$160 BN of perfectly edible produce discarded yearly

The issue is monstrous but can be resolved quite simply. The “I dont care” is an educational matter above all. If students could read this article below in 6 grade, the world would be a much better place. The system also drives them being this way. “Spend or die” distracts from the real meaning of life and of course benefits corporations and their minions.

the system is inimical to the human species (all races/cultures), we destroy trying to do good because the majority ignore the interconnectedness of everything. Personal responsibility has always been the name of the game. As long as one relies on politicians or organization to do the thinking for us, the pyramid below can only turn out being predatory. That is no conspiracy, it is a Natural Law. So turning Nature into an ally requires every human to know this. The duty of people who know more is to share the knowledge instead of asking us to trust them (blindly).

I often suggest “the century of the self” a internet blockbuster (on youtube) exposing the use of psychoanalysis to implement hyperconsumerism. Must watch, really. As long as people are unaware of their position at the bottom of the food chain, they will not listen to anything else.

I don’t subscribe to the knowledge is power model as people at the top are equally, if not more, ignorant as people at the bottom of the pyramid (other than that you pretty much nailed it).

You think it’s right for me to grow a plot of lettuce, and then try and sell you some for 1 dollar, then the govt comes along and tells me I have to give half away to someone who wants it free, then I have to charge you 2 dollars instead?

What if the government charged you a dollar for every lettuce you threw away but didn’t charge you for giving it away (a garbage tax)?

No there shouldn’t be a punishment, what needs to change is social psychology and human psychology.

And those who emigrate are those who can pay the people smuggler, so that the left homelands become even poorer than before.

Everything is a double edged sword because of dualism which we cannot rid of. Knowledge is too power… if people knew that people who claim being in the know (and want to rule us therefore cannot be trusted, the trend of ignorance growing exponentially too), the pyramid would be reversed, with its tip at the bottom and representing ignorance instead of knowledge. Meaning that problems would remain manageable instead of threatening us all.

example/web headlines
Brazil’s New (bankrupt) Government imposes Rio Water Privatization to Pay for Olympic Games… Rio’s filthy, polluted waters obstruct practice runs for Olympic sailors, as boats collide with trash, dead animals and more

You are right. The “knowledge is power” model is not absolutely but merely relatively right.

The wishful thinking that “knowledge leads to the most powerful position ever” is similar to the wishful thinking that “one can be absolutely free”.

The pecking order in chickens is not the result of knowledge (it is the result of aggression derived from greed).

They’d be stealing either a dollar or a head of lettuce every time I made a move.

sorry, man is not an animal and that’s where such premise can be proven entirely erroneous. Endorsing meritocracy will systematically result in the engineering die off of the species. Knowledge must be accessible 24/7, but if first graders aren’t told this repeatedly, they will later swallow what the TV broadcasts tell them. If first graders are explained that nobody can do the thinking for them and how dangerous it is to think otherwise, the pecking order would vanish because society would then become much less predictable.

This poor or unworthy vision that man has about himself, is embedded in his religious beliefs. Until age 7, kids are highly programmable. hypnotizable, hence religions being pushed down the throats between 4 and 7 years of age.

You say this because you are not aware enough of human programming. Everything is interconnected and trying to resolve the puzzle through one angle only is failure guaranteed.

We cannot fix the issues if not changing the premise. And sure, that is a scary thing for the many out there.

But destruction will continue, until each individual grasps the stakes:
North American wildlands sprayed heavily with undisclosed volumes of glyphosate; scientists admit environmental impacts totally unknown (yahoo)

CelineK, do you think the entire contents of your previous reply was a reply intentionally evoked by me or do you think your reply was one of free choice based on your knowledge?

I only can argue from a free will perspective and many cannot sustain a discussion with me because I will demonstrate their flawed reasoning with very rational examples. My thinking has little, if nothing, to do with beliefs. The ideas I am promoting already existed on paper in the 17th century, written by Etienne de LaBoetie – and later Henry Thorreau and Frederique Bastiat or even Hayek.

Free choice exists: slavery vs individual sovereignty, but the system has taught people that individual sovereignty equates to chaos. So people will agree with centralization, which is the root cause of slavery.

I cannot debate nor defend the premise that led to this abyss because such premise is not worth endorsing in any way as it leads to collective suicide. I also think many do not understand the difference between the Human Nature (designed to comprehend what immutable Natural Laws, Cosmic Laws, entail) and human conditioning (result of social programming, man’s flawed laws allowing the very few to racket societies).

Rebuilding a society completely anew, from scratch will inevitably rest on considering the 2nd choice (see quote). I am not preoccupied with changing people’s mind overnight but planting some seeds. This condition of slavery has no need to exist and will go from bad from worse if we do not address it ASAP.

Frédéric Bastiat - Wikiquote
When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.

Divide and rule, meanwhile both parties are bend on sacrificing earth, and us by the same token. Lets thank Obama for this: As the U.S. shale industry comes under increasing scrutiny for its environmental and health impact, it has emerged that the U.S. has approved fracking offshore leading to billions of gallons of wastewater to be dumped at sea. ecowatch.com/offshore-fracki … =hootsuite

free ebook: Discourse on Voluntary Servitude by Etienne de Laboetie
etiennedelaboetie.net/wp-content … vitude.pdf

CelineK, what makes you think you are free and others are enslaved as, to me, it appears that you are making some assumptions about yourself and others.

Your question is paradoxical to say the least. Earlier you invoked the inevitable pecking order, now you seem to say that you more or less perceive yourself as a free man. Did I get this right?

Never said that I was free but endorse “free thinking” and anybody thinking this way is changing the world at his/her own level. The change has to be initiate at an individual level – called individuation. Arguing about the world issues from a globalist perspective will not change a thing but strengthen the conflicts and accelerate the descent into a very possible WW3.

I am not free but definitely can see that the world is a prison without bars managed by debt ponzi schemes all over. Today, IMF was slammed by its own watchdog over ‘political’ handling of eurozone financial crisis. As if they didnt know about the consequences of a credit binge that completely bankrupted the EU block. .

But I am quite used to such a question from people who do not want to take a deep look at their human conditioning but will blame the human nature instead – or choose to remain skeptical toward knowledge because of the fear of freedom within. The human conditioning is just working fine. It is the elephant in the room!

It all starts with the Self… micro = macro. And otherwise. The situation is pretty dire, really. Here is a glimpse at: The Century of the Self (4 H Full Documentary)
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

CelineK, so what is there after we become free, as you seem to talk a lot about the destruction of the world but give others little hope.

Lack of food isn’t the real problem anywhere. It’s rather lack of wisdom.

Is it wise to toss out all that food? Not especially, but life is wasteful in a general sense. Existence is fucking wasteful. Stars crash into each other all the time. How many solar systems are collapsing now, obliterating civilizations?

If we are at least wasteful concerning our basic requirements, that means we are rich. That is how our society wants to feel. If it would start conserving, it would shift into a state of panic.

Lehmans Paradox:
The world is excess and nothing besides.

We, in general, are even wasteful when it comes to philosophy and hence this wastefulness allows us to perceive ourselves as philosophically wealthy

ILP in a nutshell.

I think wastefulness (consumerism) is a systemic problem in every conceivable aspect of our lives; hence making it unseen.