Rap Battle

Use this forum to suggest topics, and to find others to debate with.

Re: Rap Battle

Postby Carleas » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Perfect. Let me get someone to make the thread, and you can post a link to your first rap there.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Wonderer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Sounds fun.

If you guys are having trouble, take inspiration from one of the greats.

2pac, (some biggie), some easy E, old school snoop dog, some jay z because he can say anything and make it sound like a rap, necro of course, and immortal technique for sure. Eminem is alright, but i only like his older songs...

Good luck gents.
Whatever makes you happy.
Wonderer
Wonderer

Postby Carleas » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Yeah, Eminem got lame later on.

A sketch of influences, in reverse chronological order: The Flobots, Big L, Kanye, a little Mos Def, The Transplants, some Eminem, Cypress Hill, un peu de MC Solaar (for you francophiles), Rage Against the Machine, and the Beastie Boys. Some traditional rap, but a lot of it is more alternative.
My beats are likely to be somewhat unconventional for rap, but I'll try to work some more traditional stuff in. I'll see what Impious is using before I make any final decisions, and I'm definitely going to take Wonderer's tastes into account.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Wonderer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Big L was one i should have mentioned. cypress hill are more or less entertainment value. I like their sound but their lyrics could sue sprucing up. Sort of like Necro at times.
Whatever makes you happy.
Wonderer
Wonderer

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Carleas wrote:Perfect. Let me get someone to make the thread, and you can post a link to your first rap there.

I shall have the debate thread up-and-running by the end of the week - watch this space! :happy-partydance:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 pm

We now have kick off people... :happy-partydance:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Challenges