Is Jesus mankind's evolutionary prototype?

The answer is yes. Surprisingly, it turns out Jesus is the evolutionary prototype for mankind’s next evolutionary leap - exactly fulfilling the evolutionary requirements for such a prototype. A mutant at birth, and as such was the first member of a new species who proved his staying power by being resurrected. As such members of the old species are faced with the choice of transforming and becoming like Jesus or becoming extinct.

If evolution is true then who in history would be a prototype for human evolution? Who was different at birth and who is the greatest survivor? Jesus is the most logical choice, no one else in history has had as much influence - but evolutionists stop being evolutionists at this point and become blind zealots in the cause ignorance.

While Jesus did not procreate - his “genes” are in billions of people. In accepting Jesus he becomes a part of us and we become a part of him. Each of us becomes a new person with new qualities that we inherit from him. A babe in the womb has the qualities of both its mother and its father. When we accept Jesus, God becomes our new and eternal father. And as new beings each of us takes up the qualities of Jesus. Jesus is loving and forgiving and we become like him. Jesus has already died and risen to eternal life and from union with Jesus we inherit everlasting life.

In being born again we are incorporating into our being someone who has died and yet lived again. It is like incorporating the genetic ability to overcome death - accepting Jesus brings to us his immortality.

If one’s bothers to actually study where Darwin got his idea’s you will find that it was from his grandfather and the Victorian society around him. There is a one to one correlation of themes between Christianity and Evolution. This is no accident; Darwin took from Christian thought and simply gave things a different name. For example redemption became survival and so on. The main differences are the Christianity is concerned with the redemption of the unfit and Evolution then focused on the survival of the fittest (that is until it became PC incorrect). The other main difference is that in Christianity God is in charge whereas in Evolution things happen by chance.

Are you familiar with the work of Teilhard de Chardin? He has some similarity in thought.

Note that only the Church (and Christian culture) will evolve your way.
But you put the thought in such an interesting manner.

Agape,
mrn

Yes I am, what do you think is my way?

As I understand it, “your way” is actually orthodox, but put in pseudo-scientific language.

So true.

my real name wrote:

Sorry to tangent, but are you being absolute in that only the Church or Christian culture can evolve your way, or are you referring it to no1nose’s post wherein to evolve by his theory you would have to be Christian and of that church? I truly hope it to be the latter, for all religions express truth. Even Jesus said Gentiles could enter in.

Jesus tapped into the fullness of human potential.

Interesting point. That is part of the mystery of the Church.

When I wrote the post, all I meant was that the Church is called out of the world. That we can’t expect general society (“the world”) to go Christ’s way on it’s own. (I resist the temptation to compare this with Hegel on the World Spirit – which would no doubt get me in trouble.)

mrn

Dan says:

If Jesus was able,
he should have had sex with all of the female fallowers he had that were single… if he had superior genes that is. Teaching is one thing, but humping is another!
:smiley:
Go Jesus go!

Serious responces please Dan

I was joking but dead serious!
If Jesus had very good genes then wouldnt if be better if we all eventualy did? He was “perfect” and from what i was told, he did not have desease or old age either. Imagine if we had that geneticaly? Id say having 500+ sex partnerz would have done humanity more good then preaching in alot of ways, thought he could have done both.

But anyways, i guess he didnt come here for that did he?..
:confused:

Christinity is about being born again.

Being “born again” is an opportunity to choose who your father is. And who you will merge you present identity with. The first time you were born you were denied these two choices. When you were conceived you had no choice who would be your father or what your new identity would be.

In accepting Jesus he becomes a part of us and we become a part of him. Each of us becomes a new person with new qualities that we inherit from him. A babe in the womb has the qualities of both its mother and its father. When we accept Jesus, God becomes our new and eternal father. And as new beings each of us takes up the qualities of Jesus. Jesus is loving and forgiving and we become like him. Jesus has already died and risen to eternal life and from union with Jesus we inherit everlasting life.

I dont think that knowing about his name is a pre-requisite here because pleanty of people through all time knew nothing about Jesus. Religions often claim that the solution to your greatest problems lies in a belief and not an actual understanding of all of life’s problems. Ive read and been read to many things about Jesus and i try to be a good person but now i want to base my morals more on scientific facts of human needs rather then bible commandments.

I think that faith is the easy way out, and actualy understanding life as a human is the hard way. Through time i have realized that faith and obediance are the only factors in religion and once you join that gang your “saved”, were as i also noted a lack of wisdom and balance and sanity and truth in the religion that i was such a member of for so long.

Our goal is clear, but our methods differ.
So many years of my life id spent reflecting upon, reading about, writing about and praying about the truth of life and God. Somewere down the line i stopped being so judgemental and religious, because that was arrogance/cult-crap.

Dan~ wrote:

Religion is simply a way. One of many. Often times, really more than often, religious leaders dont truly understand the meaning behind the text they preach and speak on. They offer everlasting life with good intentions, but dont fully understand what it takes to get there. You must create your own religion and obtain your own truth through and for yourself. You are the closest thing that can get to God. Jesus is used in order to facilitate this connection for those who cant connect on their own.

no1nose wrote:

Your absolutely right. But when I say that, I mean it. You actually have to become Christ like to inherit everlasting life; its not as easy as most people believe.

Bless you

Jesus was too liberal to survive in todays society. Oddly enough, the christian majority would be the first to condemn one such as him.
A prototype for humanity? In a society full of ‘jesus’s’ there would be no progress, no ambition, no stratification.
Just one big egalitarian fuzzy medium where everyone is content with everything
Blech, how repugnant. I would rather not be part of such a ‘humanity’

This is very true . I believe the average christian and muslim mindset is similar to those who actually murdered Christ , the sadducees and pharisees .

Just they cant see it

Dr. Satanical wrote:

Yes there would. Thats all there would be. Do you feel were progressing now? We’re falling off. Technology may seem to be progressing, but socially were regressing and deteriorating. No ambition? Are you serious, without negativity all there can be is positive growth. There will still be things left to acheive, life is all about growth, and grow we will. No stratification? So it seems, but just because we will all perceive each other as equal or we wont have any power hungry maniacs who are attempting to control everything, leaving others in a position of dearth, doesnt mean there wont be any stratification; it will simply be based on better values, and more importantly, no one will have a problem with it.

Jesus was the epitome of how humans should and most importantly, are capable of being. We are worth more than this worthless physical existence, and if you dont want to accept it, then you wont make it past it. Im not sure, but Ive bet you’ve got a lot of hurt inside, but it doesnt have to be that way, you’re intelligent and you know you can change, why continue with the same self defeating thoughts?

Disciple of light wrote:

I’ll second that!

rofl
Are you for real?