Is God only a creator, or is he Creation itself?

One night I had this dream. The dream was, I awoke in my bed in my house. There was something different though. Everything glowed a bright white. And I felt this feeling inside of me that is completely beyond describing except I can say that It was a feeling of overwhelming happiness and safety. I stood up and looked out of my window. I saw the trees outside and the grass and everything else. But I saw something else. Everything I saw seemed to be filled with this glowing energy. I looked at my own arms and hands and I saw the same thing inside too. Then I heard a voice, but I didn’t just hear it, I felt the voice, like a powerfull bass vibration filling my body and mind. It said only 4 words.

“Know me as life”

Suddenly I began to shead tears and I felt a sense of happiness that I had found him finally, but also something completely unexpected. I felt that I had found myself, that He had found myself. It was as if there was a layer inside of me that I never knew was there that was finally opened up and it was made completely of God and his love. I touched the window seal and all I felt was a more concentrated energy of this love like static electricity coming from it. It came from everything and me.

Then I woke up, and yet I still had the same feeling I had in that dream. I also noticed that I had tears running down my face.

Everything that I had experienced in that dream seemed so deep that it seemed beyond real. So I looked everywhere for an answer, although I didn’t tell anyone. I kept it to myself.

I searched the net for anything I could find out about visions and I came upon the subject of Mystic Visionaries. And then I came upon a book by John C. Robinson called “Death of a Hero, Birth of the Soul.” I couldn’t order it (I didnt have the money for it at the time) so I went to my local library and found it.

It’s actually a guide to male midlife but the last half of it is dedicated to a mystical sacred vision. It listed other mystics who had the same kinds of visions that I had (while awake though), and in all of thier points as well as the authors main point of the whole last half was that the prescense of God is not “above in heaven” but rather inside of every single thing that exists. It also pondered on the possibility of Heaven on Earth - that you see (or feel rather) the truth behind all that is in a vision and then after you pass on to the afterlife. It theorized that the only hell there could be was the physical world of hunger, desease, war, greed, and so on. Things that we make out of the lack of faith and love.

Anyway, the big picture was that there may be something bigger happening among all that we can conceive. That maybe God is the universal whole that everything we are and everything that is, is all God. John brought up the idea of a secondary conciousness in every living being. One true consciousness that is God’s (as he can see through your eyes and knows all that you do) and another that is created by the limited physical world that has evolved from confusion, fear, and endless wants.

There is a meditation that he layed out that was constructed from the interviews of countless mystical visionarees where he says “Get out of your own way” or rather, try to let go of your ego (made up of fears, wants, etc) and live life through the concept of faith that everything that you experience in the real world is all a sign from God that it’s all going to be okay.

Anyway, my fingers are getting pretty tired, and for now, I suppose I’ve stated all the most important things. But I have come to deeply believe in this and it has changed my life dramatically.

Now whether you believe any, all, or none of this, I would greatly love to hear some other opinions on this matter. I am the only one that I know in my life who has had even the slightest touch of this reality and I’m hoping to maybe get to meet someone else from here or some other place or time in life who has had this experience and has followed it.

I stopped reading there.

Maybe if you didn’t you might see whats important instead of just the start of the story…

I believe that is waht we would call revelation?

That’s the coolest thing man. I know people who have had very similar experiances when we went to the Steubenville Youth Conference this summer. Hell I had something pretty similar to that a month or two ago at adoration so I’m jsut letting you know you’re not crazy.

Might I ask what your religious beliefs and experiances were before this dream, and how you practiced them? I’ve recently become enamoured with Jung’s ideas of the psyche and consciousness, and so of course a dream such as this would be of great interest to me in that respect too.

Before this dream, I had no actual defined religion. I did believe in God but I wasn’t very attentive of him. I used to go to church when I was a kid but I never really followed anything they did besides review some books of the bible here and there.

Over time I got into science and how reality works. I started studying astronomy and researching how stars and galaxies are created and how the universe might have been born. I started having a huge ambition for information for answers to this. It was a month later when I had the dream and afterwards I didn’t seek in terms of mere science anymore. Although I do still read about it for the admiration of itself.

I also loved to read books on how the human mind works. Out of countless books I have read, there is not one of them that could explain the human consciousness. They all said that it was beyond understanding as to how it is. After my dream and reading John’s book, I then knew why they couldn’t describe consciousness. It is because consciousness is born from the spirit and to me is a sacred spiritual fabric of God himself. I had this idea that grew in my head as if everybodies consciousness is a kind of network where God is the actual whole network and heaven is the energy and the possibility of all science inside of everything.

“His brain seemed to catch fire at brief moments, and with an extraordinary momentatum his vital forces were strained to the utmost all at once. His sensations of being alive and his awareness increased tenfold at those moments which flashed by like lightning. His mind and heart were flooded by a dazzling light. All his agitation, all his doubts and worries, seemed composed in a twinkling, culminating in a great calm, serene and harmonious joy and hope, full of understanding and the knowledge of the final cause.” Sekida, Hatsuki, Zen Training

This excerpt captures what one patient experienced before having an epileptic fit, but the author of this book claims that this is what a person experience during samadhi (nirvana)

This global, nature god goes by serveral names within various cultures: “the Universal Mind”, “Transcendental Wisdom”, “the Mind-Body”, “the Great Seal”, “the Soul Drop”, “the Truth Reality”, “the Foundation.” Tibetian Book of the Dead

Do you think that God Chose you. And if so Why you there are tons of people out just like you, why you.

To: Zak

In response to your query on Oct 10, I say: " Why NOT you?"

you should try shrooms then you’d see that sort of thing all the time