What Defines Life? And Death?

What defines life? And/or death? I am not talking about characteristics nor properties of life or what it takes to sustain life (bare necessities). i know how we are living, a series of chemical reactions keeps us running. I am not asking about why or how we came to be but what is the difference between life and death.
Now all living things are made up of cells, cells are made up of matter and matter is simply a physical substance of mass it is not defined as “live” nor “dead” matter. Cells also take in other substances outside of its walls or membrane to create proteins that keep the cell going. The substances brought inside the cell are molecules (group of bonded atoms), molecules are also not defined as living. Once these molecules are brought into the cell, the cell makes them into proteins, and proteins make reactions with other things to keep them going, and those things make reactions and etc.
Unless I am mistaken, “dead” cells are just inactive cells that for whatever reason stopped working.
Lots of these inactive cells can be reactivated by certain viruses. Do living things actually die or is a way, we have yet to discover, to reactivate a living being?
Science is getting close to Artificial Intelligence, a computer system capable of performing intellectual thinking by itself or simply what the human intelligence can do, could this be technically defined living? It is made up of matter reacting with one of another, just like other “living things”, but in this case it would be electricity reacting with components of the computer. AI will be able to make it’s own decisions, figure out how to improve and make new versions of itself without a partner, similar to types of “living” cells.
The universe is made up of the same “stuff” so what is the difference between living and dead?

Living is the process. When the process stops, there is no life. If the process starts up again, life returns.

The process that defines life is a little different for different people. In general we call it life if it actively pursues continued existence. A machine that does that is alive to the degree that it does that. Organic life performs that process in some very complex and generally misunderstood ways. There are degrees of life, the highest of which:
clarifies, verifies, instills, and reinforces the perception of hopes and threats unto anentropic harmony … and nothing else. :sunglasses:

If my visions are correct then; at death everything becomes clearer and non-corroding [immortal etc].

If not then; all processes stop, consciousness if existent aside from that would have nothing to think with, or even to be able to define itself. Some would say that not thinking thoughts and pure being is bliss, but probably not those in a coma.

More interesting i think is; what happens when the ‘game-world’ is turned off!

It is true that someone in a coma, is in a coma in a world created by the brain/mind [and world, in terms of derivative informations composing the mental world and the general world]. All of our experiences, dreams and ‘visions’ pertain to that generated world based on physical info and mental qualia. So the person in a coma, cannot experience that, if the game-world is switched off of otherwise disconnected! The question then regards weather or not there is anything et al remaining once the world is switched off.

If there is, then we may assume [as we are born] it has the ability to connect/disconnect with the game-world i.e. Be born/reborn.

_