Order vs Freedom

Catholics know that we are to bend to the will of the Church whenever our thoughts cross path with the mighty Insitution. that is not to say we are all to become brainless, but that on important religious issues, the authority of the Church insitituted by St Peter himself overides our personal opinions. Our Faith is in the Church founded by St Peter, he himself holds the key to Heaven, a point made very explicit in the Gospel according to Matthew. Thus by authority our freedom is supressed in favour of order. I believe we ought to supress ourselves for the common good, a point emphasised by Jesus, through our love for one another we head in the right way.

As in all things, we exist only temporarily, as fragments in the liturgy of the church, the whole is above the subjects. when the question of order vs individual freewill is concerned, the order prevails no matter how controversial the decision may be, we are to succumb to the Church in relation to abortion, and euthansia.

We are not brainless animals in conforming to Church doctrine, rather we are preserving the unity that strengthens the Catholic faith.

Hi PoR

I’m not a Catholic but am very respectful of its arising and its initial purpose for being. However, I do believe the exoteric sides of it has lost its purpose having become infatuated with power.

So in theory, if it were striving towards its initial purpose of human transformation, a person desiring such, must obey the teaching. However, if the exoteric church is a shell or a degeneration of its esoteric being and demonstrated by striving for power, it is only the intellect that makes one aware of it.

AS a functioning adult and when there is choice, it is only wise to obey when you know what you obey provides what is needed.

I agree completely with Simone Weil as to the church:

cesnur.org/2002/slc/bauer.htm

freedom to sin and order of virtue
yes and no
we have the right of speech so why is saying god’s name in vain wrong if it’s freedom of speech?.