Marilyn Manson

Would anyone care to comment on their love or hate towards this band and its lead vocalist?

I recently picked up the best of album and find it mostly a well-put-together piece of work. Some best of albums flat out suck in a failure to put out a piece of work that…well…works. For example, I recall an old Aerosmith best of album that had two good songs…the rest were fillers.

Anyway…

The reason for this topic being in the religion folder is quite simple… If you know who Marilyn Manson is, I really don’t have to explain why it’s a topic in this forum.

I think Manson makes some interesting philosophical points towards religious views in songs such as The Fight Song and Personal Jesus

…what’s your take?

I don’t know about a lot of his songs but I enjoyed the covers he did on Sweet Dreams and Personal Jesus.
When I see him, I see someone who is versed in religious thought, meaning that perhaps he was brought up catholic or something else. It is interesting that some, like Nietzsche, who vented out a surgical attack, not just mindless hate as most “atheists”, against christianity, were the children of religious parents.
Is it the case with Manson?

Manson is a member of the Church of Satan.
…you know…those guys with the animal head masks and scary black cloaks?
His veiws for the most part reflect that fact.

Oh, and he didn’t write ‘Personal Jesus’, depeche mode did.
He does an ok cover of it, but the ‘Lolipop Lust Kill’ version is much better.

The thing about him is that he is a guy trying to make money in show business. For all I know he’s not a comic book collection and like flowers and cats. Some of his work is good and he’s got some amusing videos.

Pretty much apathy. Although, I guess it’s a little ironic that I cared enough to post that I’m apathetic.

Although I really liked the Depeche Mode version much better. Manson over did it. I think that song requires a bit more fluff to be really effective. JMO

I hate Mansons songs. I dont give a fuck about his lyrics, there are lyrics 100x more ‘in your face’ then his. Artists make lyrics to reach out and hook people into their music. Heh, fuck’em, as long as it sounds good, its good! :slight_smile:

I just hate Mansons songs because 70% of the time he sounds like he’s trying to sing while vomiting. Sounds like absoulte shit.

W.C. :wink:

Manson is an imbecile.

Quite like his videos - if only for the Gothettes in ripped pantyhose, reminds me of my early twenties. [No - I wasn’t a Gothette] and quite like most of his songs. He’s just a revamped shock-rocker, Alice Cooper/Gene Simmons(KISS) - a little bit sicker - because hey - we’re all a little bit sicker than we used to be.

Personally I think his music sucks and don’t truly believe him to be a great song writer, but I respect his point of views on Religion considering his tie to the Church of Satan.

Wonderful… I was hoping there would be some people to comment on their absolute hate for MM… now the purpose of this thread is complete… heh.

Marylin Manson is another gimmick created by the music industry. The target group, of course, being angry teenagers.

The irony is that teenage consumers think that Manson is some great rebel, fighting against the system, and with that they identify themselves with him.

Somewhere in an office in downtown Beverly Hills, a fat rich white man is laughing his ass off because he’s got everyone fooled. Manson is a puppet for another record label…getting rich off the money of foolish young consumers.

Manson is trash. Watered down Nietzsche. He should be shot, his head put into a box, and sent to the Satanic Church with a note reading- “you were saying?”

détrop,

Your posts are getting better all of the time.

I heard you the last time, dude.

Thank you, but I don’t like groupies.

Ok, that one wasn’t so good.

Worst. Band. Ever.

the horrible people, the horrible people
it’s as anatomic as the size of your steeple
capitalism has made it this way,
old-fashioned fascism will take it away

I like Manson. Not really good at explaining why I like stuff, sometimes. So, oh well.

I think you’re talking about Interscope Records… What’s almost funny about this is for a while, Manson was under Trent Reznor’s Nothing Records label, which doesn’t exist anymore for some undisclosed reason… Reznor discovered him and signed him up with Interscope and Nothing. While I have the utmost respect for what was Nothing Records, I can’t say the same about Interscope which very much embodies the definition you gave…

Just wanted to clear things up so that the words were properly directed to the fatasses instead of Trent…

hahahahaha :laughing:

manson made me happy
manson made me sad
manson made me donuts
and i turned into a fag