Mathematics Has Peaked

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby nameta9 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Mathematics Has Peaked

Referencing the thread on Evolution and Purpose I declared that the theory of Natural Evolution is most accurately described simply by concepts, by ideas, by sentences and relationships, not with formulas or any kind of mathematics at all, indeed the use of Mathematics would render the theory less accurate, less precise, more vague, would essentially render the theory more false. This is an interesting case where the Myth of Mathematics, the idea of having Complete Control over how Matter behaves by applying Equations, Differential Equations, Probability Formulas and so on and such can get us "Closer to the Truth", closer to "Understanding" and closer to containing an issue within our mind is finally exposed, mathematics is revealed as totally false, not applicable, not relevant, as using the wrong instrument to explain something, etc.

And actually the use of Mathematics would render the theory less correct and less precise since even if you could have all of the exact formulas and sequence of events that lead from Molecules to the First Cell to the End Result of a Man Brain, even if you had all of the Mathematics precisely correct and such (something I doubt possible), it would be useless, it would be just a random case of formatting just one sequence of events to the utmost precision, but wouldn't reveal anything at all with regards to the true nature of the sequence of events and namely that the events are totally casual, random, disconnected between each other, are not formattable at all, cannot be decoded in any logical way at all, and indeed mathematics hides the real nature of what is going on, falsifies reality by pretending that it abides to something that has Formulas or Repeatable Patterns when this is not the case at all, even if they are discovered in just that one case of natural evolution that we managed to decode, those formulas would not have any general meaning, any deeper meaning than being just casually applicable.

But this brings me to the general idea that mathematics, as an instrument to further understanding has mostly Peaked, has finished delivering what it could deliver, etc. The three body problem can't be solved, most real case applications of Differential Equations cannot be solved analytically and precisely, with closed form formulas, most of what could have been decoded and discovered and used by applying mathematics has been achieved, we are now left with a few breadcrumbs left to discover and use.

And it is significant, especially the use of Supercomputers that try to simulate Protein Folding or the Weather or any other natural events by applying the Laws of Physics and the Differential Equations, that no matter how many "Operations per Second" the Numerical program needed to describe and format a phenomena mathematically (and notice especially the fact that we always have to revert to Numerical Methods and Approximations, a truly definite declaration of defeat on behalf of mathematics, the myth of mathematics exposed even though no one notices this) the results of understanding and the possibility of control and manipulation of phenomenas is always very little anyways.

The fact that we have now reached 10^15 operations per second to describe protein folding for example shows just how much the use of Mathematics to describe nature is at the End of the Road, Has Peaked, is mostly over, it is a declaration of defeat bar none. And wouldn't we have so many new discoveries and applications if the natural phenomena even followed those equations and those programs etc. ? Why such a huge diminishing Returns (but we always like Large Numbers) ?

If mathematics were really describing protein folding we could have expressed it with a few lines of computer code and a few thousand operations per second, it would have been clear that mathematics corresponds to reality, but instead we have that no matter how many billions of operations per second we perform, we never reach anything.

Because as all things that came from the 20th century, the great leap forward of Science and Technology, we thought that that progress could go on forever, and mathematics was mostly applied to machines, electronics, to rockets and missles and so on, and in this case all of the possible use of mathematics has been perfected and explored, but when dealing with natural phenomena such as the weather or earthquakes or predicting the exact shape of a mountain range or the exact shape of a cloud or the exact shape of the next wave in an ocean, mathematics fails miserably. And so also mathematics will end up in the dustbin along with the Myth of Innovation and the End of Moore's Law and all other mythologies on the never ending progress of a science that has mostly ended discovering and has mostly peaked.

And of course, this may be because mathematics may always be simply a rough approximation of something that is infinitely deep and detached from our possibility of understanding, etc.

And in fact most of the really important and new theories will be composed of ideas and concepts and sentences without any use of mathematics, just like the theory of Natural Evolution, the application of mathematics would render all of the new science less precise, less correct, more false, mathematics would lead the theory to actually be less precise, less accurate, less true and such. And we will have trillions of new theories made up of concepts and symbols and complex relationships and arrangements of symbols and new inventions of new words etc. And even new comic book mathematics that are complex and weird and crazy and such.

Of course, I may be wrong and some "New Mathematics" (or better still some New Way of Formatting and Manipulating the Corresponding Associated Symbols Assigned to Chunks of Reality) may actually make us solve the three body problem, solve all of the differential equations that don't have exact analytical solutions, solve how to predict the shape of the next cloud precisely and such. I doubt it though, I am waiting, and most of all I think that it would be useless anyways, since the future of Science and Technology is in the path of inventing new Worlds, inventing new Minds and Brains, Inventing New Laws of Physics, not discovering what some random nature gave us just for the heck of it, we must create our reality, invent how it works, not discover how it works.

And even LOGIC HAS PEAKED, be crazy invent new sciences everyday, invent the craziest things, who cares if it is true or false...

l’imagination au pouvoir. Immaginazione al Potere. Power to Imagination, or may Imagination have all of the Power...


NUMBER 8
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby nameta9 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am

In any case, Mathematics is Overrated: just because you have a bunch of formulas and models really doesn't mean much, it is just narcistic: most real world applications and calcuations rarely use such of the complex math and formulas and analytical solutions to equations and such, much real world operating is very down to the ground, very rough calculations stuff, sometimes with computers and Numerical methods to be more precise and such.

