We live in a frame based universe

Have you ever been in combat, or a dangerous physical event, and like right before the moment of injury you noticed what appeared to be frame-skipping in your consciousness?

It’s like how in TV shows, when they go to first person, and show the person going to first person camera, then whacked by the hitman in 60 fps high framerate, it doesn’t look right, only silly looking. Because our brain expects the opposite - the frame rate to look choppy not smooth.

My hypothesis is, we are inside a simulation, and the programmer designed it for the ENTIRE world frame rate to be slow-downed in times of danger as part of the game, but instead made it so only the personal frame rate is slowed-down while the rest of the world goes at normal speed, giving a choppy delta-time effect.

Don’t you think it is more probable that in the midst of fear and immediate threat, your mind, in trying to deal with it, inadvertently distorts your perception? Occam’s Razor?

That is exactly what I am saying. It distorts it into frames, allowing you to see that it is in fact frames which compose your consciousness.

Your frame-rate doesn’t affect the actual world, as witnessed by a given camera. The only thing that changes is the amount of information you can take in, or more that the more you can focus the mind, the greater the local information yield. By ‘local’ I simply mean info in the sphere of the focus.

None of this has changed what reality – the world, is, it has only changed how you are observing it.

now all you need to do is learn how to do that e.g. such to think things through properly first. :mrgreen:

Now all you need to do is learn how to READ Things Properly First.

My entire argument was that the world is not affected by the frame rate thing I said it was a programmers flaw. Do you even know what delta time is (I mean before you go and google it right now)?

So you are asserting that it is your Conscious Imagine of Reality that is like a frame based video. I wouldn’t argue against that, although the organic mind is not synchronized to a clock (which is why time distortions can occur).

To the mind, time is the perceived amount of changing. If the internal rhythms get ignored for sake of an emergency, time gets based merely upon whatever is being focused upon. Usually that causes the mind to perceive time as slowing down. But the medical world is god over what your mind might perceive.

Not only slow down, but freeze frame, revealing that the nature of consciousness is actually frame-based.

But another mind boggling question is, Why are we in this particular moment of time now. This moment in time will disappear fading and momentarily popping in and out of memory as it slowly fades out of time…This moment says it is as real as it gets but tommorow it will not be…And why are we in this moment of time…

Because this is the moment in which you asked the question.

No that moment is no longer here.

I wasn’t talking about then. You said “now”.

fair enough, but I just read the op again and it still read like you were stating that frame-rates were affecting? If they are not affecting then they are just frame rates and nothing to do with what nature is or how its made, and hence not a program error [esp, in the sense of there being a programmer]. - We are subjective beings and that’s how I interpret those words but Ok maybe we should just stop facebitching each other now lol

Framerates are not affecting, but I said the original intent was for framerates to be linked to the outside world, but the programmer didn’t program it right.

I imagine what you are experiencing are lapses in consciousness due to a type of attention deficit disorder. For very brief moments, your mind disconnects from the outside awareness in order to focus on an inner thought, a type of very brief daydreaming. Most likely there is neurological damage. Perhaps too many Sangria Floats.

Whatever it is, it proves that minds are frame based.

It proves that you can get 40 winks in 40 seconds and that you probably shouldn’t drive. :sunglasses: