Symbolism of the sphinx

" And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle " Revelation 4:6-8

There is no disputing the fact that the sphinx of egypt was built specifically to convey astrological wisdom .

And The pyramids themselves have been found by scientists to exactly reflect the positioning of certain constellations in space . For example the Giza pyramids are aligned with the constellation of Orion .

See this link below for further detail of this alignment.

infinitetechnologies.co.za/a … ramid.html

Also , they have also found this with pyramids in south america built by the inca and aztec indians.

You will see from the description St John gives above of heavens host , that the hebrew tradition carried on ancient egyptian beliefs and practices in astrology. Because the description of the beasts matches perfectly the beasts found on the sphinx .

This is how we know christs teachings contain kabbalistic elements , because kabbalistic wisdom is linked to hermes trigmesterus , the egyptian king who wrote the emeral tablets , as a science .

See the link below to look at the emerald tablets .
crystalinks.com/emerald.html

A science St John details very clearly {although it must be said not so clear to many people down through the ages especially the church }

The sphinx has a head of a man , body pf a bull , paws of a lion , and wings of an eagle .

These four beasts are symbols of the fixed cross of the zodiac. The first beast is a lion - the symbol of Leo , the second a bull , Taurus , third a man - symbol of Aquarius, and fourth a flying eagle, symbol of Scorpio.

But scorpio is a scorpion you protest!

Yes , but not so in ancient egypt , its constellation was represented by an eagle .

The four beasts of the revelations that St John mentions are symbolic of air, aquarius , water , scorpio , earth , taurus , and fire , leo .

Air , earth , water , and fire . Therefore as you see the egyptians were trying to convey wsdom of the elements , creation , the building blocks of life . As St John was .

You need to read Alice A. Bailey for about two years, and then when your mind it totally fried, get back to us. :slight_smile:

I’m only half-joking.

Dunamis

How can you tell the Sphinx has the body of a bull, anyways? I’ve never heard that before- why can’t it be the body of a lion, to go with it’s lion feet?

EDIT: Also, you say that the Egyptians used a eagle as the symbol for Scorpio. Can you reference this? According to the Dendara Zodiac, they used a scorpion just like the Greeks.

Then its only half funny …friend .

Good, you take it the way I meant it. If you actually have or do read her, you’d realize though that she is a 6 lane interstate highway right up your alley.

Dunamis

“I,ll try to remember that!”