The Myth of mathematics, the overrating of mathematics comes from the idea that a few simple procedures and formulas can let you be on top of many different complex phenomena and predict them and such: and so it is up to a point and so it has been in the last 200 years, a lot of great discoveries and instruments, but this has peaked now, it is mostly over, very little new great formulas like Maxwell Equations and such will ever be discovered again, you can discover Maxwell Equations and how to apply them (always partially, and always with approximations and even there most of the time there are no analytical solutions to the differential equations to things that practically really count in engineering and such and you always have to revert back to Numerical Methods and such) only once, once in a million years.

Science is a short story, most of it has been told and concluded in the last 200 years, there will be very little new really great discoveries, now we must invent new discoveries, force them, create them, falsify reality, create new worlds and brains and thought systems and brain machines, etc.
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:31 am

Are you in a field of work where you have to rely on mathematics somewhat, and which made you arrive at the conclusion in your op?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ


Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20087
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby captaincrunk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 am

nameta9 wrote:Science is a short story, most of it has been told and concluded in the last 200 years, there will be very little new really great discoveries, now we must invent new discoveries, force them, create them, falsify reality, create new worlds and brains and thought systems and brain machines, etc.

Spoken like a fish in a puddle in regards to the waters of the world.
captaincrunk
BANNED
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Oughtist » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 am

captaincrunk wrote:
nameta9 wrote:Science is a short story, most of it has been told and concluded in the last 200 years, there will be very little new really great discoveries, now we must invent new discoveries, force them, create them, falsify reality, create new worlds and brains and thought systems and brain machines, etc.

Spoken like a fish in a puddle in regards to the waters of the world.


A fish in a puddle breathes a rarified mud.
Things are apparent.
User avatar
Oughtist
Para-philosopher
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Epiphoneminal Max

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby nameta9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Magsj wrote:Are you in a field of work where you have to rely on mathematics somewhat, and which made you arrive at the conclusion in your op?


In the past, yes, Electronics and others, and I know some Physics and such, etc. Just follow the Supercomputers improving and notice no real great breakthrough anymore (top500 org). I may be wrong, since the field is vast and many engineering subfields and such, but all and all, I have a strong gut feeling that it is over and done with, the 20th century Great Leap Forward is over, now we have to change our Brains, Put engines in our Brains, Brains with Pistons and Turbines and Gasoline and All Crazy Gears Inside, put valves and circuits and machines and complex crazy machines in Solid State Brains, Planet Size Brains made of Iron and Steel with Nuclear Reactors inside Our Mind doing all kinds of Groovy Stuff...

THE APE STAR, THE APE TURD, THE 8 MEN....
nameta9
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:42 am

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I agree with at least the fact that the thesis of the OP is proposed. Not being a mathematician I can't say with certainty that its correct, but mathematics, by the nature of the abstraction of values it relies on, does not appear to have the ontological scope, because its premises do not have the epistemic depth, to describe more than simple, suborganic systems. In order to describe further, man would need a method that roots constantly in the subject it is describing.

To this end we may use the logic we've been working on here -- "value ontology" - a logic based on the nature of the concept value and its logical implication. Recognizing and discerning value is of course a root requirement not only of logical formulations, but of all beings. It is necessary to draw logic deeper into the concept from which it derives, and open it up in directions dictated by this root concept instead of by the optimistic speculation that by quantizing we can calculate all relations of qualities.

Value logic has not yet been made into a system of axioms from which models can be built, but it serves beautifully to analytically root any sort of system or entity in its origin, and designate the conditions for its existence and the hierarchy of priorities for its functioning, etc - in short things that get too complicated for a "flat system" such as mathematics, where the accuracy of all steps relies on the possibility of abstraction of what is investigated.

Mathematics relies on the trust that existence can be quantized in isolated bits. In general, logic tends to rely on this trust. Value ontology does not, as its arguments start with the origin of the value - the valuer, the hub of the (any) system in which the values are determined as values.

In short, the logic adds a dimension of depth to the existing field of possible relation-constructs, "formulas".
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

FC, that link isn't working for me.

I have personally extended mathematics far beyond Georg Cantor's work to include many of the concerns dealing with cardinals of infinities. So I know without question that formal mathematics hasn't actually peaked.

The Pharaohs forbade the general populous from learning reading and writing. The purpose was simply to keep them down so as to keep the Pharaoh on top. Mathematics is along the same lines as reading and writing in that it provides not merely a means of communication, but of precision. But why would we want the populous to have such means of self actualization and defense? Isn't it wiser to ensure that the populous be dependent upon the Pharaoh in all things?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 pm

But mathematics relies on the implications of the original axioms. as far as I know these do not permit a variable of the epistemic pureness of the abstractions. If it does, it would only require an extra variable, which is a set of entropic 'noise' - a 'random' factor that is never actually random because the unknowns are always in part filled in by the specific particular terms that the situation in which the calculation applies provides.

Logic-in-time, I would call this -
and it relies always on an 'uncertainty principle' that is, in and only in case of a calculation, always certain in effect, and always uncertain in origin.

For this logic to work man would have to rely on non-exact language, and define his real world values into exacting formulations.

- the link is fixed.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:But mathematics relies on the implications of the original axioms.

The mathematics doesn't. Your use of it will. Mathematics is based on definitional logic. It is up to you to accurately apply the defined entities to your experience. Just because every apple isn't identical, doesn't mean each isn't still an apple with known qualities. Value is usefulness, ensuring that your tomorrow is more ensured by what you do today. It is useful to know that merely 100/100 apples a day will save you from your doctor tomorrow.

