A CHRISTIAN MINISTER’S CONVERSION TO ISLAM

Dr. Jerald F. Dirks
Former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church. He holds a Master’s degree in Divinity from Harvard University and a Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Denver. Author of The Cross and the Crescent: An Interfaith Dialogue between Christianity and Islam (ISBN 1-59008-002-5 - Amana Publications, 2001). He has published over 60 articles in the field of clinical psychology, and over 150 articles on Arabian horses.

Read his story plus see the PICs of his certificates. see link.

thetruereligion.org/modules/xfse … icleid=241

looks like flood

looks like found the (Truth).

:sunglasses: [size=200]WOW[/size]

i doubt truth…just a world full of liars and believers to me (shrugs) no offense anyone.

good point, though people who change religion does pose an interesting point to the hard core empiricist. But still people change their mind often on other matters (of ignorance) i.e. astrology. why should equally nonsensical religious matters be different?

When someone switches from one logically irrelevant and utterly arbitrary delusional belief system to another, equally arbitrary delusional state, why should that raise any eyebrows?

Heh, I like the way you worded that. Well said.

YAWN, I am too tired to find the light. Time for a glass of wine and a good book.

best quote ever.

really, if you have the culpability to believe in angels and demons, what’s to stop you from believing that some guy 1800 years ago (roughly) could talk to god, and wrote down what he was saying? then he has the gall to claim that he is believing in the same god as Abraham, Moses and Jesus?

First:

The god of the new testament is DIFFERENT than the god of the old testament. That is WHY jews did not accept the Pagan teachings of christ. Do you think Baptisms are a jewish practice? they were taught by christ, and Islam respects christ but ignores this teaching.

Second:

The god of the old testament is VERY similiar to ALLAH in regards to his acceptable level of violence. It’s ok to kill that other tribe that doesn’t believe in me. It’s ok to loot and rape in my name.

remember one of the old testament laws, is that “though shalt not have any other god but me” ME being YHWH, not ALLAH or “heavenly father”.

This is why Jews will never accept Christianity or Islam, and is why once you’re locked into Islam, unless you go to being an Atheist or Agnostic, your stuck there… That’s the “one true belief”.

BTW, have you heard of Joseph Smith? He claimed god and jesus spoke to him as well.
and he even transcribed a book (like mohammed) to prove it. He claimed that “his is the one true religion”.

Why believe your prophet over him?

You like most people, tend to overlook the things that disprove your belief system, while pointing at the cracks in other belief systems.