Alestair Crowley

What sort of man do you think Alestair Crowley was. Wise , stupid, evolved , lost ,What?

What can we learn from him?

What can I learn from him?

I vote for: bitter.

Ahh the satanists are hesitant to come forward and reply, Interesting!

dirty old perv. much like j ron hubbard, except not after the money, after the kicks.

[size=75]Name at Birth: Edward Alexander Crowley

Aleister Crowley was raised in a strict Christian family, but discovered the occult while an undergraduate at Cambridge. Combining eastern mysticism with western science, he came up with a religious system called The Law of Thelema. Referring to himself as “The Great Beast” (and allegedly, “the wickedest man alive”) earned him a few disciples, but the rumors of drugs, orgies and magic ceremonies didn’t make him too popular among the straight set. His many philosophical and occult writings form the backbone of the contemporary movement called “magick.”[/size]

Iron Dog: I just think the Great Beast would be pissed you went and spelt his name wrong…

Was he a member of the Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn…? I can’t remember - but if he was - great Tarot pack…

:astonished: Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law… :astonished:

I don’t truly care for him myself, he was a drug addict, a drunk, bi/homosexual (forgot) and never really studied him nor cared to. His belief system is that of the Magick field and Qaballistic at its base. I follow the Anton LeVay sect of satanism not Qabalism. This Iron Dog should answer your question in regards to why Satanists have not responded to quickly to your comment, for Aliester Crowley isn’t exactly the highest in opinion to Satanists. Self centered are we Satanists, it is not others we worship, we worship ourselves. :slight_smile:

no “occultist” who makes shadow pictures can be all bad…

-Imp

Lasko,
can you tell me which satanists you do look up to and admire? Which well known satanists I mean. Sort of high order folk.

Will the satanists here not take this opportunity to tell us about their favourite satanist? Which satanists , like Crowley, are, or have been prominent?

Can you give us just… a quick review of

1.who they are
2. In a few sentences, what their message to humanity is
3.How their message could benifit society at in general
4.Why it may not benifit humanity in general

To me, only myself do I consider in the highest of Satanism. Satanism being a self centered and self improvement religion is strictly solely based on ones self. This is the case for most satanists, you may call them selfish or what not, but truly it is just who they are. In the case of most Satanists being ill tempered though Iron Dog.

This is not ill temperment but merely a portion of the religion. According to the satanic bible, if you are approached in a field and struck by a man on your cheek, do not turn the other cheek but instead smash his.

It is a religion of power and self preservation. This, Iron Dog, is why Satanists seem ill tempered, though it is not ill temperment. We took a blow to our religion in the field of battle (thread), and in our responses we take it a step further and try to smash yours. It is complicated but most Satanists are rather kind and avoid confrontation unless confrontation comes first.

First off, this post is not for the idiot original poster but for anyone that might think this topic is relevant. It isn’t.
Aleister Crowley has absolutely nothing to do with Satanism.
His ‘religion’ is called thelema, and the two share absolutely no common ground whatsoever.

My opinion of the man,
He was a drug addled quasi-spiritualist that did have a certain poetic form to his writing that I admire, but the content is mostly fiction pulled from old HP Lovecraft novels and shortstories. He was mediocre and commands mediocre followers.

I favorite story about him is that he published “spell” that if carried out correctly would explode and kill you. That’s not saying much about his attitude toward his followers.

Imp,

“no “occultist” who makes shadow pictures can be all bad…”

ROF

Dunamis

So as I say Satanical, tell us of a few prominent satanists then. Stop avoiding the issue.

This says it all really. I will demonstrate later today, and no hard feelings lasko, I like you, that indeed the satanists here do seem nothing but a bunch of folk who were forced to go to sunday school and have rebelled.

Psst, IronDog…in case you are very very slow and haven’t figured it out yet, I see you as an obstinant brick wall unworthy of discourse. Stop adressing me.

Satanical

You are not in control of your mind. So stop behaving as though you are. I am addressing you exactly because you are very much one of the antagonizers in my threads.

I have told you to scram so many times . But no, your ego got the better of you and you could,nt stop yourself from putting your opinion in. As you have done again. The proof is there. It is you who looks the idiot.

Reason I asked you a question here is because of that, the fact that you keep addressing my issues , not the other way around. And I thought I would give you a chance if you behaved yourself.

But as you have just shown, you have held the grudge. And you wish to convert no matter what. When will you realize you dont have the intelligence to do this?

So I really mean it this time. Beat it out of all my affairs, and dont give any comment. You are not clever enough to deal with me. Not clever by half sonny.

This letter has proved my point. There are no prominent satanists worth regard. They are all out of control, content on letting their ego rule their affairs.

Content on tasting everything no matter the cost. Fools they are. Living a life of debauchery but feeling guilty enough about it so as they have to give a little name and meaning and philosophy to what they do. But really satanism is about freedom.

Freedom of the desires . The very thing that creates unrest in the life. And if any satanists here had the balls and the courage, they would admit that in their private lives, which obviously we cant see so they can hide behind the internet, they are out of control.

Satanism provides nothing. I say that like robert de nero playing al capone in the untouchables "nothiiiiiing my freind. You have nothiiiiing.

Actually Iron Dog, your presumption it quiet wrong in saying that Satanists are a bunch of kids that were forced to goto Sunday School and are rebelling. I actually have never been to sunday school nor is my family at all religious. I myself am the only religious person in my family. So please keep assumptions to yourself for your lack of evidence is strikingly visible.

So tell us all Lasko
Why did you decide to become a satanist. Just a few sentences.