Fixed Cross wrote:as far as I know these do not permit a variable of the epistemic pureness of the abstractions. If it does, it would only require an extra variable, which is a set of entropic 'noise' - a 'random' factor that is never actually random because the unknowns are always in part filled in by the specific particular terms that the situation in which the calculation applies provides.

Do you think they had to know ahead of time the perfectly exact number of people that would be killed by dropping the bomb?
Enough probability is all you need. Exact perfection is for the philosopher, not the utilitarian or emperor.

Fixed Cross wrote:Logic-in-time, I would call this -
and it relies always on an 'uncertainty principle' that is, in and only in case of a calculation, always certain in effect, and always uncertain in origin.

The Uncertainty Principle, like Relativity, only applies to observational science, not the mathematics of strategic analysis.

Fixed Cross wrote:For this logic to work man would have to rely on non-exact language, and define his real world values into exacting formulations.

Man is not God.
And God never asked for him to be.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:But mathematics relies on the implications of the original axioms.

The mathematics doesn't. Your use of it will. Mathematics is based on definitional logic.

Even definitional logic is dependent on irreducible assumptions, such as the law of identity, which is a force-feeding of fiction (in this case abstraction) into existence.

It is up to you to accurately apply the defined entities to your experience. Just because every apple isn't identical, doesn't mean each isn't still an apple with known qualities. Value is usefulness, ensuring that your tomorrow is more ensured by what you do today. It is useful to know that merely 100/100 apples a day will save you from your doctor tomorrow.

Value is not only usefulness, it is the very perceptibility of a substance to the subject. it is the rudimentary identities of the (things that make up the) world, prior to any logical equations involving abstractions of them.

Fixed Cross wrote:as far as I know these do not permit a variable of the epistemic pureness of the abstractions. If it does, it would only require an extra variable, which is a set of entropic 'noise' - a 'random' factor that is never actually random because the unknowns are always in part filled in by the specific particular terms that the situation in which the calculation applies provides.

Do you think they had to know ahead of time the perfectly exact number of people that would be killed by dropping the bomb?
Enough probability is all you need. Exact perfection is for the philosopher, not the utilitarian or emperor.

Mathematics as it exists now is perfectly adequate to destroy people, cities or the entire planet, whichever is the choice of the day. But this is not a goal I value very much.

Fixed Cross wrote:Logic-in-time, I would call this -
and it relies always on an 'uncertainty principle' that is, in and only in case of a calculation, always certain in effect, and always uncertain in origin.

The Uncertainty Principle, like Relativity, only applies to observational science, not the mathematics of strategic analysis.

It applies to real-world situations. But it has not yet been made into an agent of construction. Science has not realized the potential in this "noise" - does not know that when it is given its proper position in an equation designed to make things grow (such as economies, wealth, or happiness) it will provide the material for this growth automatically.

Purely abstract mathematics carries the seed of destruction, as it is detached from the natural processes in which to every entity there are more unknowns than knowns. The quest to define everything is the same quest as the one to level, reduce everything.

Fixed Cross wrote:For this logic to work man would have to rely on non-exact language, and define his real world values into exacting formulations.

Man is not God.
And God never asked for him to be.

I feel this is a comment I might address to you, rather than the other way around. I mean for man to be a self-respecting entity that has no requirement of God.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:But mathematics relies on the implications of the original axioms.

The mathematics doesn't. Your use of it will. Mathematics is based on definitional logic.

Even definitional logic is dependent on irreducible assumptions, such as the law of identity, which is a force-feeding of fiction (in this case abstraction) into existence.

No. It is entirely dependent upon definitions, defined concepts. Those concepts might turn out to be useful. They might not. The use of your concepts is up to you and your situation.

Fixed Cross wrote:Value is not only usefulness, it is the very perceptibility of a substance to the subject. it is the rudimentary identities of the (things that make up the) world, prior to any logical equations involving abstractions of them.

..and that is "only usefulness".

Fixed Cross wrote:Mathematics as it exists now is perfectly adequate to destroy people, cities or the entire planet, whichever is the choice of the day. But this is not a goal I value very much.

What you value, is your choice.

Fixed Cross wrote:Science has not realized the potential in this "noise" - does not know that when it is given its proper position in an equation designed to make things grow (such as economies, wealth, or happiness) it will provide the material for this growth automatically.

They are trying. But what they choose to value, isn't what you choose to value.

Fixed Cross wrote:Purely abstract mathematics carries the seed of destruction, as it is detached from the natural processes in which to every entity there are more unknowns than knowns. The quest to define everything is the same quest as the one to level, reduce everything.

Every tool "carries the seed of destruction". Again, fertilizing and nourishing that seed is anyone's choice.

Fixed Cross wrote:I mean for man to be a self-respecting entity that has no requirement of God.

What is, is what is... "self-respecting entity" or no.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:44 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Even definitional logic is dependent on irreducible assumptions, such as the law of identity, which is a force-feeding of fiction (in this case abstraction) into existence.

No. It is entirely dependent upon definitions, defined concepts. Those concepts might turn out to be useful. They might not. The use of your concepts is up to you and your situation.

But defined concepts are, as far as I'm aware, dependent on the law of identity. Are they not? If not, can you give me an example of a definition not dependent on it?

Fixed Cross wrote:Value is not only usefulness, it is the very perceptibility of a substance to the subject. it is the rudimentary identities of the (things that make up the) world, prior to any logical equations involving abstractions of them.

