DEBATE ME, PLEASE!!!

I am strongly anti-religion, so to speak, and would enjoy debating this subject; but I will debate any subject…pick one!
I’m not, nor have I ever been, one for debating subjects that can teach us nothing, but I will try to debate any subject.
State your position, and, if I can, I will debate you!

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Seriously, is nobody up for debating (preferably religion) with me???

OK. Since I’m also strongly anti-religion, it might be fun exploring the pro’s of religion. I’ll debate with you. I’m tired of all the bullshit by the whiners that there is no “serious” philosophy being done in ILP. A couple of caveats: You take negative and I take positive. You choose a specific topic within religion. Otherwise, we’d just end up in the usual religion forum discussion. No quoting Dawkins, Dennett, or Harris. I’ve already read 'em. I’ll refrain from biblical or other religious book quotes. This has to be both of us making our own arguments - no cheating by appeals to authority.

As soon as you accept the proposal, I’ll contact Pav and see if he can’t scare up some judges. With the Academy in stasis, he might find time to work with this.

Thanks!
I dont have much experience of debating, but i have STRONG views about religion, that i want to share, with anyone that will listen, really (lol)!

How about this to start: Religion, all religion, does far more harm than good!! or if you would agree with this… help me come up with a topic that we can debate- this is still all rather new to me, debating and ‘what not’!

Ummm, your proposal is so broad as to include almost anything one would wish to say. It needs to be a narrower topic. Something like… is the bible the word of god or man? Or, was Jesus a manisfestiation of God or just a man?

You might want to consider a lengthy post in Academy making and substantiating your claims since you have those strong views. From your statements there a possible debatable subject could arise. Hell, I’d even read an Academy post should you post there. Think about it. Debate might be the second step, not the first.

This makes a lot of sense! Thankyou…
I may come back to this thread in the near future…
Thanks again.
Dan