Jesus is god?

If god was infinity and jesus was another god how would there be two infinities???

If jesus was god why would he pray to god???

If jesus was god why did he have the same features i have??? walking talking??? and why must he eat??? why must he be born there was never a beggining for infinity???

so im half god because i can do most of the things jesus does??? other then open a humungus pathway in the middle of a sea???

please help me im a very confused 14 year old.[/img]

Even numbers (2,4,6,…) are infinite, and odd numbers (3,5,7…) are infinite. There are two infinites side by side. But I’m not sure that’s the way it is with God – as quantity, that is.

For example. And so the man could be in loving contact with the Father.

Because he is an incarnation of the second person of God as a human.

You can do what a human can do – from his example.

Wait till you read about the persons of the Trinity – you might be even more confused!

Vale bene,
mrn

YESS!!! YESS!!YESS!!!
SOMEONE IS YOUNGER THAN ME!!!
WOOO-HOOO!!
victory dance

isnt infinity THE biggest number?

but isnt Love something god created for humans?

Well in a bit of a discussion with a few friends (slightly off topic but throws a good point in), we came to a theory that if God can create love, then he must know love. But in order to know something you must experience its opposite. IE: In order to know your Breathing, you must experience some sort of suffocation, or in Order to know your Full from eating all that junk food from McDonalds you must feel the Hunger before hand. Maybe not so good of an example but you get the point.

So in order for God to know love he must have also known Evil thus making God also capable of Evil. The surpression of such evil is possible for it is possible to stop eating junk food from McDonalds but you must find a substitute for this. In this case it would be Love.

Sorry I confused myself to a point of unreasonable rationality. I’ve been up 2 days straight and words and logical statements begin to corrupt ones mind after the madness of sleeplessness sets in.

i am a 100 and still confused. Should i not be?

infinity is never actualised. you can never count to infinity. so excuse me if i say that infinity is not a number.

Physical love may be created in some of it’s aspects, but if you’re talking about charity, God IS love! (St John)

Lasko, we (or perhaps the more foolish of us) may have more notice of goods when sompared to evils, but evils in themselves are defects of goods, (Aquinas) and God can create them without having evil in Himself.

mrn

But why is religion confusing?
if it is confusing maybe we are not understanding it correctly?

Humans altered the Bible years aggo and here is a new generation where we are smarter then that shoudnt we understand that?

I mean how, how could we be part of something we dont understand and just hope it leads us to happen?

Please Clarify.

Jesus wasn’t god, or divine. Hope that helps.

He was a social revolutionary–that is, if he even existed in the first place.

Infinity is ONE ODD NUMBER because all numbers started at an even; 0.
Then it must end at an odd, is that not true?

And you cannot have half of an odd as a perfect number.

Then why is it beleived that he is?
Why does god need a helper if he is everywhere?
If god has the “all seeing eye” than why must he need a human incarnation to see and to help?
If god can just stuff the knowlege in our heads without lifting a finger why doesnt he?

Then why do we comit sin???

Wasn’t Jesus supposed to be an avatar of god on Earth? I think that it was also the case that he merged with god to become one whole being after his death. So, it was as if god split off a bit of himself to come here and carry out a mission.

Yes, Hassooni, I don’t think you’re understanding it correctly. Neither is Adlerian. Want me to explain?

FtheNaysayers, Jesus was too deep to be just a political revolutionary – if that’s what you mean by “social” – religion is social too.

Hassooni, again, you never actualise an infinite in math, it is not an integer. I don’t understand why you mention perfect numbers here.

Why do we commit sin? Because of our weak and broken nature because of our progenitor Adam’s sin. We are tempted by “the world and flesh” as well as “the devil”.

Jesus came to earth to save all to whom it is given to believe in him, and thereby in the Father.

Adlerian, not quite. Jesus is a man united to the second person of the Trinity, the Logos. Hassooni, THAT is what stuffs God’s ideas in your head. God teaches as fast as you are willing and open to learn.

Better?

Now let’s see you ignore this and go on with your questions…

my real name

Lasko wrote:
So in order for God to know love he must have also known Evil thus making God also capable of Evil.

capable of evil, maybe, but that doesn’t mean that there is any evil in his being. And doesn’t the fact that he is capable of evil make him even more “good” than if he never had the option? If he didn’t have just as much susceptibility to evil as we do, his standard wouldn’t apply to us, because the conditions would be different.
[/b]

First of all, only Christians consider Jesus to be god. Second of all, not even all Christians believe that Jesus was god.

The reason why some Christians believe he was god is because a council of Church elders–under the supervision of the Roman Emperor, Constatine–voted on Jesus divinty, and the vote was 5-4 in favor of it. I believe it was the council of Nicea.

Good question. Doesn’t make sense to me either. Here is another one. If “God” is perfect then why did he need to send Jesus to die for our sins later on? Why did “God” condemn Adam and Eve if he knew later on down the line he wouldn’t want us to be guilty of original sin?

Five to four? Five to four what? Certainly there were more than nine bishops at the Council.
Maybe you’re thinking of the US Supreme Court?

Isn’t it fitting that the mediator between God and man should be both God and man?

Why did God condemn the sin of Adam? Why did He send Jesus to die for our sins? Because He is Holy (can’t approve evil), and He is Just (amends must be made), and He is Merciful (redeems his creation). He is sooooo good!

How’s that?

I am not certain about the 5-4 vote but I believe it was only the highest bishops who voted.

Not very convincing. :confused:

he may have the numbers wrong, but he is right that it wasn’t unanimous vote.

There were a group of gnostic christians in Egypt who felt that christ/god werent’ triune in nature. Constantine himself made the tiebreaking vote, and it’s been said that he changed his mind on his death bed.

food for thought.

“said that”? Sounds like pretty poor food.

Did you know that the Catholics made Luther eat a diet of worms?

mrn