Tinder

Never been on Tinder. What’s there to see?

DO NOT SIGN UP!

I did… here.

Re: Tinder
Postby MagsJ » Sat 28 Mar, 2020 18:41

Perhaps females do what they think males want, to get attention from the males they have set their sights on… the more desirable the person, the more they can make others bend to their will without any effort whatsoever.

Lol, never been single since the internet opened for business. :smiley:

Woah that must be a long time, you must really have a lot of experience with relationships, especially if it has lasted. Personally I just don’t know how you do it, I’m quite weak when it comes to attracting the opposite sex, I seem very incapable and just don’t really know which way I should go about this.

If you can help me and give me some tips I would be very grateful.

Last I heard, you’re a transsexual. As far as I know, Tab is not a transsexual, so I’m not really sure his advice, no matter how useful in general, is applicable to you.

Well if he decides to answer the question then we can see if it is applicable to me. Thanks for your concern.

:smiley: Tips. Hmm. I have really boring tips.

1. Get yourself in as good a shape as you can be bothered to. Not talking 6 packs or the perfect ass, just a body you can face in the mirror and are quite happy showing to someone else.
  2. Do something that makes you worthy of respect, something that you’re enthusiastic about. It can be a job, or at least something that makes you enough money to be able to function socially without having to habitually take your date to the park and eat out of dustbins.
  3. Find a clothing style you feel comfortable with, that doesn’t scream asshole in too many languages, metaphysic or otherwise.
  4. Punch your weight. If it’s a one night stand you’re after then sure, what the hell, swing for a ten and if they blow you out, swing for a nine. But if it’s long term you’re after, then pick someone nice, who is likely to think you’re nice too, and then bombard them with nice.

Basically, get your shit together, and someone will find you. Don’t try to find someone in the hopes that they will get your shit together for you.

Confidence is the best chat up line, and if you don’t have confidence, at least practice the fine art of not giving too much of a shit either way, often people will mistake that for confidence lol.

Thanks tab. Those are some great tips and will surely help me in my pursuit of a woman, I guess I’ve been a little unaware of those types of things that you mentioned.

There’s a lot of beautiful women in society and I want one for a girlfriend, I want to take a girl out and prove to her I am worthy of her love and affection.

I find it hard to see a future of happiness without a woman. Women are a vital part of a mans life and provide great profound meaning to his journey, often even aiding him in reaching epiphanies.

Tbh. I think they’ll pretty much help anyone in pursuit of anything.

They’ll probably have already decided that before you even sat down. The main job is just not to prove them wrong lol. Do that for long enough and the sunken costs fallacy will tide you over a few mistakes.

Because it’s all about you lol. The one you’re with is just gas in your tank. #-o Nah, people get together mainly because it’s nice to have someone on your side when you want to moan, decent sex you don’t have to dress up for, and because loving someone is good for you. Lives don’t have meaning so much as your life means something to another.

I’m now gonna go tell my wife that I married her for the epiphany boost. If I’m divorced tomorrow I’ll blame you. :smiley:

Perhaps the first step is to figure out what you want. Otherwise, you may end up with something you don’t want, something that bores you. Women can be boring. I mean, people can be boring in general, if they are not what you need at the time. So figuring out what you need is the first step. Which is difficult enough.

I wouldn’t go the bodybuilder route, first of all, because bodybuilders are “gay”, as in, they aren’t “real men”, as in, low body fat is generally pursued for aesthetical rather than practical reasons. Look at the strongmen competition. The strongest men in the world have quite a bit of fat. Sumo wrestlers are morbidly obese (and yet very healthy.) MMA fighters too have more fat than bodybuilders.

Physical exercise is fine. I am currently not physically active. Self-quarantine and all. But also the type of work I do, as well as many other difficult-to-articulate things, simply don’t give me enough of a mental time to focus on physical exercise. But I would like to do it and I would only do it because I want to be healthy. But not healthy in the sense of “Doctors said that physical exercise reduces the risk of heart disease”, but in the sense “I want to feel better”. I’d try something and then observe the consequences: does it make me feel better or worse? Then I’d use that as a guide to decide what to do next. It’s the best way to learn (anything at all.) And it’s fun.

But I’d never be physically active with the goal to impress a woman. Sure, being interested in a woman may motivate me to be more physically active, but that extra bit of motivation is never so strong that you can say it’s done solely for the purpose of attracting women.

Having a satisfying job is a given. Otherwise, one won’t be able to sustain one’s own life, let alone a relationship. This is difficult enough that it requires a dedication independent from any thought of women. I currently have a job I am not completely satisfied with. The pay is good (actually, for a single person, it’s sort of a heaven) but the job itself does not make me feel like I’m doing the best I can do. This is a serious problem.

As for clothing style, I do and I do not care about that. I think it’s fine but it’s very low on the priority list.

Magnus, the key thing is you do none of these things for anyone other than yourself. If you change simply to impress another, that change is temporary, once your goal - a partner - is achieved, you will revert. And poof, turn back into the frog. That’s why relationships fail. Because technically, you lied with your entire being at the outset.

Clothes are you. Just as much as your skin is. They signal.

I started with the physical aspect because it is the easiest thing to modify. And essentially costs you nothing but willpower and self-discipline, two things that need to be practiced anyway. And I didn’t mean body building. Just fit. Just till you are truly comfortable in your body.

I did not write that post because I thought you’re wrong or that your opinions are different from mine. I merely wanted to add detail. Let that be clear (:

Lol, sorry, ilp usually puts me into auto-argue mode. :smiley:

Yeah, you’ve always preferred talking to me via DM rather than through Discussion… why was I expecting anything more. :icon-rolleyes:

The curse of the Internet (:

Because they are people and people just want to bang. Stop being so needy.

This paradox used to be on this list of paradoxes on the Wikipedia page of “list of paradoxes”

apparently it wasn’t politically correct!

The paradox is this: The less you want a woman, or are even remotely interested in a woman, the more she will want you! Or conversely: They more you want a woman, the less she will want you.

Now! This is true. Women have almost all the choices of partners, they don’t have to compete for male partners… since males HAVE to compete, the women who don’t have to compete see a male who’s not interested in her as extraordinary!! FINALLY!!! a woman feels like she actually has to compete !!! (which they never do!!, but that’s not the point)… women are most sexually attracted to gay men for this reason.

Likewise, the brain of a gay man is almost exactly like the brain of a heterosexual female (they both lust after men!). Gay men can fuck any other gay man (no challenge at all), just like women lust after gay men, gay men consider heterosexual men their greatest conquest - a challenge - like heterosexual women and gay men, a gay man sees a heterosexual man as his only challenge.

Heterosexual men are unique to all the sexual orientations —. Because they not only will fuck any woman that moves, they always have a challenge!!

You see, gay men, lesbian women and heterosexual women have no real challenge. Heterosexual men ALWAYS have a challenge!!! This sets heterosexual men apart.

Anyways, that’s a long answer to a short question

I wonder why that is?
Maybe because ilp has not completely passed the mirror image stage, and jumped prematurely into the paradoxical question :

Is it the politics, (of experience ) , of may it be reversely, the experience of politics that should determine how to confront a person. Course nowadays, even finding a suitable gender oriented bathroom can cause indecision.

A decisive gender neutrality demands a mysterious initial approach: what you usually get is what you see, and who cares if the person can’t prepare well enough against the discovery that can’t hide
After all, that will be unimportant down the line, doubt usually comes well prepared.

The great philosopher Snoop Dogg once said, “never love no hos”.