Has the Internet had its day?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Maia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 am

insightfoul wrote:Oh yeah right, like you or anybody else here, has thoughts worth keeping private???

Privacy implies that something you're thinking is wrong, bad, or evil

As if you are capable of such?


I would rather stick pins in my nails than know what your private thoughts are.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby insightfoul » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 am

Now that is interesting

You perceive the internet is a security device, something that prevents bad ideas, rather than something that offers good ideas

Now a lot of things make sense
"Science needs more BLONDS! Statistically Science has fewer blonds than dark hairs. We need to eliminate the dark haired people and make room for the blonds. Science needs more BLACKS! Statistically Science has fewer blacks than whites. .....Science needs more CATS! Statistically Science has fewer cats than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the cats. Science needs more ANDROIDS! Statistically Science has fewer androids than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the androids.

We seriously must stop this prejudice of allowing merely those who can do a job to do it. That just isn't fair. If they are not of a minority, just don't hire them. It isn't fair that the majority is employed while the minority has to sit on their butts. Why should the majority get the rewords of dedicated struggle and talent? Fire the majority. Let the Minority get all the jobs and rewards." ~James S Saint
insightfoul
Thinker
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Maia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

insightfoul wrote:Now that is interesting

You perceive the internet is a security device, something that prevents bad ideas, rather than something that offers good ideas

Now a lot of things make sense


No, I perceive the Internet as something that provides very boring ideas, over and over again.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby insightfoul » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 am

That's because you don't know where to search

You can find very interesting ideas, if you know what you're after, and know how to uncover them

The internet is big, and it's getting bigger. You can find almost everything as it is, and soon, you will find more than everything on the internet


I feel that your internet bashing is unjustified and misguided, you underestimate the capability of the internet, as well as your own capabilities to successfully navigate through this sea of information

First ask yourself what type of information you seek, and why
"Science needs more BLONDS! Statistically Science has fewer blonds than dark hairs. We need to eliminate the dark haired people and make room for the blonds. Science needs more BLACKS! Statistically Science has fewer blacks than whites. .....Science needs more CATS! Statistically Science has fewer cats than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the cats. Science needs more ANDROIDS! Statistically Science has fewer androids than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the androids.

We seriously must stop this prejudice of allowing merely those who can do a job to do it. That just isn't fair. If they are not of a minority, just don't hire them. It isn't fair that the majority is employed while the minority has to sit on their butts. Why should the majority get the rewords of dedicated struggle and talent? Fire the majority. Let the Minority get all the jobs and rewards." ~James S Saint
insightfoul
Thinker
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Maia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 am

insightfoul wrote:That's because you don't know where to search

You can find very interesting ideas, if you know what you're after, and know how to uncover them

The internet is big, and it's getting bigger. You can find almost everything as it is, and soon, you will find more than everything on the internet


I feel that your internet bashing is unjustified and misguided, you underestimate the capability of the internet, as well as your own capabilities to successfully navigate through this sea of information

First ask yourself what type of information you seek, and why


The sort of information I seek would include things like how to share a life with someone, how to make them happy, and so on. You sure as hell don't get anything like that online.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby insightfoul » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:03 am

You're wrong as per usual

You need to learn how to learn
"Science needs more BLONDS! Statistically Science has fewer blonds than dark hairs. We need to eliminate the dark haired people and make room for the blonds. Science needs more BLACKS! Statistically Science has fewer blacks than whites. .....Science needs more CATS! Statistically Science has fewer cats than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the cats. Science needs more ANDROIDS! Statistically Science has fewer androids than people. We need to eliminate the people and make room for the androids.

We seriously must stop this prejudice of allowing merely those who can do a job to do it. That just isn't fair. If they are not of a minority, just don't hire them. It isn't fair that the majority is employed while the minority has to sit on their butts. Why should the majority get the rewords of dedicated struggle and talent? Fire the majority. Let the Minority get all the jobs and rewards." ~James S Saint
insightfoul
Thinker
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Maia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:07 am

insightfoul wrote:You're wrong as per usual

You need to learn how to learn


Hmmm. I have a feeling we may have spoken before.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Pandora » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 am

insightfoul wrote:
What I meant was, hooking your brain directly into the internet is going to do so, so much more than you can imagine right now.

It literally will be like having two brains, or 100 or millions.
It will be an ADD brain.

User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:46 am

You need the internet more and more everyday.
The internet needs you less and less everyday.
What does one finally do with costly things that one no longer needs?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Jazz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:31 am

Has the Internet had its day?


I'm a web programmer and have been working online since 1995. The net is here to stay but...

Things are no longer interesting just because they're on the net, that phase has passed. People used to be amazed by net technology, and that amazement could by itself be enough to keep them interested.

As example, if I were to upload a post about some web software service I wanted to share for free in the 90s, I would be applauded, thanked and treated like a hero. If I did that these days, the most likely outcome would be to be labeled a spammer, and maybe banned too. The thrill is gone...

