Something I have been wondering

God must be so bored.

I mean he is omnipotent and omniscient. If you are omnipotent then there are no challenges, and if you are omnisciet then there are no surprises.

Take us humans for example. He created us, gave us freewill and let us run amok. So he got over the omnipotent part by freely giving it up (giving us freewill, at least for a while), but he’s still omniscient; he knows who of us will fail and who will succeed.

So maybe he hazed his own sight, it would be the only way for anything to ever happen beyond himself.

Or maybe he created us out of love knowing that he would never himself truly benefit from us as we cannot give him anything (as he is omniscient and omnipotent he could merely create being who love him; angels).

What do you think?

Maybe He is us.

But He’s God right…? - He must have the universe’s biggest TV… Plus all the programmes/films ever made/that ever will be made…

He’s probably got Natchos too, and some dip.

Bored - unlikely…!

But he knows every second what will happen on the tv screen. :expressionless:

He’s the producer, so that’s ok.

But, like - God’s infinite right…?

So he’s got an infinite attention span… :smiley:

An infinite attention span to keep track of everything he already knows what will happen to? No dice. I’d be bored.

If it doesn’t seem to make sense, one ought to check one’s premises.

There are some explanations that suggest that each of us is simply God playing hide and seek with himself, that each moment is a surprise as the players in an ad hoc play move back and forth upon the stage…

JT

But he knows what we’ll do.

This is the problem with infinite beings - they have both an infinitely long, and infinitely short memory… At the same time… :astonished:

Hi Kolibri,

What you have written, and what has been answered suggests that we haven’t much idea about God and that the metaphors and allegories we have are not comprehensive. It wakes the idea in me that the quest has only just begun, even though we seem to have little time…

Perhaps we should broaden our horizons and accept that God is the ineffable, but that we should start to understand ourselves a little better.

Shalom

maybe its not in his nature to be bored? maybe this is just in the nature of man.

Good point.

Very Good point

Maybe god just likes to watch us have personalities… I don’t think God can have one for himself… so maybe he just likes watching characters… be is a rapist or a… priest rapist… he’s facinated by it all.

He cant be facinated by it all. He understands it too well. A god with the aformentioned attrubutes CANNOT experience “facination”.

god is not a character. god is the totality of everything.

There is a better word for this purpose: reality. All that you do is to keep the MERE NAME God, without the thing which it is linked to.

I find that God is more of a symbol than anything.

okay, if god posses infinite power and dominion, he would have to be the totality of existence