..and that is "only usefulness".

I object to the simplifying effect of the term, but ultimately this is true, as indeed we only recognize things in some way in which they are useful to us, in which we can apply them to our being.

Fixed Cross wrote:Mathematics as it exists now is perfectly adequate to destroy people, cities or the entire planet, whichever is the choice of the day. But this is not a goal I value very much.

What you value, is your choice.

Yet I can't make that choice, it is prefixed in what I am. In my way of valuing, of standing in the world.

Fixed Cross wrote:Science has not realized the potential in this "noise" - does not know that when it is given its proper position in an equation designed to make things grow (such as economies, wealth, or happiness) it will provide the material for this growth automatically.

They are trying. But what they choose to value, isn't what you choose to value.

I know they are trying and failing. Because they do not have this additional dimension.
Calculations depart from the wrong certainties, integers. The root of the calculations is effected by their outcome. They do not know how to make premises that allow them to set goals in terms of fixed, set premises. They do not yet work with a realistic conception opf values.

It's still all a game, where "value" is sort of arbitrary.
Man is just playing games, he has no idea what he really wants to accomplish.
It's a surreally limited and claustrophobic world, the modern intellect.

Fixed Cross wrote:Purely abstract mathematics carries the seed of destruction, as it is detached from the natural processes in which to every entity there are more unknowns than knowns. The quest to define everything is the same quest as the one to level, reduce everything.

Every tool "carries the seed of destruction". Again, fertilizing and nourishing that seed is anyone's choice.

What is the seed of destruction carried by value ontology?

Fixed Cross wrote:I mean for man to be a self-respecting entity that has no requirement of God.

What is, is what is... "self-respecting entity" or no.

Yes, what is, is - self respecting entity or entity requiring the god- or objectivity-concept for its self-image.
What has been presented under the guise of God has always in part been useful and in part useless and an obstruction.
As of the useless myth is shed, the useful understanding remains, and the idea of objectivity is dissolved into the subjects certainty of his proper course of action, his true "ontology".
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:But defined concepts are, as far as I'm aware, dependent on the law of identity. Are they not? If not, can you give me an example of a definition not dependent on it?

ALL thought is dependent upon the "Law of Identity"... ALL thought.
If you think not, try to give me an example of one that doesn't.

Fixed Cross wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Value is not only usefulness, it is the very perceptibility of a substance to the subject. it is the rudimentary identities of the (things that make up the) world, prior to any logical equations involving abstractions of them.

..and that is "only usefulness".

I object to the simplifying effect of the term, but ultimately this is true, as indeed we only recognize things in some way in which they are useful to us, in which we can apply them to our being.

Well, my intent was not to simplify to the point of thinking that our cognitively derived assessment of usefulness is the only aspect involved. Things have usefulness/value that go entirely unseen by the conscious mind.

Fixed Cross wrote:
What you value, is your choice.

Yet I can't make that choice, it is prefixed in what I am. In my way of valuing, of standing in the world.

Your brain is "prefixed" or "prewired" specifically to make choices. That is its only function.
The cognitive mind is designed in such a way as to have to form an entire ontology of what is real on its own. From that ontology, it can then weigh-in on the more instinctive assessments of what is valuable. Your mind always has 2 independent views of the world; what it senses and what it cognitively realizes. It is also prewired to attempt to weight those together without giving either total control (unlike your governments).

Fixed Cross wrote:Calculations depart from the wrong certainties, integers. The root of the calculations is effected by their outcome.

I don't think that I follow that...?

Fixed Cross wrote:They do not know how to make premises that allow them to set goals in terms of fixed, set premises. They do not yet work with a realistic conception of values.

It's still all a game, where "value" is sort of arbitrary.
Man is just playing games, he has no idea what he really wants to accomplish.
It's a surreally limited and claustrophobic world, the modern intellect.

I agree, but what does that have to do with mathematics.. merely a single tool of thought?

Fixed Cross wrote:What is the seed of destruction carried by value ontology?

It's misuse, just as with any other. surely you don't think it can't be misunderstood and misused? Man has no greater expertise.

Fixed Cross wrote:Yes, what is, is - self respecting entity or entity requiring the god- or objectivity-concept for its self-image.
What has been presented under the guise of God has always in part been useful and in part useless and an obstruction.
As of the useless myth is shed, the useful understanding remains, and the idea of objectivity is dissolved into the subjects certainty of his proper course of action, his true "ontology".

So you are an advocate of the RR - the "Right Religion"?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm

The serious question is, "Why do you want to take away from the common people, a tool that helps them clarify (through simplification) their situation?". Those who use mathematics to rule over you, certainly will not give it up, despite anything you say. So you are merely encouraging those who do not rule to give up any hope of seeing clearly their situation from a mathematical perspective.

Granted that mathematics often leads to over-simplification, as do all thoughts. But to remove something that points out mistakes in thought more than it adds to mistakes, is simply an effort to encourage moronic thought, the lack of clear thought. Is enforcing your domination your goal? Why else would you encourage people to not use the tools of thought, to not think clearly of the consequences of their actions?

Language is obfuscated and confused for sake of dominance. Mathematics is obfuscated and confused for sake of dominance. Why are you enthusiastic about being dominated?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:But defined concepts are, as far as I'm aware, dependent on the law of identity. Are they not? If not, can you give me an example of a definition not dependent on it?

ALL thought is dependent upon the "Law of Identity"... ALL thought.

