Political Cockiness

Everybody around the world is sick to death of American imperialism and global hegemony.

I’m surprised it took the world this long to start getting cocky. Duerte has mentioned that Obama should go fuck himself repeatedly in public. Any man that says that publicly has my respect.

You’d have to dethrone the US dollar first. Gadaffi tried that and was taken out. And Lybia is still in the middle of civil war. How can you prevent a civil war? As I can see, only in a dictatorship could you do it before. Now, a dictator is an oppressor of human rights and has to be deposed, and that leaves any country vulnerable to destabilization and breaking up. And the free flow of dollar across the globe facilitates that. I wouldn’t be surprised if Philippines plunged into a civil war of its own.

If you bothered paying attention to the world markets you would understand that the dollar is currently in the process of being dethroned. Indeed within time the world will see that the king emperor has no clothes.

Philippines is too busy cozying up with China from what I’ve heard recently.

Most likely, it is pound and euro that are being devalued. So far, the dollar still makes up the majority of world’s reserve currency.

Pound sterling may be losing the status of reserve currency because of Brexit: telegraph.co.uk/business/201 … brexit-ha/

As for euro, we are yet to see how European economies will be affected by the inflow of recent refugees and terrorist attacks, but the outlook does not look good so far.

Yuan is now part of reserve currency (10%) but Chinese politics are unpredictable and undermine its credibility (ex: artificial currency manipulation/devaluing). And the claim that yuan is on its way of toppling the dollar is unfounded… how? By flooding the world with even more cheap useless crap? What would you be trading for what? Compare the two qualitatively and you’ll see that the two don’t even come close.

Joker really doesn’t understand economics or how markets work, he just believes anything he reads that confirms his belief that the sky is falling.

That diagram shows which empire has been existing since Bretton Woods: the US Dollar Empire.

Even the other strong currencies like Deutsche Mark (DM), what is now called “Euro” (and does not really work), or Yen support the US Dollar Empire.

Would you, please, name the source of that diagram?

At the end of 1990 it was like this:
US Dollar: 428.8 US $ (55%).
Deutsche Mark (DM): 160.9 US $ (21%).
Yen: 75.0 US $ (10%).
Pound Sterling: 24.3 US $ (3%).
French Franc: 15.4 US $ (2%).
Swiss Franken: 14.5 US $ (2%).
Dutch Gulden: 8.5 US $ (1%).

That is true.

That is true too.

That the US economy is in the middle of a huge transition, of that there is no doubt. However the short and long term arm of the investment apparatus has to be considered.

Short term losses are factored in in newly entangled businesses, VI’s. Businesses which can’t handle and eat the first year’s losses consisting of the set-up costs, and customer acquisition, are prone to fail.

The global economy is such a huge enterprise, and the international banking community as a whole can very well sustain incredibly large losses short term.
, and keep the dollar floating until the long term profits roll in.

The cockiness, may just be looked at as primordial juvenile behavior among the grown up, mature economies. Not too many feathers russled there.

Granted, such anti imperialism may certainly be justified, but plenty of reasons can also be garnered there, for maintaining the status quo. Not one among those who long for the return of the golden ages of Greece-Rome, would abhors a return of a new dark ages.

The US is a great, if not the greatest power today, and it is doing what it is obliged to do: , many pundits would contend.

The arguability of any issue , popular or not, is the key of what a so called democracy consists of.

Cockiness is a stance of a realization of standing up to almost insurmountable odds, and this has never ever been overcome. The globalist would argue, that it is the only way to equalize and flatten inequality.
It is a lack of knowledge of long term effects, which count.

You can see how the Euro is basically just German currency.

Erdogan is a function of the power vacuum behind the thin veil embodied by that necessary but impossible dictator, most of whom run parts of the former Ottoman Empire. I contend that WWI has never ended.

Iran and Turkey will eventually come to terms, I suppose. Russia will broker that deal, if the US manages to sort of sit still for a moment. Israel … who knows man, they were the center of attention for decades, and since Syria blew up theyve been entirely out of the spotlight. No doubt they’ve been working hard.

My savings are in Euros, Ive been wanting to buy stocks. So far the Canadian dollar has dropped a bit vis a vis the Euro since the Brexit - but

whoa

I just looked a the Euro-Dollar course of the past 4 years. The Ukraine war is coming into perspective.

The Pound and Euro is also heavily divested in the dollar also. Whatever happens to one currency will happen to all three in terms of devaluation.

Ha, you can bet that if you think it’s simply going to go one way, it’s not going to go that way.

Brain is funneled to the top. Heart isnt, but that doesnt matter. The world is not going to simply tank - there are going to be winners and losers.

There’s our favorite authoritarian financial expert of ILP. pats him on the head

That sort of thinking would of been true in a world of independent nations however this is a globalist world where everything is interconnected. There won’t be any winners out of this except for the largest corporate banks but even that will be temporary if they impoverish the entire planet in the process. The banks can’t survive if everybody else is surviving on minimum or nothing at all. That would be horrible for credit creation.

in the meantime, what should I do with my euros.

What is gold going to do?

goldprice.org/

it had a peak a few years ago, then it dipped, now its in some sort of peaking structure again. But certainly no trend is on the horizon or something that I see.

What other metals are good to invest in? Im going to look into Plutonium.

hangs back and smiles in fist

Weapons, food, tools, and a plan is what you want to invest in. You’re not going to be mobile worrying about dragging a gold collection with you. Indeed you’ll just become another target of scavengers and raiders once lawlessness breaks out.

If you bought an ounce of gold in 1970, you could have sold one gram of that and get a full return in 2011.

I have all those things. I need to secure my funds. German car stocks may be wisest, as they are taking over Europe wholesale with their non combustion engines laws.

I am a one-bag person always. I can pack up in 30 seconds flat. Just happens to be how I prioritize.

What Id buy in case “winter is coming” is a Toyota pickup.