Laws of Physics Revisited

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 am

Laws of Physics Revisited

I was reading how scientists are discovering how certain parts of the Brain works: but that is the point, we shouldn't be discovering how the Brain works, we should be inventing how the Brain works, we should be inventing and designing how we would like the Brain to Work, we should be inventing new Brain Designs and new Brain Styles, new interactions, new Observers, new Observer Types.

And if you change the Observer, the ground point from which all is measured and observed and how the Observer interacts with what it observes and measures, you change everything, the very structure of existence changes, you enter a new world, an new universe having new laws of physics, nay, even more, you enter something so new and different that it can't be described or associated with anything we already know: saying that you enter a new universe with new laws of physics is too reductive, is too modest compared to how deeply all could change, to how hugely different and new, completely new and revolutionary all of the structure of existence and information and interactions and new events occurring can be.

But then which Observer will measure and compare the new Observer to which (and how ?) ? Which will serve as a ground point ? And if the laws of physics are valid for us, how does that translate to what the laws of physics are for the newly designed Observer Type?

But any Observer, interacting or mixing with or measuring a new Brain Contraption would still have to be aware and remember what his laws of physics are compared to what the new Observer sees, but at a certain point the measuring Observer, in order to more fully perceive and measure the new Observer would have to gradually lose his awareness and memory of his original world and laws of physics until he becomes the new Observer ? So then the laws of physics are only a function of which particular Observer is interacting with the physics...

APESTER, APE, THE APE MAN, THE EIGHT
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:58 am

nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Liquid Brainium

So free your Brain Style and Brain Design from the arbitrary choice Natural Evolution or GOD or the Laws of Physics decided to give to it just for fun, just for the kicks of it, just to show how arbitrary they were in designing this specific and peculiar Brain Contraption. It is not necessary to decode "How it Works", who cares how it works, what importance does that have ? Any way it works is just an arbitrary fluke design choice on behalf of Nature, there is nothing Metaphysical or Absolute or Spiritually Greater or worth more than any design you choose for the Brain to have: nay, the Brain can have any possible design imaginable, can be an infinitely contorted and complex contraption working in trillions of incredible different ways. And in fact, the very fact that there are so many possible Brain Designs, that the possible combinations are surely greater than 10^100 (100 circuits in 10 different configurations and each configuration is a new world, and experience space, and possible interaction and universe space with new laws of physics and new emotion circuits and contraptions and sense organs and so on forever) means that we will never know anything at all, the amount of possiblities to discover is so large that we will never know anything, we know nothing at all, even if we experience some of the trillions of possibilities, we will never know anything at all no matter what and no matter how hard we try. Brains self designing themselves, universes self designing themselves, laws of physics self inventing themselves and such.

Don't figure out how the Brain works, Invent how it works, Design a new Brain, nay, Invent a new false way of how you want it to work, lie to yourself, lie to the brain, the brain deserves to be lied to, invent brains, do not investigate them or figure out how they work, invent how they work, make it all up, tell lies, never tell the truth and so forth.

So you can design and construct a modified mind that changes its internal circuits according to the images it sees, any image becomes a new neural circuit set, all the brain signals will now be processed by the image (or you can do the opposite and process the brains as bits and information chunks on behalf of images and such) a new brain hence a new world, and the new neural circuits composed and set up according to the image it receives with its eyes (a tree, a car, a forest, whatever) will process the internal signals of the new Brain Mindform Contraption, the new Observer Contraption and so forth.

The Information becomes the Observer (or/and the Observer brecomes the Information ?) and the Observer may use other Brains as its information and such and so on forever, just invent it be crazy, invent the most incredible contraptions you can.

So just like everything you see is a Brain as in Brainium, all is a possible Brain design, nay, is actually a new brain, is a new Observer, then it is all a liquid of Brains, ever changing designs and Observers exploring the space of possibilities of Universes and Worlds and new Laws of Physics...

THE APE, SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU JOBSTER LOBSTER APESTER, NO DICE JOB, NO DICE, NO DICE JOSE' SHPAK A LAK SHPAK A LAK, CONFUSED BARBIE...NO DICE, JOSE' CONFUSION, NO DICE JOB AND SUCH, BARBIE CONFUSED...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Amorphos » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

we shouldn't be discovering how the Brain works, we should be inventing how the Brain works


We have to discover/understand it before we can re-invent it.

