Please explain how the Pope is now really in touch with God

I was just curious to hear how some would explain how God is involved in the process of selecting the Pope, and then, first, if the Pope has some how gained even more “powers” by becoming the Pope, and, if so, what those powers are.

I saw this article where the Pope says that he will be doing “the will of the Lord”:

freep.com/news/religion/pope25e_20050425.htm

and I just wondered how folks perceive the “the will of the Lord” actually getting into the Pope’s mind.

I am not going to argue with anyone. It’s more for my personal curiousity to understand what others think.

When you become Pope they surgically remove the tinfoil lining your skull. :wink:

LOL… Let’s see now, wasn’t Jeb Bush the guy who, according to Micheal Moore, contributed to his brother’s election back in 2000 by having the last hand in things down in Florida? Was all this "

I thought the word catholic meant “universal.”

And finally…the ultimate first contradiction made by the new pope…

Hello Membrain

I can see the sense of it theoretically but there is a large gap between theory and practice.

The whole purpose of Christianity is re-birth or acquiring something that connects heaven and earth so that “thy will be done on earth as in heaven.”

First consider Jacob’ Staircase described in Genesis:

This ladder represents the completed connection. There are gradations of understanding represented by the rungs on the ladder.

Christ knew he must die as he did and it was his purpose for descending. The Last Supper was in preparation for retaining the connection with the Apostles after his death and the body and blood have specific meanings in relation to this connection. When his physical body died and he ascended into heaven or this higher quality of being, the path would become open for the Apostles to follow in their understanding with the help of the Holy Spirit. The Apostles could help those directly below them in understanding who could in turn help those below them in their understanding.

All these levels of understanding not only existed between people but also in the person themselves. Each could grow in their understanding from the level of priest to bishop and from bishop to archbishop for example. This wasn’t factual knowledge but experiential understanding.

Over time the idea of gradations of understanding has mostly been lost in regards a person’s unique psychological make-up and what is left is its external representation in the cultural structure of the church.

So now the Pope would theoretically be on top of the ladder or Jacob’s staircase and directly under its source and able to reflect God’s will. However, man being man and politics being politics, I personally doubt if the essence is alive in the public church. What may happen in secret between those whose understanding has gone beyond the literal is something else. There still may be a true esoteric tradition hidden within it that reflects the essence of Jacob’s staircase or IMO the true meaning and purpose of the church. One thing is obvious and that it is not in the media.

from what I understand, during the conclave, “god guides the cardinals in electing the pope, who is his true servant” so, supposedly, god is choosing, not the cardinals. i dont buy it, but is far as i can figure thats the theory

According to the Old Testament and parts of the New Testament the Pope is prophecized to be the Anti-Christ. In terms of the Bible the word Anti should have been translated to the word posing as. The prophecies of the Old Testament and new show that Christ of the Lamb of God and the Lamb represents Christ. The pope himself takes on the title “Vocar of Christ” meaning he is presented as Christ on Earth, in his place.

According to - Revelation 12:9 tells us that Satan is the Dragon and the “Serpent of old” of the Garden of Eden. Jesus called Satan the Father of lies (Jn 8:44). Therefore speaking like a dragon means lying. But this “spoke like a dragon” is more than just telling any old mistruth. Remember how Satan “spoke” to Eve in the Garden? He did not tell her obvious satanic lies like “drink human blood and worship me” that even Eve would know to reject. Instead he told her subtle, appealing lies which sounded reasonable and very good, and included the dropping of God’s name. Within the Roman Catholic Church on days of Mass you will see various people laying flat on there stomachs of in a bowing stance facing the center of the Church towards a Throne in which The pope himself reigns on. According to Catholic teachings the pope himself is the sole mediator between Earth and God for he is the living representation of Christ vieled in flesh. Now according to the bible only Jesus himself is the sole mediator between Earth and God and only God/Jesus can forgive sins. But every day if you went to a Catholic church you shall find ‘booths’ in which you can confess you sins to a priest who can frogive said sins.

In daniel chapter 7, 8, 11 Daniel says, "I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it. And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things[i]

The Ten horns upon this great and terrible beast are that of the 10 colonies of which Rome was devided into. This little horn is that of Vatican city which according to the Bible this little horn shall pluck three of these from its roots. Vatican city has done this, these three colonies are Vandals, Ostrogoth and Longobard. According to the bible the reign of this kingdom shall reign 1260 years which takes us to 1798 in which at that very time the Pope dies in that year and the Catholic church falls before eventually bringing itself back up which is what this little horn represents.

Do a google search on “Pope Anti-Christ” and you shall find some very interesting things on this subject. I make about 5 more pages on this subject but I’ll leave it up to you to interpret it for yourself.[/i]

two excellent articles on the matter :

rotten.com/library/bio/religion/popes/linus/

zenofeller.com/TIp2.html

so then.