Evil and the dual nature of God

Hi dear cyberphilosophers,

Perhaps to face the problem of evil from a theistic viewpoint, one has to get his inspiration from hinduism. Instead of saying that God is all-good and all-powerful in all respects, why couldn't we say that God has a dual nature. In some respect, God is an impersonal entity, beyond all known determinations, neither conscious nor unconscious, neither good nor bad. From God as an impersonal force springs the world with all its strengths and its flaws. I think that Hume is right when he says that the ordinary evidence available to all of us points to an indifferent God (if God were really wicked as some atheists think, there would be far more evil). But it is just ONE face of God. 

In another respect, God is a personal being, who manifests himself through saints (like Padre Pio) and perhaps lets us know him in holy books or in religious experiences. The existence of saints, besides the existence of ordinary things, is a testimony of the personal dimension of God.

When one says that God is beyond our understanding and that he is shrouded in mystery, one is speaking of the impersonal dimension of God. But when one is says that God resembles us, one is speaking of the personal dimension of God.

Thus, instead of believing in Trinity, one should believe in “Duality”.

First of all, I enjoyed this post. It provides for much insight.

Sâmkhya wrote:

I understand the logic here, but in consideration of the more impersonal God, or how I would perceive it the unlimitable God that cant be contained by any conception rather than that of infinity, I dont believe its more indifference rather than peacefulness. The infinite God is at peace, all of creation moves along itself from this apex vantage point.

You also wrote:

Considering God is that impersonal aspect as well as all that is below it, the personal aspect, wouldnt this allude to the fact that the more impersonal aspect does participate, just at the lower levels. When you speak of saints or those who represent the higher moral nature of man which appears to be God-like, these saints exist in order to push the lower man along in order to grow to the heights of these saints, and eventually further. Gods apex existence doesnt sit idle, for He, not being singular in the sense that our language suggest, is made up of many more personal but less individual existences that aid in the growth of the more personal existences that believe they are separate from God as individuals.

I understand your view of duality, but I believe you are more so focusing on the two extremes of God. What about that existence of God that is in all things in and at both extremes? The spirit of God.