I quite like it how it is, if some others changed theirs does that go into the gene pool and change things for us too? I’d say we don’t know shit yet, but when we do, I mean really do have mastery over nature, then sure.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7048
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 am

Science is a short story, the greatest invention of all will also be the last invention of the Human Race, we will EXIT this world in a jiffy, in a moment and we will be gone (or is it the world as we know it, decode it and format it going to be gone ?).

"We have to discover/understand it before we can re-invent it."

There is no IT. There is no objective reality, there are only subjective events and sensations, each person a point like event happening in a moment and nothing else.

You can go the route of trying to discover "How the Brain Works" and learn all of the repetitive patterns and rules, and especially keep on applying your logic and implied outside reality world and implied objective reality world (implied because you think your Man Brain and Experience and Your Life experience somehow represents the ONE Objective, Invariant Reality when it is just a random quirk of sensations and mental models and memories of things and sets of events and actions and reactions a randomly designed Observer experiences with no Truth or Objectivity or Deeper Knowledge than any Cartoon World and Simulator you can invent) and then manipulate a new brain accordingly, but you would never know :

1) What exactly the new brain would experience with your "logic" applied to it, since applying your logic, the logic of your world and brain to a new brain would be to make believe that all brains and any observer must operate accordingly, according to something you already know, the new brain as formatted or as designed according to another brain, but since there is no Ultimate Objective Brain, they are all random subjective, arbitrary quirks, you would just be mixing brain styles and the corresponding universes with them. A observes and manipulates B but B could also observe and manipulate A, but both A and B are arbitrary relative quirks and flukes, neither is an absolute reference system, so since there are no absolute reference systems, all brains are just a quirk and random design not containing any truth or any reality at all, just designs, just Information Relationships;

2) How your own brain and world would appear to the modified mind, how it would interpret it, how it would like to apply its "logic" or rules to your own brain, and would like "to see how your own brain works and what happens by manipulating it" and such.

The point is that modifying the Brain and Designing a new brain is such a total and radical departure from anything ever done before, that there is no point of contact between what the new brain and its corresponding universe and new laws of physics observes with what we observe: they are so different and so disjoint, that simple any random and wild manipulation of a brain is equivalent, is equally logical, is equally correct since there is no longer any correct or incorrect operating, there is no longer any logic operating, any history, and connection to anything we model in our mind.

It is the End of Science and the beginning of completely new worlds, there is no longer any linear accumulation of knowledge since the Measuring device containing the accumulated knowledge (our brain) is no longer a fixed and stable invariant item, but a variable, unstable, new Observer open to any events, any interpretations and actions and reactions, and therefore totally alien from us, the most extremely alien and different from us than you can possibly imagine.

What happens when you change the Observer of the Universe ? You also change the universe totally and completely and you discover that there is no fixed universe, only an infinite array of possible observers and universes without any direction, or history, or reference system, not even the reference system of time and space, since time and space is done away with completely in many new types of Observers.

We may approach these experiments very gradually, with very small changes and with simulated universes, since the departure from what we know would be too radical and sudden for our Man Brain to accept and Decode...

"I mean really do have mastery over nature, then sure."

There is no "nature" and there is no "mastery of nature", only new designs, new wild and wicked Man Brains doing things completely unknown and alien from us...stick wild chemicals and wild signals in the Man Brain, shove a V8 engine in the Man Brain crazily and irrationally, make a mess, don't use logic, use ART, make it jump in a new universe...

Oh, what I wrote is all wrong, I am using my logic to disprove my logic and such, so cool, how I love to contradict myself constantly, WORSHIP CONTRADICTION, THE HIGHER MODE OF REASONING, BE WRONG ALWAYS, BE AS WRONG AS POSSIBLE!