Well, no - if we refuse to abstract further than our impression of some occurrence, if we do not generalize it and categorize it as an "A", then the law of identity does not apply. We do not always need to fully abstract an experience to keep it in our mind. I am suggesting that there is another way of relating impression than direct and total abstraction. It is done in occultism.

Fixed Cross wrote:
I object to the simplifying effect of the term, but ultimately this is true, as indeed we only recognize things in some way in which they are useful to us, in which we can apply them to our being.

Well, my intent was not to simplify to the point of thinking that our cognitively derived assessment of usefulness is the only aspect involved. Things have usefulness/value that go entirely unseen by the conscious mind.

We agree here.

Fixed Cross wrote:
Yet I can't make that choice, it is prefixed in what I am. In my way of valuing, of standing in the world.

Your brain is "prefixed" or "prewired" specifically to make choices. That is its only function.
The cognitive mind is designed in such a way as to have to form an entire ontology of what is real on its own. From that ontology, it can then weigh-in on the more instinctive assessments of what is valuable. Your mind always has 2 independent views of the world; what it senses and what it cognitively realizes. It is also prewired to attempt to weight those together without giving either total control (unlike your governments).

Ultimately, the two should be brought as close together as possible.
Many occult techniques are aimed at facilitating this.
What is required is to expand the ways in which we can think, represent impressions without fully conceptualizing them.

Fixed Cross wrote:Calculations depart from the wrong certainties, integers. The root of the calculations is effected by their outcome.

I don't think that I follow that...?

It's a bit vague. I'm not acutally sure that what I was trying to say here is correct, so never mind this one.

Fixed Cross wrote:They do not know how to make premises that allow them to set goals in terms of fixed, set premises. They do not yet work with a realistic conception of values.

It's still all a game, where "value" is sort of arbitrary.
Man is just playing games, he has no idea what he really wants to accomplish.
It's a surreally limited and claustrophobic world, the modern intellect.

I agree, but what does that have to do with mathematics.. merely a single tool of thought?

Nothing per se, only with its role in current planning and system making.

Fixed Cross wrote:What is the seed of destruction carried by value ontology?

It's misuse, just as with any other. surely you don't think it can't be misunderstood and misused? Man has no greater expertise.

I really have a hard time seeing how this can be misused in the way science can be misused.
Not that I deny that it can be, it's just not as easy to imagine.

Fixed Cross wrote:Yes, what is, is - self respecting entity or entity requiring the god- or objectivity-concept for its self-image.
What has been presented under the guise of God has always in part been useful and in part useless and an obstruction.
As of the useless myth is shed, the useful understanding remains, and the idea of objectivity is dissolved into the subjects certainty of his proper course of action, his true "ontology".

So you are an advocate of the RR - the "Right Religion"?

For individuals, I would be. My point here is that once an individual establishes his self-valuing as a standard, he is capable of having an ethos derive from himself.
Do you think that one "Right Religion" applies to all humans? If so, does that not presuppose that all humans are equal?

James S Saint wrote:The serious question is, "Why do you want to take away from the common people, a tool that helps them clarify (through simplification) their situation?". Those who use mathematics to rule over you, certainly will not give it up, despite anything you say. So you are merely encouraging those who do not rule to give up any hope of seeing clearly their situation from a mathematical perspective.

I never meant to say that mathematics should be removed or replaced - that would be insane.
I mean that it can really use a nudge in a new direction, and I think valuer ontology may be the/a kay to make this possible, as it introduces a whole new type of constancy on which calculations can be oriented.

Granted that mathematics often leads to over-simplification, as do all thoughts. But to remove something that points out mistakes in thought more than it adds to mistakes, is simply an effort to encourage moronic thought, the lack of clear thought. Is enforcing your domination your goal? Why else would you encourage people to not use the tools of thought, to not think clearly of the consequences of their actions?

If anything I want people to position themselves in their calculations in a proper way, that does justice to what they are.

Language is obfuscated and confused for sake of dominance. Mathematics is obfuscated and confused for sake of dominance. Why are you enthusiastic about being dominated?

I am not dominated by such means, I can usually see through how a system is used into what it is meant for/capable of. And I am not enthusiastic about the ways in which I am dominated - the growing state apparatus.
But I refuse to focus all my mental efforts on the dominating factors, as I see plenty of potential for improvement on the horizon that needs all the hands it can get to grow to maturity, reality.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:But defined concepts are, as far as I'm aware, dependent on the law of identity. Are they not? If not, can you give me an example of a definition not dependent on it?

ALL thought is dependent upon the "Law of Identity"... ALL thought.

Well, no - if we refuse to abstract further than our impression of some occurrence, if we do not generalize it and categorize it as an "A", then the law of identity does not apply. We do not always need to fully abstract an experience to keep it in our mind. I am suggesting that there is another way of relating impression than direct and total abstraction. It is done in occultism.

Nothing you could call an experience can occur without the Law of Identity. Literally your eyes and ears would not function. You couldn't locate or identify anything. Your memory couldn't function at all. Your "experience" would sum up to be no more than varying degrees of white noise. But you wouldn't even be able to know that. The mind could not exist at all. You would be a vegetable.

Fixed Cross wrote:Ultimately, the two should be brought as close together as possible.
Many occult techniques are aimed at facilitating this.

Most occult "things" are aimed at eliminating that.

Fixed Cross wrote:I really have a hard time seeing how this can be misused in the way science can be misused.
Not that I deny that it can be, it's just not as easy to imagine.

They call it Nietzschean - "pure MEism".

