what would it take?

question for athiests:

what, if anything, would it take for you to accept the existence of God?

questions to believers:

1. what, if anything, has made you doubt God’s existence? How serious was this doubt, for how long did it last and how did you eventually overcome it (if indeed you have)?

2. what, if anything, could ever convince you that there was no God?

Sometimes it’s hard to be believer. There is no sure way you can believe in God at 100%, because you haven’t seen him, haven’t talk to him. You just think that he exists, that makes you believer. You believe in his power, in the theory that he had created the world. So sometimes you ask yourself “How can I be sure?” But here comes the faith - bigger faith won’t let you to doubt for a long time.

If spiritual power, great energy gives me evidences that God doesn’t exist. Or if God tells me, that he doesn’t exist… but if he tells this, that means, that there IS God, so actually I can’t think of anything, that can convince me.

The theory of evolution made me doubt God’s existance for some time. It was a fairly moderate doubt that lasted around 4 years I’d say.

How did I overcome it? Well, they say if you truly look for God, you will find him. I did just that.

If I were to die and nothing happened, that would prove to me enough that there was no God… But if I just completally ceased to exist, then I can have no further opinions and therefore, cannot ever believe there is no God after my death.

So my answer to this question, is nothing. Nothing can convince me that there is no God.

W.C.

15 years ago I read a book called “Leaps of Faith” by Nicholas Humphrey. It almost had me convinced God did not exist. So I began reading other books, ultimately putting me on a philosophical quest that I didn’t even recognize as such until years later. I suppose I’m still on it. Maybe I always will be.

W.C. speaks the truth here: “if you truly look for God, you will find him.”

Funny thing is, when you find God, it’s nothing like what you expected.

And once there, you can never go back. So, no, nothing can convince me that there is no God.

Nothing could convince me that there is an all powerfull all knowing being. However, a disruption in the laws of physics that ammounted to communcation (a miracle) that I expirienced directly would convince me that there was a being much more powerful than I can imagine. So I could be convinced that a God-like being exists.

On the other hand, nothing could covince me that an all powerful all knowing being does not exist since said being would, by definition, be better at hiding than I am at seeking.

My faith is rooted in my everyday mundane reality. Everywhere I turn, God is there. Speaking to me through the eyes of a friend, whispering for me to pay attention in the smallest flower, in the Rain, in the ocean, in the gratitude for my life, everything that I have is given to me, God is with me in my conscience, in my heart. There is nothing under the sun that can destroy my love for and in God. Nothing!

A

Beautifully said, liquidangel.

And perfect for a 1000th post!

Hi

For God to be provable by Empiricism.

EZ$

That is not Faith dear, is it called the Truth :wink:
Everything you see is truth.God is everything.
Truth is that I saw David Copperfield performing Illusions, and it was nice.

Now you see how much you love yourself first, and then everything else with
exact intensity :sunglasses: Everything !

much love  :cry: