SATAN

The devil and god are only things that exist within us. Churches and such don’t do anything, it’s only the good and bad in us…

Thank you, Zoroaster.

The basic element of Zoroaster’s belief system is the duality between good and evil. This separation is the result of a choice initiated by Ahura Mazda, the world’s creator. According to Zoroastrian cosmogony, one of the twin spirits engendered by Ahura Mazda, named Spenta Mainyu (“Beneficent Spirit”) chose good and life, while the other, Angra Mainyu (“Destroying Spirit,” or Ahriman, as he is known in the later documents) chose evil and death. As a result, humans must make the same choice, and will be judged accordingly upon their death, the just rewarded with entrance into paradise, or the “House of Song,” the wicked condemned to the “House of Evil.”

myss.com/worldreligions/Zoroastrianism.asp

God is perfection as all life is nature according to reason. Evil is not a product of God it is only a consequence of man’s misunderstanding on application of will power towards knowledge of self.Satan is only man’s interpretation of exusing oneself for one’s ignorance. :astonished:

Satan seems to win my support.

God is a turkey sandwich on rye bread. Or else, he’s not. I can’t remember which.

The devil and god are used as a means of explaining away the inexplicable. If we don’t know why things happen, we assign their meaning to some higher power. If something good happens, then we attribute it to god. If bad, we attribute it to Satan.

I think in time the world will evolve enough to see the folly of this type of thinking and just accept that chaos is the rule and that we don’t control everything: just ourselves.

just remember “satan eats lunch with a fork too…”

-Imp

Nice catch 22.
Religion depends on the existance of good and evil, but good and evil are only defined (objectively) within the confines of religion.

satan=gadfly
(so what if I just wanted to keep “SATAN” towards the top of the religion forum)