Why the ethics?

You are saying that ethics are justified by numbers only.

Ethics are based idividually like I said several times before. But the Majority will determine what is good or bad regardless of your person opinion. Go to an Islamic country and claim yourself Buddhist and you claim your right and they are wrong… Guess what will happen? Nothing they will go on about there lives because they believe they are right based on the majority being Islamic. You as an individual make the decision to be buddhist and should you kill someone in an Islamic country then the Islamic government will see to it that you get the proper punishment according to there laws. Laws are there for a reason and should you break those laws you are going to pay due punishment regardless of your own personal belief.

So if I live on an island with 50 people, and you happen upon it one day, and I try to kill you with a gun, and as you run away you bump into the other residents who live there and ask them to help, but they decide as the majority, not to help, and I get to you in the end, they would not be wrong to decide that?

No they would not be wrong because as a society they have chosen for some reason that I should not be there. So in there cultural ethics they chose that death is the way for me.

I’m done with this conversation, its going no where because you choose not to listen but instead keep making up situations that are easy to comprehend. Society makes the rules NOT YOU. thats the end of the Line… no more no less. If you don’t understand that then go talk to a god damn lawyer.

Lasko, you say in another letter that you are not atheist , that you believe in God.Why are you satanist, are you rebelling against god?

Your still not understanding what Satanism is. Satanism is a philosophy to me, a way of life more than a religion. I am Agnostic in the sense I seek God but have no evidence for or against God. I am not rebelling against God by being a Satanist I have no belief in God but that doesn’t mean one can’t be in persuit of God.

Pusuits should be worthwhile. Do you think your searching for god is worthwhile?

So in conclusion. A benevolant universal Spirit exists.

I said I’m in persuit of God and I believe their is a God, I never said anything about a benevolant being. For all I know there may be some Evil God who put us here for his personal torment or perhaps quiet the opposite. Actually I would be more inclined to believe myself as God, as well as you and everything else in existance. My views are sketchy on the subject of what personal God I have because My God does not exist to the world because he or she has not shown his/herself yet, or perhaps has and that God is all of us? One thing is for sure, we will never know until we die.

You did not create and sustain my life, nor did I do that for you so that would,nt be right . Perhaps we are empowered, reflections of the deity, but not a creator god ourselves. Co creators perhaps.

For all you know? This is the problem then perhaps lasko. For all you know, all that you have in your knowledge, what life has shown you, you tend to believe more that a creator would be evil. But for all I know, what I have seen in my life, is that the creator must be benevolant.

Two minds with the same concept, but one sees the dark more due to their life circumstances, one sees the light due to their temprement and attitude towards the bad things .

Are youb saying that because life has shown you bad things that you believe the deity is bad? If not, then why say straight away he is bad, why not benevolant?

I just love statements like that… :laughing:

What is it you love about it Tabula?

All the 'A’s - arrogance, audacity, assumption… And an ‘O’ - the optimism:wink:

I just love statements like the response to what I said. Its Arrogant and assumptious.

The person responding Never realizing that it was intended as a Joke for Someone else called lasko who I knew would not like the absolutness of what I said or the idea of a benevolant being.

I Said it for the comedy value because lasko and I see the humor in how very different our views are…

Its called dry wit in case you have,nt came across it before tabula.

Dear Iron Dog - you can call me Mr. Out Of Context from now on - should our paths meet once more… :confused:

And rest assured - I’ll be hanging my wit out on the line to dry a little too.

[[size=75]But it sounded so like you… :smiley:[/size]]

No problem. Bytheway did you have something to contribute to this thread or did you just stop by to call me arrogant?

What is your take on ethics then?

Pretty much the latter, I’ll have a think…

What do you think of daoism and lao zi lasko?