THE APE MAN, ALL CONTRADICTIONS ARE OPERATING, ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND FALSE AND ANYTHING IN BETWEEN, ETC...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Flannel Jesus » Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 am

Then why the fuck are you still in this universe? Why don't you just change your brain already and go somewhere else? You talk about it like it's so easy, so do it. Bye.
User avatar
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Sayeth Jesus, the Son of Man, the King of the Jews:

"Then why the fuck are you still in this universe? Why don't you just change your brain already and go somewhere else? You talk about it like it's so easy, so do it. Bye."

The APE JOB replies:

It has already been done, just the thought of the Instant Singularity creates it (the old fashion "Technological Singularity" with computers designing themselves into ever smarter minds into an oblivion and singularity is substituted with the New Instant Singularity that just instantly cracks open skulls and sticks wild stuff in the Brain to make it become "Something Else", etc.), just the thought modifies Minds and creates a new universe, a new reality, the thought creates the new big bang and a new universe, the idea and concept disconnects the mind and the Observer from any underlying physics and all elementary particles, the thought modifies the Observer which renders reality no longer dependent on True or False, Real or Fake, it renders reality independent of the Material substrate, nay, it changes the material substrate into some other kind of material, etc. A New Big Bang.

So it has been done, is being done, the rock on the floor is a New Brain executing a new world, even if this is not true, because it no longer depends on being true, or any categories or logic of your puny mind Jesus, Son of Man, King of the Jews. Now go on and tell your father, GOD, that the rules have changed now, tell him that something else is in control, the someone else is in now in charge. Now, crack open your skull and shove wild stuff in it.

So you see, it is really easy, just imagine a new mind in your thought and brain and execute it and you enter a new Universe. AMEN.

THE APE, SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU JOBSTER LOBSTER APESTER, NO DICE JOB, NO DICE, NO DICE JOSE' SHPAK A LAK SHPAK A LAK, CONFUSED BARBIE...NO DICE, JOSE' CONFUSION, NO DICE JOB AND SUCH, BARBIE CONFUSED...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Typist » Mon May 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Don't figure out how the Brain works, Invent how it works,


I'm not sure I understand you, but this appears to be one of your main points.

The human mind has evolved over millions of years, and the fact that we are still here illustrates that the mind is pretty well adapted to our environment. So before we start monkeying around with the mind in any serious way, it seems we'd be well advised to understand the mind we've already got.

As example, suppose in the investigation of our current minds we were to discover that we are actually totally insane. Is this the mind we want to have in charge of designing the new mind??

Your thesis seems to be that we can do a better job of designing the mind than nature has done, and this seems a quite speculative claim.

However, I do agree that we will increasingly see our minds as the point of greatest leverage in regards to all our goals and problems, and that we'll probably increasingly monkey around with our minds in a pell mell reckless manner, much as we do with everything else.
User avatar
Typist
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Typist » Mon May 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Flannel Jesus wrote:Then why the fuck are you still in this universe?


Statements like this communicate to readers....

"Hey, look at me, I'm 19 years old and am pretending to be a tough guy adult."


Just so you know....
User avatar
Typist
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Flannel Jesus » Mon May 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Nameta, if that's all it is then why are you talking about it like it hasn't been done yet? First you say "we need to invent it" and then you say "it's being done all the time already". Nonsense.

Typist, posts like yours communicate "oh no, someone cursed". Get your panties straightened out and look at what he and I are saying rationally. You'll find he's not saying anything rational (consistency is a requirement from rationality, and he's clearly not very consistent)
User avatar
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Flannel Jesus » Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 pm

In any case, it was a mistake to post in this thread on my part, I agree with you there. I knew there was no chance he could possibly make a sensible reply, it was futile from the start. He just likes to dance around with new agey words and mysticism and avoids saying anything of substance.
User avatar
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Typist » Mon May 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Flannel Jesus wrote:Typist, posts like yours communicate "oh no, someone cursed". Get your panties straightened out and look at what he and I are saying rationally.


Ok, I straightened out my panties and now see with utter clarity, that you're not saying anything rational either.

I don't care about the word FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I'm just offering a friendly tip, your posts will look smarter without such words. If you don't care, I don't either.
User avatar
Typist
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Flannel Jesus » Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Alright, you keep on supporting people who say "we need to invent something that people already do all the time", meanwhile I'll go talk to people who aren't posting from the psych ward
User avatar
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby Amorphos » Mon May 28, 2012 6:05 pm

There is no IT. There is no objective reality, there are only subjective events and sensations, each person a point like event happening in a moment and nothing else.


