The Way of the whale

Hello F(r)iends,

LA, what are you talking about?

You pointed out that the whale made a decision to give us a symbolic act!
You pointed out that the whale was “revealing” something to us…
You inferred that what is occuring is that our mistreatment of the earth must be revealed
You assert that these revealations are a sort of “balancing

I found it ironic that we try to save the whales and now the whales are going to save us! They are giving us the signs in an attempt to alert us of our disbalance–a disbalance that will surely lead to our doom. Those fucking whales are great!

Nowhere did I claim anything beyond what you were suggesting. I merely restated your assertions in a clear enough manner so that non-mystics would understand. Now, that you don’t like to speak plainly is your business; that once you read your own position in plain terms and perhaps find it embarrassing is not my issue…

Respectfully,

-Thirst4BrilliantWhales

You’re right Thirst. I jumped to conclusions. Guess I’m too sensitive of late.

I apologise.

A

Hello F(r)iends,

No, LA, perhaps you are correct.

I should learn to speak unconventionally in order to maximize understanding…

I’ll try harder next time.

-Thirst

EDIT:

Ah, but I do speak plainly. I was of course referring to unconventional ideas man, not unconventional language. If there are those who do not understand, it is not because I don’t specify, it is because those do not understand. I am not embarrassed of my position. Said like that, your perspective makes total sense. Why wouldn’t a whale take the position of teacher?

:smiley:

A

One of my favorite contentions, laid out in many a vitriolic discourse over the technological “advances” of mankind has always been: If homo sapien is the apex of creation, this is a sad fucking affair we are all involved in. I will never leave that thought aside.

My wife had the opportunity to “Swim with dolphins” in San Diego. I can say honestly and without shame, even after all our years together, she was of a mind that animals were lesser creatures. That 4 hours with dolphins changed that, thankfully.

My wife is never one to show “metaphysical” beliefs, being highly pragmatic and practical. She didn’t understand how a “lesser being” could command such respect and empathy from her, (she became acutely aware of the fact that although she enjoyed the experience, the dolphins made it clear that their captivity was something unnatural to them).

I never said a word to her about, other than, “think about it”. It took visit to the doctor for her to figure it out. Two of the dolphins had gently and repeatedly proded at her lower abdomen while she was in the pool with them. Her OB/G pointed out she had masses of ovarian cysts. Enough of the story though.

There are creatures on this planet suffering from our pointless avarice and planetary desication. They are aware, highly aware, all too often of the futility of their own existence in the face of the “ultimate” forward seeing, backward thinking predator.

Unfortunately, humans don’t learn lessons as a species, we learn them individually, and even then, there are those who continue to disagree. We won’t undo what we have done, or even make the real attempt to do so, until it is far too late. History, sadly, is on my side.

We learn our lessons individually but collectively we realise.

If we think we cannot change then of course we cannot change. All change is first created in our minds. Do you want it? How badly do you want it? If we truly were able to be aware of every single thought we have, we would truly become aware of our power to create. Create our lives, our world. Frankly it is up to you to make the change. We are those. If we wait for someone else then it ain’t gonna happen. Take responsibility.

Our thoughts are the very essence of creation.

A

Perhaps for those who seek to allow creation to manifest their existence dear angel. But this is where philosophical objectivity comes into play:

It has been clearly understood since Ptah Hotep, (according to him, in his own words, even before his time), that those who seek knowledge and understanding in the world are the limited and few, not the majority.

I cannot, and will not waste my mortal existence, attempting to bring clarity to the herded mass of fools who comprise the greatest majority of this world. They are far too many in number, and wholly unwilling to deal with the macrocosm of the world, the are too busy trivializing existence with mundane trevails of basic existence.

Add to that the fact that I have zero diplomatic ability, I am not capable of swaying politicians, so my second avenue is closed.

I can foolishly hope for the best, but again, history is on my side: Humanity doesn’t learn lessons until the ultimate holocaust occurs, then the dramatic grieving, weeping, sobbing takes place to set the stage for self pity because we, as a species, just don’t get it, and never have.

Sorry if I am sounding harsh, but we do not work to create an all encompassing reality. We work to create the reality that is best for us in our insipidly inane microscosmic fashion.

I understand Mastriani.

But really one only needs to take responsibility for one’s own actions. It is in this act that naturally others are inspired by your example. The signs are there for all of us to read, if only the sign readers can read then it is they who should take responsibility.

I wonder if the divinities have said: “There is nothing more that we can do”. I imagine that they continue to send signs even in the face of disaster until the very end, until man cannot take one more breath. They do not desert us, we should do what we can.

Have you heard the story of the little bird who’s forest was on fire? He fetched water in his beak and sprayed it on the forest. Another animal came along and said: “How stupid of you. You are so small, what can you do?” The little bird said: “My family is in there, I must do what I can, I cannot stand by and do nothing.”

The entire world is my family, how can I stand by and do nothing? Surely the signs are for all to read?

A

I can’t disagree with what you are saying angel. I know it is true. Perhaps my negativism is created by the enormity of the situation, and a feeling of smallness in relation. I will think about this for some time.

edited

Well done W. J. That says it all.

Yes indeed WJ. Indeed.

A

Hi WJ,

Thats one of those quotes that I would have liked to have made, very fitting!

Shalom

Hello F(r)iends,

This is precisely how I feel about vegetables…
We have made slaves of these nations, their pain and death means our survival.

-Thirst

edited

Hello F(r)iends,

Dear W.J.,

Allow me to apologize for the confusion. I never meant to suggest that you quoted Beston in less than fully earnest intentions. My interest in this thread was to serve as the antagonist. If, in doing so, you think I have impugned your intentions then I now declare truthfully that I too found your choice to speak through Beston’s words very eloquent and noble.

Sincerely,

-Thirst

I agree with Beston… when we have a wiser view of animals, we can begin to have a wiser view of mankind.

I would say that it’s a reflection of how we treat the human heart. Many people don’t give a damn about the human race, and think that no amount of toxins are going to affect the weather or the earth, or the creatures on it.

How soon we forget the past, and the mad hatters…

It’s been said that we should try to limit our fish servings to 2 - 3 a week possibly less, there’s traces of mercury in all fish even farmed. Is it a stretch of the imagination to say that this whale had “mad hatters” disease?

AKA, mercury poisoning?

Liquid, I’m not sure it’s anything mystical. Probably just the result of western governments’ militaries testing high-powered radar systems in the ocean, deafening the sea life. (It might be poisoned oceans too, but isn’t the Temes notoriously dirty?)

I’d like to take this opportunity to say “hi” to all our friends at the NSA who are probably monitoring this post. No doubt will go on my permanent file, and I will be under suspicion of being either a communist or an eco-terrorist.

There are less than 5% of the world’s fish left in the oceans. Perhaps we should limit our fish servings to 0?

A

There has been a huge effort to clean up the Thames in the past few years. It is now a lot cleaner than it used to be say 4 or 5 years ago.

I’m not really suggesting anything mystical here. I’m suggesting that nature provides signs. Now signs imply something that is written. If it is written then it must be plain for us to see. Surely we need to learn to read no? An out of the ordinary indication that we are indeed all One thing. I have a reputation around here for being all mystical like. Nonsense, I’m most practical. If respecting nature and I include all creatures as well as human beings and what each creature has to offer in this dance of life is mystical, well then yes, I’m a mystic. I can’t help but ask certain questions. If there are questions there must be answers. I don’t see how any of this is mystical.

Welcome to the police state, coming soon to a country near you!

A