question

1st commandment of Bible:
‘You shall have no other gods before Me.’

(meaning that there could be other gods!!!..(hmmm…))

but then (even more exciting)
you come across Exodus 20:17 saying that
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

please explain…

delete

no silly…by “covet” it means “envy” …and if god tells you that he is jelous, ut you cannot be envious… :wink:
…do you see where im going with this?

delete

i dont like you.

sorry :frowning:

never reply to u again

EZ$

Hi Embrace,

1 - there were other Gods back then - off the top of my head I’d say Ra was still knocking about, Zeus too probably, plus all the minor tribal dieties around the world, a couple of zillion gods/goddesses in India are still pulling in the punters as we speak.

I think the commandmant was along the lines of “If you worship me, you must give up your attachments to other religions/belief systems. (or else)”

What’s more interesting is that this commandment is higher on the list than “thou shalt not kill.” Which if you take it as a literal progression - backhandedly gives a christian to licence to kill those who do worship other Gods…

2 - This one’s a crowd pleaser, protecting the property of the weak from those stronger, and since the majority is always weaker (on an individual basis) - it puts a lot of bums on seats in the church.

“Hey Bill - you got ripped off last week yeah…? - There’s this new God - and he protects the weak…! Wanna check him out…?”
“What are we waiting for ??? - Let’s get our asses down there now…”

deleted

?

James

umm…the remarks were apparently deleted…
but its allright, no point in reading them, we worked things out :wink: