is testosterone evil?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

is testosterone evil?

Postby mannequin01 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 am

is testosterone evil?
mannequin01

Re: is testosterone evil?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 am

Yes
Urwrongx1000
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:58 am

Yes.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

mannequin01 wrote:is testosterone evil?

No but like everything else in life it just depends on what you do with it, how one allows it to influence, -- or how much of it you have.

Was the subject facetious manni? :evilfun:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby mannequin01 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:53 pm

;)
mannequin01

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 pm

mannequin01 wrote:;)

Is that a Yes? :mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:58 am

For women, yes. For men, estrogen is evil.

Thus, soy is dangerous. Thus, Oriental men.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

see it now?

Thunderbolt steers all things.
- Heraclitus
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby UrGod » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

I was saying the other day the peace is the kind of war that allows acts of love and creation in its course; it is, then, a more complex and obscure process than war properly so-called, as life is more obscure and more profound than death. But the origin and early stages of peace are more obscure than peace itself, as the fecundation and beginnings of life are more mysterious than the functioning of a body once it is made and adapted.

Everyone today feels the presence of this mystery as an actual sensation; a few men must doubtless feel that their own inner being is positively a part of the mystery; and perhaps there is someone with a sensibility so clear, subtle, and rich that he senses in himself certain aspects of our destiny more advanced than our destiny itself.

I have not that ambition. The things of the world interest me only as they relate to the intellect; for me, everything relates to the intellect. Bacon would say that this notion of the intellect is an idol. I agree, but I have not found a better idol.

I am thinking then of the establishment of peace insofar as it involves the intellect and things of the intellect. This point of view is false, since it separates the mind from all other activities; but such abstract operations and falsifications are inevitable: every point of view is false.

--Crisis of the Mind

Testosterone is the reason men think, or try to anyway, and women do not. On average, I mean.
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm

How would this jive with duality? If testosterone is the reason men think, and I am because I think, then it goes to argue that testosterone is equivocal with my existence. Is duality evil? Yes, duality reduces my existence to me, myself. Then the idol falls, and I am alone.

To get out from under this burden testosterone has to be made, purified out of this nothingness, which has built in obstructions, because for them the twilight of the idols have more then merely a leftover trace, the limit has baffled them, and they are unable to jump, they have to be pushed

Hoping against hope that once there, they will be guided, bit there they find themselvs free, and rely only to the whimsical angels, floating as they themselves.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Testosterone and estrogen are found in both sexes.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Meno_ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:30 pm

But lots more in one then the other.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 pm

As people age, their natural primary hormone lessens and then all Hell breaks loose. I've always supported too much testosterone in my system so I've always been a rebel and a fighter, a Tomboy. I believe that I do more thinking, deeper thinking, than most women and I'm less intimidated at throwing a punch to back my beliefs too, but what do I know...other than everything? :evilfun: :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 am

Meno_ wrote:How would this jive with duality? If testosterone is the reason men think, and I am because I think, then it goes to argue that testosterone is equivocal with my existence.

A nice fallacy.
In as far as "I think therefore I am" makes sense, it is to say "Im observing myself doing something, so apparently I exist". He might as well have said "I write this, therefore I exist".

But the fallacy here is simply that, if to think means to exist, it doesn't follow that to exist means to think.
Thinking is a form of existence, existence is not thereby a form of thinking.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

see it now?

Thunderbolt steers all things.
- Heraclitus
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Meno_ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 am

The fallacy is time proven because 'esse est percipii' is exactly the opposite, but that is only fallacious before the "seeing" has been reduced to a different logical level. So on one level is appears to be fallacious, and yet on another it makes sense.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 am

Deleted for pure speculative content
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:37 am

Good is whatever makes people feel good, evil is whatever makes people feel evil.

All crime and law is based on this. Robbery is bad, evil, because it hurts our feelings. Vandalism is wrong because it hurts someone's feelings. Murder is wrong, evil, because it hurts the victims families feelings.

Testosterone is good because it creates estrogen. Secondly, it makes one appreciate feminity, while it also feminizes. Femininity is good and therefore testosterone is good.

Testosterone is also evil, because it can create stress, frustration, and reduce physical neoteny and beauty.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
the Grandmother.

Postby Lump » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:54 am

It can be both good and evil, like a knife can be a practical kitchen tool and an evil instrument of death.
Lump

Postby demoralized » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 am

I don't believe that testosterone is inherently evil
formerly incorrect
formally
demoralized
Thinker

Postby Kathrina » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:02 am

Hormones are beyond good and evil. So they are neither good nor evil.
Kathrina

Return to Science, Technology, and Math