Fixed Cross wrote:Do you think that one "Right Religion" applies to all humans?

It wouldn't be "Right" if it didn't.
Fixed Cross wrote:If so, does that not presuppose that all humans are equal?

It wouldn't be "Right" if it did.

Fixed Cross wrote:I never meant to say that mathematics should be removed or replaced - that would be insane.
I mean that it can really use a nudge in a new direction, and I think valuer ontology may be the/a key to make this possible, as it introduces a whole new type of constancy on which calculations can be oriented.

I can see how math can be applied to VO, but I can't see how VO offers any change in mathematics.
As I explained to Eugene;
James S Saint wrote:Of course in the real spacetime, you have to consider the infinite directions involved which is why I had to augment formal mathematics to include the cardinalities of infinity which exceeds the mathematics of Einstein's time. Georg Cantor didn't think it through all the way. But I don't want to try to walk you through the Mathematics of Cardinalities of Infinity.

RM steps into your VO, from the ground upward. But I don't see how VO has anything to do with any new perspective of mathematics. Mathematics is all about counting and proportions. The recent (occult) social agenda relates to removing those thoughts and abilities ("the domination"), "abstract thought is taboo".

Fixed Cross wrote:If anything I want people to position themselves in their calculations in a proper way, that does justice to what they are.

On that we agree also. But they DO need mathematics to do that on a conscious level so as to extend their instinctive level (the very purpose of the cognitive mind).

Fixed Cross wrote:But I refuse to focus all my mental efforts on the dominating factors, as I see plenty of potential for improvement on the horizon that needs all the hands it can get to grow to maturity, reality.

Know thy enemy.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:45 pm

James S Saint wrote:Nothing you could call an experience can occur without the Law of Identity. Literally your eyes and ears would not function. You couldn't locate or identify anything. Your memory couldn't function at all. Your "experience" would sum up to be no more than varying degrees of white noise. But you wouldn't even be able to know that. The mind could not exist at all. You would be a vegetable.

I see what you mean but that's stretching the law of identity to the non abstract, non lingual. And it seems that even a vegetable has need of what you describe.

Fixed Cross wrote:Ultimately, the two should be brought as close together as possible.
Many occult techniques are aimed at facilitating this.

Most occult "things" are aimed at eliminating that.

We're not on equal terms concenring the word occult. But again I see what you mean.

Fixed Cross wrote:I really have a hard time seeing how this can be misused in the way science can be misused.
Not that I deny that it can be, it's just not as easy to imagine.

They call it Nietzschean - "pure MEism".

I have to disagree there - Nietzsche certainly has been misused in this way, also because his logic wasn't complete. Value Ontology is functional as a remedy for this misuse, a missing element in the logic - allowing for a more accurate, natural definition of this "me"; defining it in such a way that we can see (roughly at this point) what it requires to thrive. It does not make for an incentive to isolate, it shows that one can never isolate oneself more than one already is, and that this isolation requires a place in a contexct.

Fixed Cross wrote:Do you think that one "Right Religion" applies to all humans?

It wouldn't be "Right" if it didn't.

Value ontology applies to all beings, but we haven't forged a legislation or code of conduct from it, not only because that is extremely difficult but also because it is conflicting with the main premise, which has it that all self-valuings produce their own ethics as a function of their being. The idea is that we facilitate beings in refining those ethics into proper systems, so that in between entities that are in contact with each other there can be an actively, rationally sustained consensus.

Fixed Cross wrote:If so, does that not presuppose that all humans are equal?

It wouldn't be "Right" if it did.

Right, so how does one go about formulating such a religion?
What I hate about religions in general is that they make claims to all Earthlings, all souls. I would instinctively object to any religion just on those grounds.

Fixed Cross wrote:I never meant to say that mathematics should be removed or replaced - that would be insane.
I mean that it can really use a nudge in a new direction, and I think valuer ontology may be the/a key to make this possible, as it introduces a whole new type of constancy on which calculations can be oriented.

I can see how math can be applied to VO, but I can't see how VO offers any change in mathematics.

It provides instructions on where and how to apply the mathematics, from which data one can formulate departure points, as well as a basic type of variable-flexibility.

The application of math to VO does something to the nature of the mathematics - but it does not undermine any of its existing laws. If anything it adds new restrictions, new 'resistance' so to speak so that more reliable susbtance can be produced from it.

I realize this is all quite vague. I don't want to get in over my head as I am no mathematician.

As I explained to Eugene;
James S Saint wrote:Of course in the real spacetime, you have to consider the infinite directions involved which is why I had to augment formal mathematics to include the cardinalities of infinity which exceeds the mathematics of Einstein's time. Georg Cantor didn't think it through all the way. But I don't want to try to walk you through the Mathematics of Cardinalities of Infinity.

RM steps into your VO, from the ground upward. But I don't see how VO has anything to do with any new perspective of mathematics. Mathematics is all about counting and proportions. The recent (occult) social agenda relates to removing those thoughts and abilities ("the domination"), "abstract thought is taboo".

I see that happening too. Like when Gobbo posted a video about the Earth being flat, and said he saw no reason to disbelieve in it. The message was basically - science is conjured up by evil people, don't believe it.

Fixed Cross wrote:If anything I want people to position themselves in their calculations in a proper way, that does justice to what they are.

On that we agree also. But they DO need mathematics to do that on a conscious level so as to extend their instinctive level (the very purpose of the cognitive mind).

Yes, basic mathematics, abstract logic, is necessary to establish a course in line with observations.

Fixed Cross wrote:But I refuse to focus all my mental efforts on the dominating factors, as I see plenty of potential for improvement on the horizon that needs all the hands it can get to grow to maturity, reality.

Know thy enemy.

To a point, beyond which this begins to apply:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I'd say: when one sufficiently realizes what the enemy is, what it's effects are, dissolve the focus on it. Keep it in mind but don't press it. History is full of examples of noble resistance that turned into oppression, because it had understood and made its own too much of its enemy.

I think we all instinctively resist understanding too much of what we are not. We keep from incorporating ''evil'' logics. I did not heed this instinct for some years, and that honesty almost killed me.

But then, it didn't, so it made me stronger.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:I see what you mean but that's stretching the law of identity to the non abstract, non lingual. And it seems that even a vegetable has need of what you describe.

I was referring strictly to the construct of any mind. I am not aware of anything one could justly call a mind in veggies.

Fixed Cross wrote:We're not on equal terms concenring the word occult.

Yes. The unseen is the adversary of all living things.
That is why you have eyes, ears, noise, touch, taste... and a mind with which to see what cannot be sensed.

Fixed Cross wrote:I have to disagree there - Nietzsche certainly has been misused in this way, also because his logic wasn't complete. Value Ontology is functional as a remedy for this misuse, a missing element in the logic - allowing for a more accurate, natural definition of this "me"; defining it in such a way that we can see (roughly at this point) what it requires to thrive. It does not make for an incentive to isolate, it shows that one can never isolate oneself more than one already is, and that this isolation requires a place in a contexct.

You just pointed out exactly how it can be "misused"... and WILL be.
Man knows nothing to the extreme that he knows how to misuse what he is given.

Fixed Cross wrote:Value ontology applies to all beings, but we haven't forged a legislation or code of conduct from it, not only because that is extremely difficult but also because it is conflicting with the main premise, which has it that all self-valuings produce their own ethics as a function of their being. The idea is that we facilitate beings in refining those ethics into proper systems, so that in between entities that are in contact with each other there can be an actively, rationally sustained consensus.

..sounds like a religion ("ethics into proper systems") and morality system to me.
Moral => "all self-valuings produce their own ethics"

Don't think that religion means "all people shall always do exactly thus and so at all time or else."
Religion means that all people involved have a common understanding of how they can conduct their lives in harmony with each other.
That is a very different perspective than "all shall do as told".
Of course if they are told to "produce their own ethics [by some means such as VO]", then the two perspectives become one.

Fixed Cross wrote:Right, so how does one go about formulating such a religion?
What I hate about religions in general is that they make claims to all Earthlings, all souls. I would instinctively object to any religion just on those grounds.

Emmm.. such a statement immediately coming from someone who just said, "Value ontology applies to all beings"..? :-k
Forming a religion is child's play.
Ensuring it is the Right Religion, is the challenge.

Fixed Cross wrote:It [VO] provides instructions on where and how to apply the mathematics, from which data one can formulate departure points, as well as a basic type of variable-flexibility.

The application of math to VO does something to the nature of the mathematics - but it does not undermine any of its existing laws. If anything it adds new restrictions, new 'resistance' so to speak so that more reliable susbtance can be produced from it.

I might have to see that.

Fixed Cross wrote:To a point, beyond which I honestly think that this Nietzschean phrase begins to apply:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Fair enough..
..just know that "point"...
.. and how do you know the location of a point between A and B until you know both A and B? :wink:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:I see what you mean but that's stretching the law of identity to the non abstract, non lingual. And it seems that even a vegetable has need of what you describe.

I was referring strictly to the construct of any mind. I am not aware of anything one could justly call a mind in veggies.

I'd ask for a definition of mind, but I realize it may then be 'the faculty that allows for the law of identity'. Might we phrase it like that?

Fixed Cross wrote:We're not on equal terms concenring the word occult.

Yes. The unseen is the adversary of all living things.
That is why you have eyes, ears, noise, touch, taste... and a mind with which to see what cannot be sensed.

An occult act, as what it means to me, is a creation of a thought-form that except by experience of it in the terms of ones subjective being, can not be identified, has because of its subjective context no sufficient definition by which to communicate it. It can only be approximated through "poetry" in the etymological meaning of the word, from the greek verb poein, to make.

The creation of a new symbol for a new power "from scratch" - from only subjective purpose, energy, and structural necessity in a unique time-space context.

In a very basic simplification, I am saying that geometry precedes algebra, and algebra gives form to the law of identity, to the consciousness of the mind, where geometry directly gives form to energy, and is operative in every being.
Yes, any geometrical (natural, possible) structure can only be identified using the law of identity (self-evidently), but it does not need to be identified to be used in the plant, or in the occult.. well, mind.

Fixed Cross wrote:I have to disagree there - Nietzsche certainly has been misused in this way, also because his logic wasn't complete. Value Ontology is functional as a remedy for this misuse, a missing element in the logic - allowing for a more accurate, natural definition of this "me"; defining it in such a way that we can see (roughly at this point) what it requires to thrive. It does not make for an incentive to isolate, it shows that one can never isolate oneself more than one already is, and that this isolation requires a place in a contexct.

You just pointed out exactly how it can be "misused"... and WILL be.
Man knows nothing to the extreme that he knows how to misuse what he is given.

