God's will

this is also a response to Ivan Alexander’s post at humancafe.com

God’s Will

We can only know God’s will if we know ourselves; for we, collectively, are God in our spiritual essence, and physically His body. Yes, the secular can do God’s will, and can do it without reference to any ‘holy book’ but The Book or Tree of Life (a person, also known as a microcosm, or the miniaturized all). To know if one is doing God’s will, one only need consult one’s Self (individual Atman of the collective Brahman in Eastern religion), if one is in touch with It. This sounds presumptuous, but should be common knowledge. Pythagoras said “Above all, know thyself”, but the day that the average person will know themself is far off.

The will of God is inflexible because It is immutable Spiritual Law, such as the great law, The Law of Love. In believing that only they have knowledge of God’s will, religious people become deluded fanatics; it is man’s will, not God’s will in this case, that is inflexible. Only men-women have the ungodly capacity to be ‘infinitely intolerant’, delusional in their belief that they are separated from and superior to their fellow man. A few conceptualize that we are all one, that there is only one God; and that all religions and their followers should be promoting oneness, unity and tolerance because we are one people and we are God.

Religious organizations become corrupt because their members develop “a pretense of spirituality” based on their belief that their interpretation of the truth is free of error and that they themselves are therefore superior to others. The small-minded members (which are the majority) become hypocrites, and believing that mere membership ensures their “spiritual progress” and “special status”, they seek positions of control within the organization. The universally-minded members, seeing the rot set in, suffer until they are ready to leave the organization. In their fear of failing to prove their false “special status” to the world, the remaining body of hypocrites strive to impress and brainwash each other; if they have the power, they go as far as torturing and killing “outsiders” and “nonbelievers”. In this state of “divisional insanity” or religious intolerance, people and their organizations only prove they have nothing constructive to offer the world.

All religions have been founded by those who aspire to control others, with the pretense being that they have altruistic intentions; they wish to exploit those who only have the capacity to follow. People who know they are God in their essence do not need the advice of those who merely claim to be God’s representatives.

God could only be ‘infinitely merciful’ if one believed He had human qualities, which my concept precludes. God cannot be merciful because He (or more precisely, It) is basically a set of universal or spiritual laws which it is up to us to discover by first looking within, where God lives. God is not merciful, but “indifferent” to and one with all, through Its laws. He/It is as uncaring as the family car, but can get you places. It is only we that should be ‘infinitely merciful’, should we learn The Law of Love from childhood, and be able to live it. As babies, we accept what is around us and have no possessiveness or pride. God is first crucified in the toddler who cries out “This is mine!”, with all its implications. To be happy as adults, we must be as babies again, but spiritually conscious babies.

Blasphemy (contempt for God or spirituality) is a show of weakness or ignorance, and is its own punishment, for to despise God is to despise one’s Self. A T-shirt slogan that reads “Love is for losers” seems like “hip blasphemy” because Love is the essence of godliness. Those that cannot love or despise love cannot fulfill themselves and be happy, because Love is the very essence of the Being of every one of us spiritual beings “on a human journey”. My translation of the slogan is “I am a loser”, the “I consciousness” being God Itself, which is crucified or “lost” by the person’s “hiply blasphemous” thought.

You said, ‘Truly, who can punish in the name of God better than God?’ Indeed! People need do nothing, for “revenge is mine, saith the Lord” (Bible) and “Allah postpones but does not forget”.

Yes, it is possible for a true ‘nonbeliever’ to do God’s Will. Modern religions stimulate no greater spiritual consciousness than ancient religions like sun or nature worship. A sect of sun worshippers would have to be truly deluded to believe that they were the only ones who could see the sun. But knowing us, no doubt the sect who worshipped it standing on their head would persecute the sect who just liked to worship standing on their feet, hehe. Lao Tzu implies that the contented lives of “simple peasants” should not be interfered with; he states that sages kept people in the dark and that the people are dummies; and that with learning (read “holy books”) “the great pretense begins.” Without a spiritual concept, esoteric and allegorical writing and stories are misinterpreted by the masses, resulting in such ungodly “religious” extremes as the oxymoronic “holy war”. It seems that the writers of “holy books” weren’t concerned about misinterpretation of their writing, knowing that people will always find a reason to kill each other; they wrote for those who could perceive the hidden messages.

I am a ‘nonbeliever’ (i.e. i do not belong to any religion). I have not always done God’s will because i am human and weak, not always able to do what I know I should do. If one cannot draw from the Self and be motivated by it, something that should happen without effort, one might consider Lao Tzu’s words and not worry: “Let life ripen and then fall, will is not the way at all.” Disregard man’s and your own will; God’s will is the only will that matters. If you cannot do God’s will now, seek It and one day you may, for “Seek and ye shall find” (Bible).

An atheist (one who denies the existence of God and rejects all religious belief) will do God’s will if they are kind, compassionate, and reluctant to hurt any living thing. If they are loving, their thoughts and actions will contradict their views; they will be a godly person who says “I am not part of God.” I think atheists don’t want responsibility, because knowing you’re God brings responsibilities and challenges, hehe.

It is not God’s will that we join a religion or worship Him/It in any particular way. It is said that the first sin is in being born, because one is separated from God. The “separation” from God comes from the ignorance and misconception of human mind. Then there is the subsequent divisional separation of men from each other by the formation of religions, organizations, countries, etc. The sin in this is not in the division but in how it’s interpreted. If one can be divided yet know that all must be one, then one is safe; one is one with one’s fellow man, one’s Self and God. As soon as the division is deemed to have some special significance (read “I’m a **** and you’re not”) we are lost, separated from one’s fellow man, one’s Self, and God.

When i go to a Catholic church, i’m a Catholic. I’m also a Buddhist, Hindu, and Taoist; there just aren’t so many opportunites to be the last three.

You ask ‘Is happiness even a goal?’. All i can say is it’s not something you can work toward, like creating a collection. Wisdom is man’s ultimate attainment, but very few get there. People can find temporary “happiness” in whipping each other; you mean the lasting kind of happiness that seems to elude most of us for long periods of time, or often life. Our Reason of Being is to be happy; harmony or merging with the Reason of Being, Spirit, Self, Universal Love (of God), within us is happiness Itself. Finding It and being one with It is the elusive “goal”, but if you think of it as a “goal” you will probably never find it, for making an issue of obtaining something tends to put it out of reach. “There is no greater curse than wanting something for oneself”. But the butterly of happiness or love may just land on you when you stop trying to catch it.

You ask who can say what God’s will is. His will is slightly different in all, but basically the same. Who can answer? Well, only one who is detached by a universal spiritual concept from all religious, political, racial or other division of people into groups. In other words, me, perhaps you … another … and another… also known as God. But we have to be an underground, unknown personally to each other, or we might become a division.

thank you.

luxin
luxin729y@yahoo.ca
may 05
“Live unknown”