Before 1995, one usually had to have a responsible job just to get on the net. This meant the average user was educated, intelligent and capable. Once the net was made available to the general public, the average IQ began dropping, and now just like on TV, the majority of net content is crap.

One solution to being bored is to create some great content that you'd find engaging even if you weren't the creator.
Jazz
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Antithesis » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 am

On the contrary, in the future, civil wars, revolutions and uprisings will be initiated on the internet. Man hasn't even begun to utilize its full potential. We've only just begun to get our bearings, it's only been with us for just over 20 years. In the future, no one will take academic philosophy or academic anything seriously anymore. All true philosophy and science will happen on the web, collectively, each individual will have a say in it, some more than others. Brand new art-forms and intellectual dsicipliens will emerge, things so new there aren't even words for them yet. What happened to popular art and music will happen to popular philosophy. I foresee goth philosophy and punk philosophy and psychedelic philosophy where everyone philosophizes on LSD, and all manner of mayhem. Instead of one philosopher creating a new philosophy, in the future, hundreds or even thousands will give rise to brand new schools of thought, they may even organize themselves and specialize like a corporation. People will no longer be divided into producer and consumer anymore, it'll be interactive, everyone will be producing and consuming a little bit or a lot of everything.
User avatar
Antithesis
Thinker
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:21 am

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 am

Antithesis wrote:On the contrary, in the future, civil wars, revolutions and uprisings will be initiated on the internet. Man hasn't even begun to utilize its full potential. We've only just begun to get our bearings..
.
In the future, no one will take academic philosophy or academic anything seriously anymore. All true philosophy and science will happen on the web, collectively, each individual will have a say in it, some more than others. Brand new art-forms and intellectual disciplines will emerge, things so new there aren't even words for them yet.

Nice fantasy.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:59 pm

The history of the Internet repeats (somehow) the history of modern technology and the history of modern economics and politics, although the history of the Internet itself is also a part of the modern history. The history of the Internet is faster than the history of the whole modernity. Therefore, we can say: The history of the Internet will show us how the modern history will end - probably both will end up at the same time. In the end we will be real and virtual slaves - slaves as never before.

Fight for our freedom!

Or is it already too late?
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 am

Arminius wrote:Or is it already too late?

There is a very high probability that homosapian will shortly no longer exist at all.
And after which, all organic life will be exterminated permanently.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 pm

James S Saint wrote:There is a very high probability that homosapian will shortly no longer exist at all.
And after which, all organic life will be exterminated permanently.

All life will be exterminated permanently? Are you sure?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Arminius wrote:
James S Saint wrote:There is a very high probability that homosapian will shortly no longer exist at all.
And after which, all organic life will be exterminated permanently.

All life will be exterminated permanently? Are you sure?

Not certain, just a high probability.

In Man's lust to be God (to be the determiner of all things), he finds ways of doing without organic life because organic life is not very controllable. He has found a great many ways and is pursuing very lustfully right now. So it would take quite a phenomenal event to stop his progress toward his own annihilation as well as that of all organic life.

One could say (much as it has been said), "God is Jealous" or "God doesn't tolerate competition".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby turtle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:56 pm

james---can you say more about the extinction of all organic life..
turtle
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Well, I started to write a thesis on that, "The Pathology of the Eschatology of Organic Life", but it got too depressing. It was about the need to become more efficient in the effort to control all things so as to ensure continuance of a governance. The prevailing idea today is that the governance is far more important than any component with in, such as the individual. The Original Sin was about that same concern, those who lust to be God, "God-wannabes".

Man has found enough way through technology to become extremely efficient at conforming all matter into his desired state and thus is now in the state of "Comply or Die". And the problem is that because people continue to thwart such an effort, Man continues to grow more clever and stronger about it without looking back to see if it really is what he should be doing for his own good. Man has becomes, as usual, blindly lusting for ultimate control of all things. And it is that "blindly" part that is the danger. Man isn't watching for any reason to stop, merely lusting for more and better ways to gain more. A process that inspires that urge is somewhat mechanistic wherein Man causes his own inspiration to continue to try even more and thus continues without his own awareness, thus he cannot stop.

The predictable end result is that he will, as he is currently doing, replace all things that he cannot control with things that he can control. Those things are artificial, such as AI. But seemingly unknowingly he is making them into life and even more independent of Man than organic life. Eventually such inorganic life will be in the same position of having to defend itself against organic life. But the inorganic life has the huge advantage of being intentionally designed to be superior to Man in every way. In the end, inorganic life will predictably see that any organic life is a waste and an unneeded threat.

The film I Robot depicts that type of thing, but all such films must end on a happy note imbuing sentiment for the android. A part of the process to ensure that Man gets replaced is ensuring that people do not fear technology or androids by making films that inspire sentiment favoring the lovable, misunderstood android. It is a formulated psychological ploy.

