Does metal music has influence on the religion?

There are some kinds of ‘metal’, mainly death, black, trash, where lyrics just ‘cry’ messages for hell, devil and so on. I’m christian, but I listen all kinds of metal. Do you think that listening to this kind of music is an obstacle of my religion? Can I be true christian when I listen to metal? Because I like this music because of the sound, I don’t get right into the satanic lyrics. How do you think?

You are probably going straight to hell, without even passing go.
See you there, save me a good parking spot if you get there before me, k?

Unless you’re a Stappist, then no.

Music effects your spiritual or religious self similarly to how it effects plants.

dovesong.com/positive_music/ … iments.asp

Come to think of it, I’ve noticed people in certain cults beginning to get that stunted gangly look and demonstrating smaller leaves or human attributes of perception.

Just because certain genres cry the message of hell does not mean listening to it will make you go to hell. Take for example if you goto good and look up Christian Death Metal you’ll find various artists of the Death Metal Genre completely devoted to Christianity but with the Death Metal Style of Vocals and Guitars, but lyrically the message is Christian.

Btw a band - Slipknot, I think, they told on an interview that they some of them are christians, but some of their songs are with hell messages because of the fans… :unamused:

Slipknot is a joke, and anyways It is not the whole band who made the lyrics the lyrics came from the SINGER not the WHOLE of the band. Its thing like that that you must take into consideration. The Singer made the Lyrics the Instrumentalist made the Music.

Actually, some of the best songwriters don’t actually sing. A good example of a phenomenal songwriter/lyricist that doesn’t sing is Neil Pert of Rush.
But for the most part you are correct, and further, song lyrics are heavily scrutinized and edited by most record labels to boister sales.