Is life linear or circular, what is the way to truth?

Science leads to religion and religion leads to science.
Freedom leads to laws and become slaves, and laws and slaves leads to the desire of freedom.

For some reason your post reminded me of that song.

Science doesn’t lead to religion… science is a religion. It’s a religion of common sense.

Theologically speaking it doesn’t care about god, and doesn’t care to try to explain god. God is ineffable, therefore out of reach from science.

In some ways i agree that science can fit in with contemporary anthropological definitions of religion (particularly Cliff Geertz’s), but that doesn’t make all of science a religion. There are too many things involved to say simply “yes it is a religion” or “no its not”.
Also, if you look at the case of Charles Darwin, science did lead to religion.

Now, back to the question of life being circular or linear. It’s a bit of both. Sometimes, we repeat things, sometimes we don’t.

In what way does religion lead to science and viceversa? Please give more details…
Life doesn’t seem that linear or circular to me.Phenomena indeed repeat themselves cyclicly, but every time with a touch of novelty. Furthermore, I think that observing life alone is a most pleasured occupation. Glimpsing at the truth behind the apparent monotonous phenomena, hinting at the noumena is, again a delightful activity. Some call it philosophy.

Apart from that, I think it’s a little rash to say that science is religion. Don’t forget that the main tool of science is reason, which isn’t the case of religion.
[/i]

Time is linear, it always moves forward, however life can be cyclic, because so many people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. :confused:

Truth is concept that is little understood and often misused, for personal gain. Human beings are not in a privileged position to use truth as they see fit, truth is what must be faced as it is presented and the one facing must accept as it is. Truth in its fundamental form is objective and therefore, independent of one’s opinion, mold it and shape to fit our subjective position is not our right. Since truth is independent of man’s objections, then its source must be from a higher being. Though God is the source of all truth He is not truth itself, because God is not conceptual idea, He is a being, necessary to our existence and all of creation.

Life is linear for the philosopher, most anyway, but it is circular for the herd. The herd leads a pointless life of eating, rooting, sleeping, producing and consuming. The philosopher always has his eyes, ears and mind pinned for new ways to be enlightened.

Life is neither linear nor circular. It’s curly-wurly.

The way to truth ? Truth ? You mean the concordance between an assertion and its object ? Why, the path to truth meanders through the critical garden, of course…