I’d say all those things are ‘it/s’. a subject is another kind of non-object.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7048
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 pm

But, but, but .... So let's put this thing up on two feet. Here's the deal:

Are the laws of physics invariant for all possible Observers ? If you have Observer1 O1 and Observer2 O2, are the laws of physics the same for both of them such that:

L = f1(O1) = f2(O2)

where L is an invariant form of the Laws of Physics in all possible reference systems according to all possible Observers ( all possible Information Processing Networks in newly designed Brains, all possible Processors), f1 is a particular function relative to the particular design of the particular Observer O1 and f2 is another specific function relative to the specific design of Observer2 O2 such that they transform the expression of all of the invariant repetitive laws discovered in one reference system O1 into the equivalent, but one to one association expression of the corresponding invariant repetitive laws discovered on behalf of Observer2 ?

Does L and f1 and f2 exist for all possible Observers ? And if so, does it even matter ? It matters to us because we like to discover mathematical relationships valid in all possible situations (aka reference systems), but in the end what counts is the Experience the Observer undergoes in his world, and that is his reality and his universe and his laws of physics.

On the one hand, I doubt that L, f1 and f2 can exist given how radically different an Observer (a Processor) design can be, aside from the fact that you can hard wire Observers so that they can never discover their underlying laws or any laws, or you can hard wire an Observer - Processor to perceive any wild and random laws as far out and detached and unrelated to our laws (or other laws of physics existing for any other observers - processors) as possible, or hard wire an observer so that it always only Lies to itself and falsifies (simulates ?) all reality.

On the other hand, no matter how hard we try, we are always seeing everything through our reference system, our logic and our laws of physics, we are chained into a fixed f1 and O1 so to say and cannot say anything at all about f2 and O2, or something like that. And even if we can see some of what O2 sees, and even if we mix O1 and O2, and even anything else, no matter how hard we try, we can never be all possible Observers, and see things through all possible Observers, we will always format everything automatically according to what we already know, to some kind of fixed but arbitrary logic and processing machine, etc. We are trapped in our reference system no matter how hard we try to escape it and see beyond it and see a number of distinct reference systems from a more general reference system, from the outside looking in so to say, but we are never outside, we are always inside since we are trapped into some very simple laws from the outset like the Identity Principle and the Principles of Non Contradiction and such (and Space and Time and Extension references and so on).

So the only solution is to simply crack open skulls, crack open your own skull and pour wild stuff in it, design crazy circuits and contraptions and stick it in you skull, Jethro Skull, go for it man, or simply assign the V8 Engine as a new Man Brain and Observe what it is observing from the outside, imagine how the world appears to that engine and such, be crazy, be wild, party on folks, party on....

TOBOR THE EIGHTH MAN
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Who is going to write the equation L = f1(O1) = f2(O2) ? Who is, what is the Ultimate Brain Design that can see what all possible brain designs have in common ? So if the Absolute Processor, Absolute Observer Oa can write the equation, then the equation is valid also for itself hence L = fa(Oa), but then that means all Brain designs are equivalent, they are all just the same Processor. But then that would mean something similar to a baby being equivalent to an adult (or a rock being equivalent to you, since all items are possible Brain designs, as in Brainium), they know the same thing, and then to verify the equation, you would need a different Processor from Oa, an Oc to confirm the truth Oa finds, the equation Oa finds. But then Observer Oa and Observer Oc (confirmer) would have to live in some kind of Same Reference System, same Universe with the same Laws of Physics and such, demonstrating the equation even before knowing the Observers and such. And then if you choose a Rock as a random new Brain Design and random Observer, that Rock would have to communicate to you that the Absolute Observer is right, or would have to send some information to confirm this, but a Rock cannot talk and such.

The observer writing and confirming the equation would have to be some kind of superset of all possible observers and live in some kind of superset of all possible universes and so on. Of course the universe is a function of the observer (once an observer, for example a Man Brain with eyes and touch and sound and logic decoding the world according to space and time is designed and invented, the universe where that observer can live and interact is also defined, one implies the other, etc.), so once an observer is established, so is his universe and such, but then it can never be a superset of all universes and observers it will always fall back into just another distinct random observer, maybe having many properties and looking like a superset, but effectively being only just another plain observer, etc.

