Political Cockiness

hangs back and smiles in fist

Weapons, food, tools, and a plan is what you want to invest in. You’re not going to be mobile worrying about dragging a gold collection with you. Indeed you’ll just become another target of scavengers and raiders once lawlessness breaks out.

If you bought an ounce of gold in 1970, you could have sold one gram of that and get a full return in 2011.

I have all those things. I need to secure my funds. German car stocks may be wisest, as they are taking over Europe wholesale with their non combustion engines laws.

I am a one-bag person always. I can pack up in 30 seconds flat. Just happens to be how I prioritize.

What Id buy in case “winter is coming” is a Toyota pickup.

You can’t survive on or eat gold. Really with the collapse of a society, what kind of market do you think is going to be left to exchange it with?

Then there is also gold confiscation by whatever government that is left trying to regain power.

Save your paper money and invest in gold if you must. Stay away from the stock market completely. You’ll only lose money at this point.

Once you become a master scavenger you won’t even need a bag to start out with. :wink:

I’d stick with off the road vehicles if possible. Highway checkpoints, military patrols, and armed highway men in the not too distant future.

Gold cant rise any more than it was in 2011, I bet. I think that was all a scheme. The guys that sold then (to China most likely) and caused the drop to where it is now, those are the guys you have in your visor.

China is getting all the gold in the world, from what I hear. The yellow dragon clan is back. Pretty cool stuff.
China wants it because in their science, gold brings more gold and also all the rest. Their science actually includes mutable values, not just abstract variables.

Anyway you are wrong about the stock market, the powers that be are entirely dependent on it. Theyve spent a few trillions recently laying thicker cables through the Atlantic to make faster transactions. Theyve been spending money on faster cables for banking forever. Its called nanobanking, and 99 percent of our economy is feeding it. This is why paper money is meant to go out - by some cliques. Not by all, you overestimate the agreements between these fuckers.

Of course. The first things I owned apart from stuffed animals I was given were a lighter and a swiss army knife which I took from my mom. Most people on ILP are pretty off road.

You keep assuming the infrastructure we have now will be there tomorrow. Electronic money is a trap they’ve created to steal from everybody else.

Do what you want as I’m only telling you what I would do in your place.

The more you learn to survive off of nothing with the bare minimum the better off you will be.

My family history makes it impossible for me to ever trust any government. Ill be more than happy to get down to brass tacks basics of survival if it ever comes to it.

In the meantime Id like to raise the height of the modest pile of money I now have. I consider this too an art of survival. To know the future of values is basically what human survival is about.

If the shit comes down, people will know what to expect of me. People of my type will be able to rely on me. I already have good allies. That is all that matters to begin with.

Buy US oil and defense companies. Long XOM and LMT.

If Clinton wins that would be lucrative. With Trump I dont know. He’s talked about cutting middle men costs with precisely these things, and that could mean a lot of change is on the horizon.

Pezer admires Elon Musk and would invest in Tesla but I dont think they’re there yet. I said this before the disasters. Ive b een thinking about Volkswagen, as their stock is still pretty low after the scandal, but that new line isnt to pleasing to the Germanic eye I reckon, it is clearly totally Americanized since the meltdown.

If the thing goes well for them and they compete with KIA and Hyundai for the female market then the stock can rise to before the crash quickly which will double the money if I buy now. If they miss, it cant glide much deeper down than this as it has already been reviewed as at least very reliable cars. I dont know how they do that so quick, but my experience with the company has been good.

It was from here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_currency

I wasn’t able to find an updated one straight from IMF for 2016. This one is through CNBC

cnbc.com/2015/12/02/who-lose … asket.html

Thank you.

The Remnimbi (Yuan) was pegged to the US Dollar some years ago.

In 2015 the IMF declared the Remnimbi (Yuan) as the fifth reserve currency after US Dollar, Euro (Deutsche Mark), Yen, Pound Sterling.