God and Life, an extended thought...

What if God didn’t know the future, though he could in his unlimited power look into what it may be? God could just be watching us real-time. What if, whilst God could look into what the various outcomes of the future could be, he could not tell it for certain simply because he gave us our own choices.

If we have our own free will and our own choices on things, then even though God may be able to predict what we may do, he may only predict - he could never really know what we will do until we choose for ourselves and actually do it.

If we are all a part of God, as a drop of water is a part of the ocean, then essentially, being that drop of water, we would have free will - BUT!

But; we would, of course, be largely influenced by our surroundings, our environment. The other billions of drops of water would have a large impact on us.

We would live with free will, as would all the other drops - The thing is; even if we have free will, it doesn’t mean that our will is limitless and it doesn’t mean we can choose what we want done to us. Other drops of water may do something to you that don’t expect, want or like and such is life.

God may have put us here with our ‘free will’, given us his commandments and simply sat back and watched how we all interpreted him and his commandments, how we live or lived, what we decide and decided, why we decided what we did and why we decide what we do. How much we learnt and why we learnt it.

• and I suppose most importantly: How good or bad we were in the world and life he gave us.

People sometimes ask questions like: “If there is a God, why does he let such bad things happen to us?”

Well, to this I answer:
Suppose God was the only thing that existed. The only thing that was.
In his infinite wisdom, he decided one day to create the heavens so that he might have company. Who then, would he place into the Heavens to dwell with him?

Well, God creates man.

Though, God has a problem. He cannot create man as infinite in wisdom as himself. If he did, no matter how many he created, there would be no conversation. It would be like God was making copies of himself - SO!

God creates man in his own image, but not in his own knowledge and wisdom. He does however, give man the free will we today possess.

Yet, another problem arises. Man, in his lack of knowledge and wisdom, in his free will, becomes his own character and may not be good - through circumstance and choice, he may become an evil entity.

So God, being the epitome of Good living in the Heavens, a place of good, cannot allow Evil to dwell there.

God then creates the Hells, for the people of Evil to dwell.

Yet, there is still a problem: How do people become good and evil? How do they learn anything? How do they with their free will create their own characters?

In 7 days, God created the Earth, the Universe and all within it.
So here we are. Our choices, in the end, choosing whether we enter into the Heavens; and live forever with our goodness and God - or into the Hells with the Devil and live with our Evils for all eternity.

I believe in Hell, you may yet repent. God may still forgive you. I do not know Gods wisdom, but I do know if you truly repent your evils and become a good person, even in Hell, that God will allow you into his Kingdom of Heaven.

Is it so simple, so easy? Is it really?
What is the hardest thing any man can do? One of, if not, the hardest would be to admit that he was wrong and truly mean it. To repent.
So, to answer the question: “If there is a God, why does he let such bad things happen to us?”
We may not be God, but we are of God, even as a little drop of water is of the ocean. We have our free will, and because we are on Earth with our free will, God will not intervene with our affairs, well, to our knowledge until he sees fit.

God has given us his commandments, his son; and now he wants to watch us, watch our characters grow. He wants to see how we interpret life and how we interpret him and his commandments, how we interpret his sons teachings. He wants to watch our thoughts, our actions. He wants to watch everything we do and think so that in the end, standing at the Gates of Heaven, he may give us his judgement and either allow us into the Heavens, or send us to the Hells.

Terrible? No. The good enter into a place of everlasting good, the evil enter into a place of everlasting evil.

What if God doesn’t know where to send someone, such as in the case of a stillborn child or a child who dies before he can speak and such? In these cases I would suppose God sends them back to Earth/life again, until he may properly judge them.

The good die young? If God has infinite power, he may kill anyone whenever he feels it right. If he has seen enough to grant someone entrance into his Kingdom, then he may take them. Not everyone who is good may die young though. God may want them to livelonger to keep another person company or happy. God may feel you have some purpose yet to spread some good or to be an example to others.

Conversely, if you are evil you will most likely die young too. Perhaps not of Gods intervention, because he wants to give you every chance he can to show your goodness. If you were evil, you would most likely die of circumstance: The death penalty, an eye for an eye or simply another evildoer taking your life.

Is death a bad thing? No. Death is but a doorway. While God clearly does not give us the right to kill in his commandments, he has the right because he and only he can see all ends. His wisdom is infinite.

We think now of our lives and we really realise how small the things we do day to day are.

Gods wisdom, no one but God knows it. His choices, no one but he knows them. I have simply written down what I believe. I have written down so much of what I have come to believe and conclude. While I may be wrong, I am sure I am in some way right and that whoever does read this may hopefully take something from it.

If I am correct, however, which I believe myself to be, then we should come to know, that we really do not need to fear anything. Live and be happy.

Be good, be kind - though of course, we cannot do this all the time because we are only human; we have many faults. We must simply be good and be kind whenever we can be. Forgive whatever we can; for God in the end will forgive us if we are truly sorry for all the evils we have done and intended.

I think the words of Ghandi have really inspired me and opened my mind to religion. While I definitely may be wrong, this is what I have been lead to conclude and believe and so, after my years of life, I now, finally, truly believe.

W.C.
Please point out any errors in my philosophy you might find, for I do want to know where others see that I am or may be wrong. I wish to improve my philosophy with anyones help that I may recieve to ‘iron out the edges’ so to speak. Thank you.

You distinguish two categories of people, the good and the wicked, but reality is neither black nor white. Save for some saints, people are good to some extent and bad to some extent, but calling them just good or bad is a blatant oversimplification. Perhaps even the religious texts do not think so: they may use the expressions “the good” and “the evil” as symbols…? How can your people be sorted and sent to hell or to heaven and not elsewhere?

Catholics seem to be aware of this problem, and that’s why they invented the purgatory.

You suppose that failed children are re-born to fit into divine blueprint whereas it seems that only chance, free will or natural laws rule the birth rate.