And then you can always assign an Observer O3 that wants to contradict or lie or simply doesn't want to abide to the equation, who is going to tell that Observer that Oa is correct, and what does the rebel Observer even care about Oa, he can dismiss Oa as being nothing at all and such.

But then by the same reasoning, you can assign an Absolute Observer where the equation is true and another Absolute Observer where the equation is false and so on and this can justify inventing anything at all, any truth at all since you can assign the rules of verification in any way you want, you can invent all and assign all True or False or Anything else and so on and such. You can also define and assign yourself as the Absolute Observer deciding all, just like I like to do, just like the APE JOB does, and wait for the rock to contradict you or wait for another Observer to contradict you, but then the other observer would have to speak your language and decode the world according to how you decode it, but then it wouldn't be a very different observer from you, so you can always assign an observer that can't contradict you (or can contradict you, according to what you want to demonstrate), or you can always say the rock is the Absolute Observer, etc.

Hence this is the End of Science, as soon as you start changing the brain, you enter new worlds where Science is no longer operating.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby James S Saint » Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

nameta9 wrote:Are the laws of physics invariant for all possible Observers ? If you have Observer1 O1 and Observer2 O2, are the laws of physics the same for both of them such that:

L = f1(O1) = f2(O2)

where L is an invariant form of the Laws of Physics in all possible reference systems according to all possible Observers ( all possible Information Processing Networks in newly designed Brains, all possible Processors), f1 is a particular function relative to the particular design of the particular Observer O1 and f2 is another specific function relative to the specific design of Observer2 O2 such that they transform the expression of all of the invariant repetitive laws discovered in one reference system O1 into the equivalent, but one to one association expression of the corresponding invariant repetitive laws discovered on behalf of Observer2 ?

Yes.
Else they aren't the "Laws of Physics".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:58 pm

James S Saint wrote:
nameta9 wrote:Are the laws of physics invariant for all possible Observers ? If you have Observer1 O1 and Observer2 O2, are the laws of physics the same for both of them such that:

L = f1(O1) = f2(O2)

where L is an invariant form of the Laws of Physics in all possible reference systems according to all possible Observers ( all possible Information Processing Networks in newly designed Brains, all possible Processors), f1 is a particular function relative to the particular design of the particular Observer O1 and f2 is another specific function relative to the specific design of Observer2 O2 such that they transform the expression of all of the invariant repetitive laws discovered in one reference system O1 into the equivalent, but one to one association expression of the corresponding invariant repetitive laws discovered on behalf of Observer2 ?

Yes.
Else they aren't the "Laws of Physics".


In fact, what I am searching for are the most General Laws of Physics possible given any possible Observer or Processor design. And this project is destined to fail because it is always biased by my own Universe and Reference System from which I will never be able to escape unless I become something else, totally alien and totally non communicable.

The design of the Observer defines the design of the Universe that the Observer will interact with, the design of the Observer implies automatically, from the outset, the only kind of universe and hence laws of physics that it can live in and have, the set of Information Relationships that it can express and "Experience", as the kind of life it can Experience, etc.

Interesting to see how Man has gone from being the center of all in old religions and even Science, to being an ever more relative item compared to the rest of the Universe, and then at the End of Science, he becomes once again the center of all, as the design of Man defines the universe he can interact and live in, but at the same time, automatically makes the design of man the utmost arbitrary and random choice, just a fluke choice amongst many trillions of possible Observer designs, of possible Processor designs and formats, and each Processor design can interact with a completely different Universe and set of laws of Physics. And hence even Man's universe is just one of many possible Universes and Laws of Physics, his very Science and Logic becomes Arbitrary and Relative, the last substance of any ground and reference system evaporates forever. Bye, bye any Absolutes...

