Gods music/The roots of all music

Again , dont be silly.

You dont believe in a spirit or heaven. You dont believe in anything similiar to me. We have nothing in common.

Im not engaging with someone who has not done even the slightest bit of spiritual preparation required to see clearly what is being said here.

I dont write this for you and those like you, do you understand that?

And if your not interested, which you have stated you are not several times before , all the more reason for you to stop reading what spiritual people say. Go and start your own thread about what you like . Leave me out of your equasion.

Stop reading my threads if your not actually interested.

Iron Dog…

I’ve heard a quote somewhere that goes something like, “You don’t have to have Cancer to understand the symptoms” and this applies very well… I don’t need to be in a religion to study a religion.

Now once again you have completely averted your attention to “get out of my thread you non-religious people”… sorry but you’ll find that regardless of who is religious or not your postd are subpar at best and don’t even seem to ever have a point… almost as if your just Copying and Pasting straight from an internet source you found so that you can appear to have knowledge of something.

Your damn right there that I’m not anything similiar to you… You have yet to answer any questions or hold any logical proof or any factual evidence to your findings or knowledge.

And quite frankly with the various kinds of posts that you present, Hermes, Satanism, Jesus, Taoism and Negro Spiritualism… I have a strong feeling not even you understand what you “BELIEVE”…

So get your act together and show everyone that you have knowledge of your own and not from some ‘book’ or internet source that you read so it must be true…

Quite frankly I’m done with this thread because once again you avoid any kind of question by saying, “I refuse to answer your question because this is a thread in which you can’t understand” even though we all understand but your not presenting an argument or conversation your just placing a “this is how it is because I read it in a book somewhere while traveling to the great beyond and found enlightenment bullshit”…

Go on and rant.
All you seem to know when things dont go your way. Rant rant.

What I said is my personal opinion ,personal preference , get over it, Im entitled to my opinion, Dont tell me what to think, and what I can do. I decide that.

And I decide I dont want to bother with having to discuss a spirit with atheists . Get over it!!

I never asked you anything in the first place . Quite frankly nothing. Quite frankly you are not welcome here.

Do you… or does God?

Translation: “you don’t agree with me, so I don’t want to talk to you”
If you are looking for a big agreeance fest you have come to the wrong place. At ILP we actually talk about things, not give one sided inflexible diatribes that we only want to see agreed with.

I knew this would happen - it is about FAITH. The African experiences relating to a higher being (which translated after years into Christian) probably from the influence of the culture they were thrust into - made it their own, and the rest is history. I think the documentation is clear when you research the history of blues and jazz… c’mon, neither originated through classical Bach, Beethoven, and Viennese Waltzes. Tell me - where else would R&B and Reggae, hip-hop etc stem from?? You cannot see any correllation between anything from the Native American or Eastern European culture - it is clearly African - the beats, the rhythm all if it is more indicative of African/American culture. Name one other culture that any of this music resembles. To me it is hands down African - I agree that the “Christian” thing came much later and is a blend of the African and European cultures making us one. SO sad- the predjudice — when music is screaming out for us to understand that we ARE just one people with a different melatonin level — but the same desires to live a good life.

God - I just reread this - after an evening of too much wine, too little sleep - I do ramble, God knows (but I mean well)…

Love and kisses to you all on a very late Saturday night… :unamused:

S

I don’t think anyone is arguing the african influence on music. What is being argued is whether or not spirituality and musical composition are mutually exclusive. I really fail to see how or why they would be.

Wow, are you actually saying that black people are musical? That’s not true in total.

Most black music that caused western forms of music came from slave blues-type stuff. That has more to do with the situation than the people. Also, rap is like an African tradition of making up songs at the end of the day about what happened during the day. Europeans were doing this on a much more complex level before they even knew what Africans were.

Also, white people invented most of the instruments that anyone ever plays.

Exactly , they are so simple it seems they cannot understand the need for likeminded people to keep something for themselves rather than flitter their time away trying to explain something to people who neither care nor understand.

Anyone with any valid interest who wants to engage I will engage with.

What part of Im not willing to engage because you know nothing about the subject dont you understand?

And this to all those who are like you.
My thoughts on negro spiritualism I came to by my own experience as a musician . Are you a musician? Do you play Jazz, reggae, funk, soul?

It is experience for me, not course books and material. Not an intellectual understanding.

At least have a reasonable knowledge of the subject before you interject. And dont be so arrogant. You cant have everything your own way now can you satanical. Quit with the huff!

Read the links I gave,
read into what is being said by the musicians there,
then come back and ask a question if you like.

Dont just turn up with " I dont understand I dont understand " , then start demanding " Why why " when I have explained to you why you will not be answered.

