tremble, believers: here's a new proof of God's nonexistence

Believers hold that God is both all-powerful and worthy of love (is not it?).

But this is not possible as made clear by considering the question: “Can God sin”?

If God cannot sin, he cannot be praised for being God, because he has no choice. For someone to be praised (or blamed), he must be responsible, and this supposes free will, and this supposes that what he does could have not be done.

If God can sin, it means that flaws and weakness have some grip over him, and this can’t be reconciled with omnipotence.

Therefore, God cannot be both things. A God who is both things cannot exist.

A childs toy can not sin, but can be worthy of love.
Such things exist.

No, he is not worthy of love. To be worthy of something, one must make the good choice. So one must have the choice.

One can love someone just because he thinks that it is right to love, but it does not mean that those who are loved deserve it. One can choose to love his foe, who is wicked.

An inanimate thing is worthy of love if it is of good quality, but in another sense it is not worthy of love, that if, of the kind of love we have for people.

But that is what is unique about love - the object of affection does not need to be worthy. A parent gives their children unconditional love, even if they murder.

“Do as I say, not as I do.”

Only God, if anyone, can forsee all ends.
Sins are us, breaking his rules. His rules are not meant for himself. He made rules for us because we, unlike him, cannot forsee all ends.

Since then, sin’s are made only for us [to our knowledge], he cannot commit sin no matter what he does. Do as I say, not as I do.

W.C.

Not everyone. Perhaps research traditional chinese notions of a god before making this false claim.

Ok, excluding Traditional Chineses… Yes this would be the case, but then again Christianity Loves AND Fears the God almighty from Heaven. It is in that fear that tends to keep them… At bay with the realization of their sins and at the mercy of God.

Why exclude? Perhaps traditional chinese views of a god are the reality of the situation. So therefore get us closer to understanding the matter.

According to some he can yes.

Perhaps give up on the hopeless delusions that you inherited from your christian past and realize that the truth always was simpler and easier to get to grips with. Instead of a constant march against christianity and its traditional view of god.

Well in almost every sense of what you said Iron Dog… Everything is traditional when it comes to Religion… Traditional Chinese religion is a traditional view of God… same with Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Paganism, etc etc etc every religion is a traditional view on God. And every religion has its march against its God…

" Back down Iron Dog, stay out of my Threads and I’ll stay out of yours. I’ve already submitted my request to have you removed from the religious forums and have alot of members backing me up.

If all goes through as planned you’ll only be able to post in the Mundane Babble forum. This is really your own doing… had you tried to be civil and actually CONDUCT a conversation rather than attack everything about the threads then maybe things would have been different.

Have a good day and I hope you enjoy life as a small minded creature. Oh yeah and don’t reply to this as I’m setting up my account to block all PM’s from you. Have a nice day "

What a laugh you are Lasko. LOL

This is not your thread you either son, so keep quiet.

I’m sorry but your a bit off topic. But please if you wish to continue you can post in Mundane Babble or the Rant House where that kind of post belongs…I’m not going to have a pissing contest with you because your not worth the time any more… This situation will resolve in a proper manner through the Admins…

Now back to the Topic at hand.

I find this to be the most controversial topic when it comes to the topic of religion, “Can God Sin?”, “Can God create something not even S/He can lift?”… Its all speculation as to whether or not S/He can do it, but as to Can God Sin, well…

To me yes God can Sin…I say this because being the humans we are we feast on previous experiences to learn… As we were created in the image of God then is it not safe to assume that God can experience Sin as well?

Now as that is very debatable… it would make sense… if he were human but he is not.

Please do not send me any more offensive messages to me lasko. I have asked you not to write to me already. Stop stirring up trouble, Im telling you here in case you dont recieve my private message. Grow up.

As I said before please stay on Topic and if you have any posts such as your previous and current posting on this thread that do not stay on topic please use the Rant House or Mundane Babble forum

Thanks and have a nice day   :slight_smile: 

On the issue at hand for this Thread I would say explaining the ultimate existance of God can really go both ways… Strictly because the human mind cannot perceive past what is Time/Space/and current visual perception… We cannot see through the eyes of God the beholder of the Universe because as far as we can tell… There are no Eyes to look through, Only the Bible. Futile attempts to explain the universe have come and gone and will come and Go for eternity.

The Ultimate truth of it all is that everyday thousands of people find out the truth the moment they die. Right now as your reading this… someone is finding out for us, if God is real… The sad part is we cannot know because they cannot tell.

There is a song by Imagika (sp?) I believe that says, “The living only see whats i front of them, but the dead… they see all” and I would say this comes into play here as a sense of the dead who go to heaven know all as they as now enlightened with the state of glory amongst God… but us as the living we can only see whats in front of us… we cannot perceive whats after us.

I think we have to understand that “Believers” give God these attributes, but whether they are so is something we don’t really know or understand. The “nature” of God is something unknown behind the metaphor “God”.

I think we tend to give the Ultimate Reality attributes that we take from our lives and that we would like to see a “God” to have. These attributes are really more of an expression of what we are collectively conscious of being morally acceptable in humanity. It all has a pedagogic effect, trying to bring an unripe humanity to ripeness by showing what maturity could be – which, I assume, is what “God” would be.

But if my assumption is right, maturity is one of the few attributes that we can give God with a reasonable chance of accuracy. But even here, do we know? Genesis is said to present an immature God in the story of Adam and Eve, indicating that he is practising with mankind before it all goes terribly wrong. Can we know who is right?

For me it is enough to say that “God is …” and I refuse to tremble, since I can’t see a new proof of God’s nonexistence :unamused:

Shalom

Hello

I like your point but I feel you need to work on it some more. Like use the I think it is Job, correct me if I’m wrong, were God makes a bet with the Devil that no matter what he does to Job that Job will still have faith in God. That surelly shows that God cannot be all good. Or what is the story where for God a guy goes and almost sacrafices his son because God wanted him to? Well if I’m wrong on any of my stories then I’m sorry. It is a boring read so I don’t remember a lot.

EZ$

God is Illusion created by reality, and reality is Illusion created by God.
Everything that exist is God, including You. And You are all that Matters.
Sin is another Illusion created by Reality, Truth is, everything that exist is
Good. It is plain Math, multiply God with zero(which is # for Everything), and result is good. :wink:
If I got state of mind that you got, I would rather do something else
then debating existence of Air, with religious fanatics.
Remeber, don’t seek knowledge of good and evil, because you will end up
chasing your imagination. And I am sure, you know better. :wink:

much love for your life !