We are just a number written on a wall, with other numbers looking at us...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby James S Saint » Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Sounds like a good reason to abandon that mental paradigm and start over with something more sensible.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

We are always fighting our "Mental Model" of things, of the way we imagine that they are supposed to be, etc.: but things are independent from any of our Mental Models and we are always surprised to discover how random and independent from us or any model we have in our mind reality is. And we fight ourselves because reality contradicts our Mental Model, what "We Thought Should and Would Happen" and such: like I wanted my kid to go to college (Mental Model) but instead he became a thug and such, and so I fight myself and try to force reality to abide to the Mental Model, when the Mental Model was false and must be hosed, accept reality and give up, etc. Don't fight yourself, jut accept Reality and get rid of any Mental Models or Plans or Projects or Expectations, etc.

Back on Dice: in order to help you all contradict me, I will give you a clue: it is true that the Observer implies a Universe that he can Observe according to how he is designed, the Observer fits in perfectly with the way the Universe he Observes is designed (according to how he himself is designed, a kind of positive feedback loop fitting the Observer to his Universe, each to each other perfectly, one implies the other) and how he Interacts with it and the fixed set of events the Observer and the Outside Universe expect to occur during the lifetime of the Observer (the possible Information Relationship Set and Reciprocal Interaction Set).

But the design process that created the Observer (the Man Brain as we know it and according to the Universe as we know it) was executed by Natural Evolution, through a gradual adaptation of every new "Functionality" to the environment in which the Observer found himself in, through a constant testing and trying of each small change, making only the most functional changes survive etc. Compare this to the imagined "Instant Singularity" where there is no "Evolution" or trial and error process, but a one shot radical change of the Observer and the expectation that this Observer can survive and Live and Be Conscious in a new imagined Universe (or his Universe).

But we can imagine that all and all we are simply inside an artificial contraption where Natural Evolution and the gradual trial and error adaptation is just a make believe, a simulation, just a joke. And we can imagine any other contraption with any other radically new and one shot designed Observer Instantly adapated to a corresponding Universe and Law of Physics, as fake as can be, but since the only thing that really matters is the one shot sequence of point like events the Observer is experiencing and "Living", Evolution and Gradual are not not necessary, only the Information Relationship Set and Interaction Set count and are effectively perceived by the Observer as he lives in this "Artificial Universe": we may very well all the same be inside an "Artificial Universe" of some alien race, where a microsecond of ours is a year of theirs or a year of our life is a microsecond of theirs and so on.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby James S Saint » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

One of the best ways to win a battle is to not fight it and take a different direction.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Absolute or Relative ?

But any Modified Mind, any new design you can draw and think up of, any new Processor, anything at all is not a "Discovery" or something "New to Know", but always just an invention, an "Art Form", something that becomes real only by assigning it as real and such: the entire process of "Scientific Discovery" is meaningless in this context, since no background reference system of invariants, of truths, of invariant "Laws of Physics" is operating anymore, there is no background, no stage, no ground state from which to measure all, etc. There is only random design and invention, all you can think up of is reality and true, it IS simply, etc.

But then any Alternate Mind is simply somehow a subset of our present Mind or Reference System or Laws of Physics: and in fact we can always and only imagine something that is always somewhat similar to us, that has at least some minimum resemblance to us, if only at least within the Principles of Identity and Non Contradiction (otherwise we couldn't even talk about it or design it or think about it, etc.), at least something that extends in Space and Time and works in some way, etc. A new Processor Design as a Mind can be as complex and weird as possible, but it is always a design, a picture, a something, an anything, it must always have at least one point of contact with us, and how our mind works, and how we can even simply contain it or delimit it, etc.

So we can see that any new design (we can think up of and invent), any New Mind will always be of a given class, always a subset of our Mind (no hierarchy necessary! we could be a subset of the New Mind, etc.) or at least within the same class of Minds as our Mind is, at least having the minimum properties of "Existence" or "Being" somewhere and somehow, etc.

So we can imagine at least two classes of Modified Minds: the first is those that we can invent and design, no matter how crazy and far out, but always having been designed by us, has something, at least if only even ONE BIT similar to us, but even one bit is enough to make it go into a class of minds that is the same of which our mind belongs to and a second class of Modified Minds that don't even have one bit similar to ours, that are totally alien to us and are totally disjoint in any way from ours, etc.

