How does the homeless survive?

where do they get shelter when a storm is coming? How does God feed the poor?

The bible says, " People are poor because they are ignorant of their own doings" However it also says, " He can truly learn things"

Grammar Police: “Does the Homeless” implies there is only one homeless person, and everyone knows him/her.

Do the homeless”

Welfare looks after the homeless, or doesn’t, charity workers help a few more, or don’t, and I bung someone a couple of quid when I’m in the mood, or forget. The homeless live precariously, anybody’s fault…? Theirs…? Ours…? The current social structure’s…? Or just bad fucking luck…? But that’s about as deep as it goes.

Tab4CountingHisBlessings

Hello F(r)iends,

Who cares? Not me. :slight_smile:
The homeless of the United States should be left to their own devices.

In the bible, god provides instructions about the poor to his believers… Love your neighbor as yourself and all that…

Where does it say that? Book, chapter, and verse, please.

Where does it say that? Book, chapter, and verse, please.

-Thirst

Seuss “Oh the places you’ll go” …grumble… wrong book…

-Imp

Can one remember what book or chapter or verse when they have it long years ago?
What good will it do to dispute it with exact quotes?
Are you not rational enough to discern what the passages mean?
Or are you really clueless on everything that you carry a dictionary with you?

Can you not understand the means? Come on now, why be a critic while we can be friends? How can we truly learn things by pinpointing on things, is it not that this man is a slave to system?

Hello F(r)iends,

Dear f(r)iend, the reasons I ask you to reference your quote are as follows:

1. I doubt that your statement or anything close to it is found in the bible.
  2. I suspect you are making it up; i.e., perhaps you are confused and can’t recall even the approximate details.
  3. If you can provide the information in the bible we can move towards answering your question.
  4. Perhaps you meant the Hobo Bible… :smiley:

Your F(r)iend,

-Thirst

I don’t know what do you mean by hobo bible.
As far as I know I there are are more than 1 kind of bible, the other one.

About the qoutes I can’t tell you. If I can tell you but you will take it as an approach. Let say if this passage doesn’t exist. Why would being a homeless bum be his own causes and punishment? Is not good people are liable as well?

And how can being poor make him become rich? Unless you say that is impossible. How can the lower class become an upper class? Is it not, through true learning? If you still do not know what I am saying, I don’t thing you can answer me on anything, but only give me opinions and what you think, which is all false.

Maybe he really meant the Gobbo Bible.

Those are just a few samples of what I think the Bible’s general view of poverty is. Keep in mind that the Bible wasn’t written all at once; even within the same book the context and writer can change quite fundamentally, so you’re better off focusing on an underlying meaning than specific quotes if you’re going to criticize Christianity.

Don’t forget “If a man won’t work, neither shall he eat”*, which, while not a commentary on poverty then, it has it’s applications now.

• I’m at work, if anyone needs proof that this quote is in the Bible, let me know and I’ll dig up the citation when I get home.

Then do you recall begging is work?
Or being in a state of pity is work?

What about if the person is unable to work? Or maybe he has disability, how then he to work? IF he is mentally retarded how he to work?

If the quote is in the bible, certainity the writer does not know the whole truth about things. Things in the bible could be crictizes.
If we take away the bible, still, where do these flock of homeless buffalos migrate? In one sense to me that they are the most free beings, however they don’t know how to be free. So I suppose they contemplate on their past doings, after their meal.

Having been homeless for a time myself, I can tell you that it isn’t easy. I was fortunate because I had friends and did not have to use too many shelter days. How do they survive? By taking it day by day, usually not even that, by living moment-to-moment. It’s all about where the next meal, or sadly, fix or drink is coming from. How do they survive? Barely and usually at the expense of their humanity. That’s why helping the homeless is so important, because they have lost the ability to do it themselves.

What a good rational reponse.

Now I wonder does the homeless has an advantage over the rich?
The advantage who lives better. The rich will have advantage for great wisdom and pleasures and desires, all material luxury.
The homeless , I see, there is some point they cannot be lazy, or else they would died. Laziness is somehow a certain advantage of the poor.
They have the opportunity to really contemplate of nature of things, while the rich, it is optional that they can contemplate of nature of things.

The answer you responded was a lower class person. The homeless people I am talking about are lower then the lower class people. They don’t have a social status. Try Again.

Hello F(r)iends,

This thread belongs in the Social Sciences forum…

-Thirst

Are you talking about religion, talking about a social solution, or just ranting?

One can suppose to talk any matters, and afterwards it can mean anything to anyone. Once an innate idea is placed, he seems to go with that.

Ok, getting back to you question am I talking about a religion, social science or ranting? I felt I had touch all these issues, but I am mostly interested in religious perspective.

These homeless people, they are without any attachment of earthly desires, right? Or what do you call a homeless person? In religious part, Jesus said how can you follow me if you cannot leave behind your earthly desire. Is social science, I would think, can a homeless person will ever remain homeless? Ranting, am I angry on something? I would state I am angry to what people beliefs and persuade them among others.

Are you talking about Fransicans?

As in the fransicans who are like monks, and stay indoors and study?
Then no, for they are not homeless.

As in the fransicans who are like monks, and stay indoors and study?
Then no, for they are not homeless.

To be it more simple, the homeless, is those bums who sits on the corner.
His family abandon him, or he is a runaway, or he is an orphan. This bum is at least 18 yrs or over. He is all alone in this world. Now will his status ever change? If he always remains a bum, can he survive to old age?
Will his intelligence grow? Can this person become a wise man? Can it be due to the detachment of worldly affairs?

Why would religion tell us to renounce our live and become poor?
If it is for karma then I don’t believe it. If it is to be a priest and be converted, what special authority will you gain? Are they no different then us?

Gaining ‘wisdom’ is going to be tough when you’re homeless. Likewise, surviving to old age in a modern society when you’re homeless will be difficult, too. But the situation isn’t static, it’s fluid. People lose their jobs and wealth and can become homeless, and the homelss can sometimes get off the street and find economic and social success.

I’ve never been homeless, but I do know people who have been and have managed to get back on their feet.