I am taking some serious flack on facebook for this

K: I am a big sports fan but over the years have
been less and less interested in football…
If the game is on, I might watch but frankly, I rather
just read a book… BTW I am reading a biography on
Augustine right now…good stuff…
and it just so happens to be the anniversary of his
death today and the anniversary of Goethe’s birthday.

Kropotkin

Kropotkin

Actually, there is never a need to apologize for anything that is embodied in dasein.

Where it gets tricky though is that I make points like that while seeming to be quite contemptuous of those who choose to like football.

I rationalize that by arguing that my own choice here is just a personal opinion and a political prejudice that [existentially] I took a particular “leap” to. And then [given new experiences in my life] changed my mind regarding.

But…

But if that is applicable in turn to the choices that others make then how can I justify feeling contempt for those who don’t choose the same things that I do? And [subjunctively] the part of me embedded in dasein does.

Still, there is really no satisfactory manner in which I can respond to that. I’m stuck instead being pulled in both directions. And not just about football.

On the other hand, I am almost never successful in explaining this to others. Most can’t even imagine it.

And trust me: They’re the lucky ones.

K: those who live by the dasein, die by the dasein…

which makes about as much sense as what you said… :smiley:

Kropotkin

Probably. :wink:

All sports for that matter. All it does is facilitate a primitive tribal instinct of belonging to a team.

I like some sports but I find most boring and insignificant.

Which of them do you like and which of them do you find most boring and insignificant?

I like almost all sports.

K: I’m with you… I played most sports and watched them…
I was active until I hurt my back at age 47…Now I am just an
armchair warrior…

Kropotkin

He’s like anti-competition. Nobody hates a winner like him. HH, you’re the best at that.

I like boxing, UFC, archery, and long distance rifle shooting championships.

I just find all other sports boring.

People actually make millions of dollars a years bouncing a basketball or kicking a football?

It’s so boring and stupid to me.

Me anti competition? :laughing: No, not at all.

In my world competition would have no laws, regulations, etiquette, or anything. That’s genuine authentic competition.

People like you only like competition when it is already rigged in their favor. You like controlled competition.

An environment of controlled and orderly competition.

That’s the difference between you and me.

Is the “UFC” (“Ultimate Fighting Championship”) really “the largest mixed martial arts promotion company in the world featuring most of the top-ranked fighters in the sport”?

Yes, it does.

I admit that I just googled it. In Europe there is no UFC.

By “authentic competition” you mean an “anarchic competition” or something like the “survival of the fittest” in nature?

There are no fighting sports in Europe? That sucks.

Yes, authentic social Darwinism only within the anarchist sense.

There are fighting sports in Europe, but - as I said - there is no UFC in Europe.

Your UFC started in 1993, maybe the European UFC will start 30 years later or so.

I might have known it. :wink:

What did you play?

I played football (soccer), table tennis, volleyball - not always but often as a club member.