Did Jesus Drink ???

Well… did he drink alcohol?

yes - then he took the cup of wine, and when he had given thanks for it, he said, “take this and share it among yourselves. For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.” Luke 22 vs 17,18.

Evidently not drinking at this moment but the use of ‘again’ clearly shows that previously he had done. Jesus’ 1st miracle was to turn water into wine.

As it is today, wine was grown throughout the mediterranean and commonly consumed in Jesus’ time.

Who cares?

Think about the poor guys who were the very first drunks. It was most likely a case where some people drank aged fruit juice by accident, but without being repulsed by the bitter taste. Perhaps they actually kept drinking the stuff until they felt a little dizzy, put two and two together, and started drinking it intentionally. I don’t know. It seems to me that one wouldn’t, at first taste, prefer the taste of alcohol, and have to really be devoted to drinking it. I certainly didn’t. So I see the first drunks as a few people who made a great effort to consume, what was to them just rotten juice which tasted terrible, as much as possible as quickly as possible. This is an awkward image in my mind and quite comical.

“Well, how much does it take?”

“Just keep drinking, I forget, actually…but don’t worry you’ll know when you are.”

“Cool. It does taste like ass though, I agree.”

“Yeah…[burp]”

Definitely a worthwhile struggle, if one can stand the taste… It is reported (by someone, perhaps Diogenes Laertius) that Socrates could consume more than anyone else without getting drunk. The World Champion chess player Alexander Alekhine used to imbibe spirits quite frequently, even relieving himself on the board once. Have there been any philosophers who were big drinkers?

I’m a big drinker. Part of those awesome Naval Traditions that the Marines pass down to one another. LOL.

I’ve always wondered how drinking came to be.

But I have a quick question for anybody willing to answer. If conclusive evidence came out that Jesus wasn’t actually the Son of God in the literal sense. Would it matter?

although not necessary a philosopher Freud took cocaine

i dont blame jesus for drinking, he had a lot of pressure in his life and he knew one of his friends was going to betray him, i’m suprised he didn’t try drowning his sorrows when the world got a bit too much for him

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table
David Hume could out-consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as sloshed as Schlegel
There’s nothing Nietszche couldn’t teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates himself was permanently pissed