"Life According To Reason."

I found this at to reasonpublishing.com free, online and printable

LIFE ITSELF AS A MODERN RELIGION
FOREWORD

Truth is more than beauty. It is sacred - and no truth more so than that on which we base our religion.

This book is an attempt to provide rational, informed people with a credible religion - one that is natural and self-evidently in agreement with truth as we know it. It conscientiously abstains from superstition and from any willful disregard of the truth intended to prop up an ancient sanctity. My intent is to present a credible way for moderns to experience holiness and apply it to the preservation and enhancement of life, enabled, as it should be, with mutually considerate freedom.

Frightening in its prospect, we seem almost on the verge of another Dark Age. To turn back the night, we need the new light of a religion based on the fundamental truths of life itself, which is the self-evident given.

Today, we often find ourselves adrift between religions with vitiated credibility or our own shoulder-shrugging accommodations to hopelessness. I believe, however, that we have the ability to solve our problems, otherwise human life would be illogical, and nature is, if anything, precise to distant decimals.

How may we extricate ourselves from the current situation? We need to inspire ourselves with new truths, at once self-evident, so that we may accomplish the transformations necessary to secure an enlightened daily life for our own time and for as long as the earth may support humanity. They must be truths that satisfy our minds, nourish our spirits, and impel us to be knowledgeable advocates of life.

We must know that, within finitude, we may find the inspirations of a true religion, a religion that is equal to life because it is based on life itself. Then we shall be inspirited to rescue it from nuclear war and incendiary terrorism, the diminutions of pollution and overpopulation, and the depredations of ignorance.

Let us begin while we yet may. It is not, as you know, necessary to kill a tree entirely to find oneself sitting by while it continues to brown into a lifeless remnant.

Let us begin with what we know for certain: we have life. And then let us derive from that all of our beliefs. I suggest that the basic tenet of such a religion would be Faith In Life - a trust in its greatness and logic – and that it contains within it the religious expression of Faith Through Life, that through the natural care and fulfillment of life we may not only find in it considerate joy but also express our truest reverence to whatever created it. …
the rest a short book can be read by going to
toreasonpublishing.com