Do you question your mother in this way too? Do you constantly question all that she done for you as a child , needing to find a functional/selfish genetic reason for all the love she had for you?

Yes this is a philosophy forum, but there are no rules stating that we must examine and explain everything according to how academics ,

who have probably spent 8 or more years of their life studying, in something outlandish and essentially irelevant like “ethics and ontology in wittgensteins early thought” , and hang around sensible bars with beige sweaters on smoking philosophically argumentative after 3 drinks light , see it. You want everything answered to suit you.

Not that Im saying you studied wittgenstein.
But if you have not studied the matter, never mind felt subjectively the matter discussed, what is the point in me engaging with you? You cant have it all your own way.

Gobbo.
Quincy jones , the famous producer of so many other prominent soul/jazz singers and players said in an interview once that when he goes into the studio to work, he always leaves one chair empty for gods spirit to sit down on. It is a symbolic gesture from a musically powerful man.

His mentality, as it has been for the other greats, has been the thing that created greatness. It should encourage us to ask, where do thought actually come from. This is worth investigation.

Its all in your mind lasko! There is no truth to what you believe about me.
You cant even see the absurdity and contradiction of what you are saying right now.

The fact I mention hermes, is because I studied the emerald tablets, and I feel hermes wisdom. I transcend books, I practice magic, i dont theorize about it. I do it! . And I well aware of the activities of the order of the golden dawn. Because I am part of it. Amongst many other things. Thats all you need to know.

I know about satananism, because I,ve read the bible, spoken to satanists, read the torah, read all the worlds religious books and understood the concept of an evil entity. And seen that it does not represent anything like an actual devious entity.

But better, I have experienced evil. And this gives rise to my opinion on satanism. That with the ecclectic mix of what I have learned from ancient syrian tribes to modern day christians.

I know about taoism because I do martial arts, and train my mind using daoist/samurai style techniques. And have studied the way as a matter of personal interest for years now.

I know about negro spiritualism because I have listened to this music my whole life , and I play soul/funk/ and jazz music with a band. I play several instruments. I am educated , talented ,spiritual ,and given respect by those who matter.

This is why I speak about the things I do. They are not an intellectual understanding that someone like yourself would have. It is experience as well as being academically informed and taught by masters of different traditions.

Oh for Godsake, does everything have to be a huge nasty argument? Listen, I am a musician too and I have had the same experience - (good one on Quincy, btw… IronDog.) Bottom line, I don’t see what there is to dispute here. Look at his links - proof is in the pudding to me. I am still amazed that their is any ranting at all. And Ad, it has nothing to do with the actual manufactured keys on the piano or intricately carved sticks on a snare, but the people behind them making these instuments come alive. I despise anyone (including myself) who makes gross generalizations but c’mon: Did you say that blacks aren’t musical? Make me want to cry laughing.

IronDog (I still think ya have it going on) God, I wish Elvis could chime in here because he would agree with you.

Yes. very predicatable. Only reason these types come to these threads, ironically, is because they have no real conviction in what they themselves believe.

Otherwise they would not feel the urge to argue and debate what they hold dear with people who they already know disagree on the fundamentals.

For example if you are so cock sure that I am wrong, why bother arguing with me unless you are unsure?

Notice that I only mention many of these ideas. I dont wish to discuss them really. They are put out for anyone who is unaware of these things and it may help.

Check my thread history, I dont have a history of asking too many questions that I need an answer to , not because Im an arrogant misled loner , but because Im happy with what I,ve found.

It works. And is the same formula as all the great sages I love and respect used . And it suits me, it works very well.

But because they dont have that, they ask questions constantly.

Faith and belief is supposed to build happiness. If your faith is leaving you dry then so be it. But Honestly it like a child tugging at your shirt needing explanations all the time. Go off and experience something. Actually Learn something about the spiritual life before coming to absurd conclusions.

She is quite right. Stop creating arguments, you are being lazy, read the links given . Make an effort at least.

Ahh, there you go assuming again. You know, there are other ways to reach conclusions without the use of assumption…you might want to look into it.

First of all, you have not demonstrated knowledge or presented any information that would lead anyone to believe you know what you are talking about, and from that position trying to claim the ignorance of another is worthless.
As a matter of fact, I DO understand music. I have been playing bass and drums since I was 15. I understand the dynamic, and the creative process.
This is the reason I am questioning you, becuase I DO know what I am talking about and I DISSAGREE.

That is a very telling statement. If you can not even CONCIEVE of someone debating their opinions and beliefs because they are interested in testing them and ocasionally coming across something insightful to change those opinions and beliefs, If you think a belief position is something to be guarded and defended, if you aren’t open to having your opinions changed…you are mentally stagnant. You aren’t growing, because you think you are already there. That makes me better than you.

Ok. See u then.