Because no concept so far was totally fitted to his mind. What he has been given were concepts that were in part requiring factors outside of the field of potential of his own mind to properly work. We relied on objectivism.
The logic deriving from value ontology prevents 'metaphysical bridges between a known and an unknown integer'.
We can not arrive at truths, they must emerge in approximation.
An asymptotic logic, where the outcome is known to be unknown, but gets closer to identification along the way of its consequences - a purely and directly functional mathematics. Maybe it's related to the sequence of prime numbers - given the indivisibility principle applicable to value ontology, I'd not be surprised.
I am not convincing anyone here, nor do I intend to for now.

Fixed Cross wrote:Value ontology applies to all beings, but we haven't forged a legislation or code of conduct from it, not only because that is extremely difficult but also because it is conflicting with the main premise, which has it that all self-valuings produce their own ethics as a function of their being. The idea is that we facilitate beings in refining those ethics into proper systems, so that in between entities that are in contact with each other there can be an actively, rationally sustained consensus.

..sounds like a religion ("ethics into proper systems") and morality system to me.
Moral => "all self-valuings produce their own ethics"

Don't think that religion means "all people shall always do exactly thus and so at all time or else."
Religion means that all people involved have a common understanding of how they can conduct their lives in harmony with each other.
That is a very different perspective than "all shall do as told".
Of course if they are told to "produce their own ethics [by some means such as VO]", then the two perspectives become one.

Valid points. Yes, in this it is a formula of everything.

Fixed Cross wrote:Right, so how does one go about formulating such a religion?
What I hate about religions in general is that they make claims to all Earthlings, all souls. I would instinctively object to any religion just on those grounds.

Emmm.. such a statement immediately coming from someone who just said, "Value ontology applies to all beings"..? :-k
Forming a religion is child's play.
Ensuring it is the Right Religion, is the challenge.

It's about as great a challenge we can realistically face, and by all existing standards unrealistic.

Fixed Cross wrote:It [VO] provides instructions on where and how to apply the mathematics, from which data one can formulate departure points, as well as a basic type of variable-flexibility.

The application of math to VO does something to the nature of the mathematics - but it does not undermine any of its existing laws. If anything it adds new restrictions, new 'resistance' so to speak so that more reliable susbtance can be produced from it.

I might have to see that.

Naturally -
Perhaps you can use your threshold of affectance-in/outflux as a metaphor - not all variables are permitted into the formula, not is every output allowed. Only in some cases (cases of value) the formula operates and produces result.

Extremely tentative, it's not often I admit to that because it's not often I speak out on mathematics, a subject for which I have the gravest respect. I just notice that mathematicians generally are idealists, but lack philosophical training, so they can not 'ground' their clarity, in order to initiate idealistic world-construction.

Fixed Cross wrote:To a point, beyond which I honestly think that this Nietzschean phrase begins to apply:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Fair enough..
..just know that "point"...
.. and how do you know the location of a point between A and B until you know both A and B? :wink:

Pain, disintegration, "possession" -...
Let me add that my violent objection to antisemitism is result of having seen too deep into the eyes of the will to power.
It may not in all cases be rational - but I know now that my most basic value is on the line - Mercy.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:I'd ask for a definition of mind, but I realize it may then be 'the faculty that allows for the law of identity'. Might we phrase it like that?

In this case; "a mechanism with which to predict."

Fixed Cross wrote:An occult act, as what it means to me, is a creation of a thought-form that except by experience of it in the terms of ones subjective being, can not be identified, has because of its subjective context no sufficient definition by which to communicate it. It can only be approximated through "poetry" in the etymological meaning of the word, from the greek verb poein, to make.

"Occult" means a hidden/secret culture from "ocularis cultura"; Cabal, Homeland Security, Satanism, Magi, Ahdam and Eve...
You are thinking of "cultism" or the development of a culture, a modality of thought, a "mindset".

Fixed Cross wrote:It's about as great a challenge we can realistically face, and by all existing standards unrealistic.

Not all standards.

Right Religion.jpg
Right Religion.jpg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 2043 times


Fixed Cross wrote:Let me add that my violent objection to antisemitism is result of having seen too deep into the eyes of the will to power.
It may not in all cases be rational - but I know now that my most basic value is on the line - Mercy.

Both what you hate and the cause of hating are fathered by Presumption.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:54 pm

What you mean is "black magic", which as its aim has personal power gain, and is irrational, antirational even.
Rational manifestation of occult method, or "white" magic, has as its aim to enlighten people into self-attained positions higher service, so that gradually darkness (presumption, confusion, dissociation, conflict, dishonesty, hatred) no longer holds sway in mass decisions.

The beauty of it is not the service itself but the requirements it makes of the adept - that he learn to see and eventually also think in terms of energy. He no longer needs language, Babel, to form his ideas - there is not a single lineair logic to them, but a symmetry - to put this in word is something few occultists have managed. This is of course why it remains such an obscure subject, and why the lower and the higher forms are not easy to distinguish from one another from the outside.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby James S Saint » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 pm

mag·ic (mjk)
n.
1. The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
2.
a. The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
b. The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
3. The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
4. A mysterious quality of enchantment: "For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past" (Max Beerbohm).
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or invoking the supernatural: "stubborn unlaid ghost/That breaks his magic chains at curfew time" (John Milton).
2. Possessing distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects.

"Black magic" == deception used for bad.
"White magic" == deception used for good.

If magic is your aim, deception is your game.
Enlightenment is never the goal, merely the carrot.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Mathematics Has Peaked

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Forget I mentioned it.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
real philosophy - rehab - tree of life serum
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10752
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships


Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users