The flood has really taken place!

Maybe it’s the reminants of the ice age? melting and so forth.

Just because there happened to be a flood at some point doesn’t mean it’s the biblical one.

The flood is legend. Because during the warming from the last ice age, MANY floods happened. Never a complete world wide inundation though.

There was a big one on the black sea that inundated an entire civilization. There was a large one in the northwestern USA that flooded an area of roughly 3000 Sq miles. There have been massive tsunami’s in the past that caused inundation.

None of these have been worldwide events though. But… remember our vision of what the world is, is much larger. To these ancient desert people, the flood of gilgamesh (from whence Noahic traditions are drawn) was worldwide. It inundated their entire world.

Even if the flood did take place which is written in the Bible. What does it mean, that God exists?

“God” is always positioned in relative cognition with anything that effects humans in a large way.

Humans invented God, but other animals on earth don’t show signs of religious dillusion.

If the bible flood happened like the bible said it did, global insest of all life on earth would have been a fact that happened a few thousand years ago, and then this would be evident within biology and genes today.

It’s not.

PetriFB,
Any “fact” that appears to support your “God” – this is what you will jam strait up the ass of faith and hope, and you will keep on fueling this ancient lie that never died, because it’s part of human nature/culture to lean towards all of this god shit.

Instead of focusing on reduction, I think that you will keep on adding more and more crap to your faith, as a febel, invisible attempt at self preservation.

I have read to Bible quite alot and I don’t dispute that within it are alot of historical facts ( Mainy new testament ). However I don’t think this proves that God exists. It proves that people witnessed something and then wrote about it. They used God as a way to explain it.

Q:
Does it help your faith become stronger when people fail to explain what you have attributed to God?

And what if God became a sort of possitive scape goat, in which all that was beyond us was given a humane face and posture? Wouldn’t that feel better? And that’s why it is continuing to be done.

So, enjoy it, but don’t tell me that it’s a fact.

I didn’t beat you.
You’re still just as good a person as ever, and you have allot of valuable traits. You’ve lost nothing.

And yes, there is a “God”, but in what universe and in what reality? And when and were within that universe and reality? And if this God is there, and we are here, how do we learn about this “God” and how do we ever touch Him, or be touched by Him?

It seems rather a unique situation – that belief and personal change are the path to “God”, because these are also the path to our own potential.

I suggest that all of the virtue and goodness of God, be proof in itself, and any sort of “fact” about God, be ignored. If God has said something good and right to us, then we do not need to look for God, but [instead] look at His word, and see the value of it.

Look. Here’s the thing. There are alot of flood myths, many of them older than the Judeo-Christian one. Yeah there was probably a flood. Hell there were alot of floods in the ancient world and today. The only difference is that ancient societies had a different veiw on what the “whole world” is. To a tribal society that only knows a single village and maybe 10 miles surrounding the area if that area gets flooded that’s the whole world.

You have to be careful when looking at sceintific evidence. Sometimes people go out in the field with a preconcieved notion and they believe what they wish to believe even though there may be strong evidence to point to the opposition.

But in the end if there really was a world wide flood or not does that change the meaning of the story? Metaphors and myths are windows to the truth.