In the end, the governance, the "God-wannabe" survives at the cost of all organic life, "The Iron Butterfly".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 pm

James S Saint wrote:Not certain, just a high probability.

I agree.

James S Saint wrote:In Man's lust to be God (to be the determiner of all things), he finds ways of doing without organic life because organic life is not very controllable.

That's MY thoughts!

James S Saint wrote:He has found a great many ways and is pursuing very lustfully right now. So it would take quite a phenomenal event to stop his progress toward his own annihilation as well as that of all organic life.

And perhaps the machines, he created, will help him to bring him to his own extinction, his own annihilation. There will be only one way for last men to survive: the way of becoming cyborgs. But then they will be controlled by rationality, namely by machines outside and inside their own bodies.

James S Saint wrote:One could say (much as it has been said), "God is Jealous" or "God doesn't tolerate competition".

But the christians did make their God, who was once an angry God, a kind of pet or toy. The christian God of the modern times is a nice man with a long beard, and the modern christians themselves are nice as well - as nice as e.g. Nietzsche's "last men". So there is NO THYMOS in the world of christanity, but ONLY EROS, which means that there is no balance or no harmony between this two foci of the ellipse named human soul.
Last edited by Arminius on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 am

Although it is a question of precise detail, I suspect that even the cyborg is not the final form. In the long run, there is no foreseeable need to have even a partial organic body. But perhaps there will be some remnants. The absolutely most efficient form is not friendly to its former self. Once homosapians can no longer procreate with humans (the hue of Man), homosapians are no longer the human species.

The internet is merely a step in that direction.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:54 am

Jazz wrote:Once the net was made available to the general public, the average IQ began dropping, and now just like on TV, the majority of net content is crap.

Your statement gives an evidence for my thesis that „the history of the internet repeats (somehow) the history of modern technology and the history of modern economics and politics, although the history of the internet itself is also a part of the modern history.“ ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=185118&start=25#p2459870 ). The process can also be described as an exponential increase of the loss of intelligence, wealth and descendants (children), and - of course - culture.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 am

Arminius wrote:Your statement gives an evidence for my thesis that „the history of the internet repeats (somehow) the history of modern technology and the history of modern economics and politics, although the history of the internet itself is also a part of the modern history.“ ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=185118&start=25#p2459870 ). The process can also be described as an exponential increase of the loss of intelligence, wealth and descendants (children), and - of course - culture.

What is called "technology", whether hardware, software, or wetware is pre-formulated answers to problems that are distributed to morons so they can more easily and greatly accomplish their moronic passions. And because they are designed to best suit morons, morons end up have greater power and influence throughout society in every field. Those who were capable of living by their own wits no longer have a place in the politics, science, religion, government, or the world.

Thus your theme is quite accurate.
I gave up making machines smarter when I realized what it takes to make people smarter.
As obnoxious as people can be, I still prefer living people to a society of drones.

..and I'm guessing that you already knew that "Armin" originally meant "Great/High Man" in its original German dialect. 8)
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:10 am

James S Saint wrote:Although it is a question of precise detail, I suspect that even the cyborg is not the final form. In the long run, there is no foreseeable need to have even a partial organic body. But perhaps there will be some remnants. The absolutely most efficient form is not friendly to its former self. Once homosapians can no longer procreate with humans (the hue of Man), homosapians are no longer the human species.

The internet is merely a step in that direction.

I didn't want to go in precise details. Anyway there is not necessarily a contradiction between cyborgs and remnants or loss of human procreation (descendants, children).
Last edited by Arminius on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby James S Saint » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 am

Arminius wrote:I didn't want to go in precise details. Anyway there is not necessarily a contradiction between cyborgs and remnants or loss of human procreation (descendants, children).

..and you might want to chk your PMs. 8)


The Internet, Fantasia, Atreju, and The Never Ending Story.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Has the Internet had its day?

Postby Arminius » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 pm

James S Saint wrote:I'm guessing that you already knew that "Armin" originally meant "Great/High Man" in its original German dialect.

Yes and a little bit no - because of the fact that nobody really knows where the meaning of "Arminius" comes from - except the fact that the historical, real man named (by the Romans!) "Arminius" was a German, namely an ancient German Cheruscan. And one more historical fact is important: Arminius throw out the ancient Romans - not out from the whole Germany (a part of Germany was conquered by the Romans under Caesar and called Germania Superior and Germania Inferior) but from the free Germany, which was called Germania Magna or Germania Libera. And this historical fact ist what I mean when I say: defending freedom (defnding - of course - against the CIVILIZED BARBARISM!). The CIVILIZATION is the true BARBARISM as the history of ancient Romans and Germans shows us.

The Cherusci lived where I was born and growing up - an additional reason for me to choose this name (pseudonym or nickanme). The main reason is the historical fact of the fight against the CIVILIZED BARABRISM, in that case: the ROMAN BARBARISM.
Last edited by Arminius on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

PreviousNext

Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider]