Stappism: A New Denomination of Christianity

Back when Creed put out their Human Clay album, I began developing the idea about Stappism. Now, I have nothing against Creed as a band, in fact, I love Mark Tremonti’s guitar work and believe him to be one of the premiere soloists in recent years. However, and sadly, Tremonti is about the only reason I give a damn about Creed and Alter Bridge, come to think of it.

Stappism is the belief structure of Scott Stapp, which is based on Christianity, but really does not conform to any known denomination.

Stapp is believed to have left Creed for two reasons. One of them being to abandon the rock-and-roll life to raise his kid. The other is a confliction of music idealism. The very same reason Zach De La Rocha left Rage Against The Machine. It is believed that Stapp desired to make music that was less metal and more etheral.

Evidence that supports the latter reason is found in his post-Creed work in which he supplemented a song to The Passion Of The Christ: Songs disc and later in an interview was asked if he should be called a Christian artist or an artist who is a Christian. Stapp replied:I’m an artist who’s a Christian, because I don’t write music to be evangelical. Now, if that happens, it happens. My dad’s a dentist, and he’s a Christian. Now, does he put in Christian fillings? No, that’s just part of his three-dimensional life. Now, there are people that are Christian artists, because they have a purpose to be evangelical for Christ. I don’t feel I’ve been called to that yet. Now, that could change. There’s no telling what kind of call God will put on my life.

Unfortunately for Scott, his lyrics are too much to ignore. His latest song, Relearn Love, is certainly much softer than the softest stuff he put out with Creed. With previous songs like “Higher,” the essence of Stappism is preaching the Christian belief through the style of music that had been, and still is to some extent, demonized by conservative Christian groups. Stapp’s belief structure is easily recognizable in his lyrics through a variety of Creed songs, but it’s this belief, coupled with the style of the music, that sets it apart from any other Christian denomination.

[size=150]What are your thoughts on Stappism?[/size]

His ability to make hard songs about his personal beliefs, is good. Like you said, many conservative xtians try to ignore Creed-type rock-n-roll music.

As far as him being a Xtian, he seems to be the type that maybe doesn’t care what others think of him, and therefore his beliefs are very personal and he truly believes them. That is a good thing, as for it is a step to freethinking. All great journeys must be started with the first step… perhaps sometime soon he will see the flaws in Christianity, and create his own beliefs.

This is exactly what I was talking about…he already got pissed with the authorities when he wasn’t given a second chance in college after getting caught doing pot and being kicked out. His personal beliefs, though based on Christianity, are still not following mainstream thought. He’s more of a contemporary Xtian, and preaching his thoughts on his belief through music just makes Stappism more and more apparent.

I recall hearing some Xtian folks talking about him back when he was real big with Creed, thinking that he may just be the second coming of christ… at one point, it seemed like that, but then again, it’s Scott Stapp.

Lol. Yep.

To disregard my past musings on why Stapp left Creed and finally ascertain the truth of what happened, I investigated. In an interview with MTV News, Stapp coiled up these words:

So, Mr. “Broken Jesus” is nothing more than a shattered clay figurine - a poser, if you will - who tried to impress his fans with his psuedo Jesus-complex. In the end…there’s still more!

Pathetic… and because of this, he’s going to put out a solo album that will no doubt crystalize his belief structure to make Stappism more profound.

I can see it now… hordes of fans crowded like sheep raising their arms up to him, to get “higher.”

Christ condemns rock.

…uhh, and?

He is an incredibly self absorbed douchbag. Friggin video where it freeze frames and he is lifted into the air with his arms stretched out like he is some sort of God? Dude is a douch of gigantic proportions. Please dont create a religion or denomination after this guy.

I didn’t create anything, he did… I just gave it a name, as a joke - being as he’s such a pussy. This thread is a center of mockery for that fool, and that I will admit!

As I recall… The last time I saw Scott Stapp on TV - the real Scott Stapp that is - was on that Celebrity Poker Showdown show on the Bravo Channel. I could not believe my eyes and ears… I was wondering what this idiot was doing on the show being as it was abudantly clear he had no clue how to play Texas Hold 'Ems - or any other game deriving from Poker that is. Look out people, this “jesus” is dumber than he looks.

Christ condems Creed, and mark tremonti.

I bought Creed’s first album based on the couple of singles I heard. The music was very good, mostly, yes, the guitar parts. But, after listening to the whole album I had to sit down and wonder about what I just bought. Could I ignore the lyrics?

The answer was no. I didn’t get into any of the other songs on the album really. The music was still good, but lyrics are too big a part for me. I have lots of other music for godd guitar/drums/whatever. Stapp is just an unnecessary part of the band. I’m glad he’s gone. Now I can ignore him and him alone.

One, do you have any proof of this? Two, do you think that Christ/God is such a bigot that if you play rock music, you are comdemned to hell? Isn’t God understanding and accepting? Three, what does this have to do with the discussion in this post?

Christ condems without question, all those who irritate him. Mark tremonti has irritated him with his solo,s. As you have done in questioning him. Now you may be punished for this also.

ID, stop ruining this thread with your incessant banter or I personally will petition your banning from ILP.com permanantly…

You will either do two things on this thread to prevent this…

A. Bash the living hell out of Scott Stapp with good reason.

B. Shut up about your ranting of a completely different topic. We are not talking about YOUR christ and HIS dealings with Rock & Roll, Metal, or whatever music that you think deserves YOUR denounciation.

Ahh, it’s okay. We all know he’s not with the rest of us in this conversation. For this thread anyway, just ignore him. Plus I see Lasko’s got a thread already.

And even though I may be condemned, I still know one infallible truth.

SCOTT STAPP SUCKS!

Hey man Creed irritates me. I can see how they irritate Jesus as well. I Think IronDog is right about this one for a change. :laughing:

“Creeds guitar solos irritate Christ”

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HAHAHAHAHAHA , high five pale

Sagehound have you heard of Edward woodward?

I’m giving you one chance to apologize ID… Confess and make it easier on yourself.

As they said to all the good people who were victimized by the church and burnt at the stake for having their own views that others were jealous and intolerant of.