And the second class of modified minds doesn't operate (or operates randomly and weirdly and as crazily as possible ?) according to even the basic Identity Principles and the Principle of Non Contradiction, even the basic principles of "Being Somewhere" (in time or space or any other reference system ?) of even "Existing", etc. And it is probably in these minds that a real New Universe Appears and really New Laws of Physics Appear or something like that.

In short, what I am saying is that we can make up all kinds of new Mindforms we want, new Man Brains, new Processors and Observers as complex and huge and intricate and having any properties and functionalities and mechanisms, no matter how far out and complex as we want, BUT WE ARE ALWAYS USING SOME OF OUR OWN LOGIC TO DESIGN IT, TO ENVISION IT, TO CONSTRUCT IT OR DRAW IT, ETC. And the fact that we are using our own logic makes it at least connected to our world and universe at least by ONE BIT.

But there are many other New Mindforms, New Brainforms, New Brainiums that don't even have One Bit similar to us, and are even farther away from anything we can ever imagine, and those minds probably live in completely new universes and worlds (nay, they do live, we can assign the rules and laws of Reality since that is what happens when you change the very Observer of "Reality", the very "Reference System" and "Ground State of Reality" (as that is what our Mind and Man Brain is) the very STAGE OF REALITY, ETC.).

And notice, all of the above was written and thought up of using Logic and Language, etc. So of course, they are all some kind of subset of Our view and Mind, etc.

So imagine a Planet Sized Integrated Circuit with untold number of Transistors operating and creating a new Observer, imagine a Planet sized piece of paper with an untold number of wild symbols, designs, new letter and alphabets and block diagrams, incredibly elaborated, intricate and complex, the blueprint of a NEW BRAIN, the Electronic Schematic of a NEW OBSERVER and such. And design wild drawings, little symbols, little tags and designs, all kinds of curves and new letter types (like Chinese but ever more intricate and cool looking and such) and wild connections and signals, an Ocean of Wild Symbols and Signals and imagine what all those symbols and transistors and diagrams are doing, how many new Sensations and Emotions and New Realities they are Experiencing and Creating, go for it man, you can do it, First Gear, it's All Right, Second Gear Hold on Tight, Third gear You're Out of Sight, Sock it to me Baby, Cool, Sock it to Me, this is Groovy.

This is the game I should have played when I was a child, those are the drawings I should have drawn as a child...(I always drew cars, 1966 Oldsmobile Ninety Eights...).

There are no solutions to any problems no matter what, personal or social or emotional or career wise or anything at all since any state can change in a jiffy and you lose once again and have to start all over again to reach the previous "state", to win once again or any "better state", but as soon as you reached it or anything, it can always disappear all over again or get worse or change as change is the name of the game, etc.

But then, only the random detail is really Absolute, we are only detail and a quirk story (our neural network designed by our life story and history and our "Relationships" and such), or Relative is the only Absolute in a sense...

THE APE, SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU JOBSTER LOBSTER APESTER, NO DICE JOB, NO DICE, NO DICE JOSE' SHPAK A LAK SHPAK A LAK, CONFUSED BARBIE...NO DICE, JOSE' CONFUSION, NO DICE JOB AND SUCH, BARBIE CONFUSED...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

From:

http://kunstler.com/blog/2012/06/welcom ... mhole.html


From:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179196


and

http://instantsingularity3.blogspot.it

Author Profile Page tegmark | June 8, 2012 8:48 AM | Reply

and

http://instantsingularity1.blogspot.it


Now come on, Chinese Spammer, it's your turn now....


SHPACK A LAKK, SHLAKKA A LAKK, JOBSTER LOBSTER, NO DICE JOB, NO DICE JOSE' , SHPACCK A LAKK , NO DICE, NO DICE JOB, NO DICE, JOBSTER LOBSTER SUBARU SUBARU SUBARU RU RU BARBIE CONFUSED...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm

From:

http://kunstler.com/blog/2012/06/welcom ... mhole.html

No Solution Ever !

There will never be any solution to any problem, to any possible kind of problem ever (personal, political, society, etc.) no matter what, learn to give up, give up real fast. The Mental Model Mode of imagining a future that is supposed to "follow a path", "a predetermined path" that we wish occurs and happens and such, and if it doesn't happen we get mad at the world, ourselves and others (and are jealous of others having been successful in following that similar path, why him and not me ?, etc.), try to find the blame, and keep on trying to push the path the way we wanted, or simply cry forever because it didn't happen, our expectations didn't "come true", the "world betrayed us", the random luck, factors, events betrayed our linear model, of "going forward", of "achieving our will power", of "having success" is flawed, wrong, must be hosed: since we expect the world is going according to a Mental model of the Future, what is planned, what is expected and such but then in almost all cases it doesn't.

Nothing further from the truth: the world follows its own path, anything can happen and often happens, so it is better to give up ahead of time and avoid failed mental models and failed expectations from the beginning, don't believe in anything (especially don't believe in your mental models or plans, since all mental models and plans are wrong always, they are always 100 % wrong), don't believe you can do it, be a failure from the start, don't try, don't even try, do nothing, have no model or goal or expectation, be free, free your mind, don't punish yourself by trying and wanting to follow a failed mental model, that was wrong and flawed structurally from the beginning, from the outset, by definition because all mental models are wrong, are just wishes, fairy tales, have mostly nothing to do with the real world which has no models, no direction, no goal, doesn't care about anything, etc. And who cares if other are winners and have achieved that specific mental model, just don't assign any value to any model at all and be free and be the real top winner of all, everything is always and has always been achieved this way, you are the absolute winner always, you win, you won.

Especially the expectations that other people or someone etc. will follow a path you take for granted, or events will follow a given path and such, etc. Nothing further from the truth, people are fickle, change constantly, just like the random forces of nature, especially you getting mad at someone because he didn't follow your plan or expectation and you trying to force him or them or whatever to follow a plan when your are fighting a losing battle always, from the beginning, because the other person or people or events or both or society or whatever have their independent and often opposing will power, nay, often oppose your will power automatically, for fun, just because, etc.

So don't punish yourself believing in a given future path or expectation, fail immediately, give up immediately, etc. Like when a soldier dies and the mom of the soldier is in grief: no way jose', it happened, give up, don't care or think about it anymore, kill your mental circuits, don't make them become your prison guard and make you want impossible expectations and paths that cannot be, fail always, be a failure, don't give a crap, free your mind instead, etc. For the mom: it happened, forget about it the next moment, erase the story, the past, the memories and such (if ever it was so easy, but it is since it is just the mind punishing itself, we need to activate bad feelings and are searching for an excuse, actually all feelings are excuses and all reasons to activate any feeling is an excuse hard wired by information and society and such, the goal the ever present constant goal and then the failure, and how much time we dedicated to the goal now lost forever etc. no way jose' kill it all).

The grief is the Mind's way of punishing itself, and we worship our own punishment, but the event is just a few bits, just some random information, disconnect it from any emotional attachements and such, so there are many ways you can start to modify your own brain and mind without having to stick a V8 engine in your head...

THE APE
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Laws of Physics Revisited

Postby nameta9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

An APE sayeth:

Please, please, pretty please be a loser, be a sissy, be a wimpy coward like me, don't "be a man", but be meek and weak, you can do it man, do it! and hate the winners, those that are "successful", try to rob their success, their cash, be wrong and bad, be a weak coward, wrong and bad and envious just like an ape man. Invert all values, assign that which is "bad" as "good", kill all ideas of worth, be the opposite of how "they want you to be", etc.

At one time in the past Queers were considered sissy and weak, now they are heroes, go figure ! So then just be a declared wimpy coward and sissy ! And let them all bully you and beat you up (just like Jesus, who let them beat him up, a coward and a sissy, go figure!), be a sore loser, be a pissed off loser, but try to win by fooling yourself like the APE does, but in the end he loses anyway.

It is all about "The Other Mind looking at you and judging you", all about other "Judgments", the judgments of other "independent" minds and such. We need constant interaction, as a constant judgment by others, trying to impress, any judgment, good or bad does't matter, but any judgment, but kill all judgments, you judge all and lose all, etc.

The reason why judgments are so important is because there is no real reference system, only the reference system of other minds and other people's judgments.

Change these mental circuits, fool arond with them all, invert them, go on, manipulate all the Man Brain forever and change all...
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am


Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users