SUPERCHRISTIANITY!

“Paul drew an analogy from pagan mystery cults. Devotees of the latter sought by various rites (baptisms, sacred meals) to merge themselves into the life of one of the gods, and thereby to share in the god’s own immortality and divinity”

-The New Book of Knowledge Encyclopedia, “Paul, Apostle”

Intro: It would survive even if the body of Jesus were discovered tomorrow…

It is…Superchristianity…

Explanation: The most important belief in Christianity is arguably the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the sins of the world by the Roman execution of crucifixion, followed closely by the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

However, fundamentalist/conventional Christianity remains altogether vague if not completely silent about just HOW Christ “took on (absorbed) the sins of mankind”…focusing only on the physical aspect of crucifixion and the physical death of Christ.

Enter SUPERCHRISTIANITY.

Which proposes that while dying on the cross, Christ experienced a long hallucination/dream/vision within which he assumed the identities of every human being that has or will ever exist: (think of Christ in the place of Scott Bakula’s character Sam Beckett in the old TV series: “Quantum Leap”).

According to Superchristian theory, Christ suffered all of the emotional pains, conflicts, social dysfunctions, murders, etc. of all human beings who exist in the “real world” while dying on the crosss, and that THIS is the process by which he: “took on the sins of the whole world”, that is ambiguously and vaguely described by conventional Christianity.

But not so fast…

A natural and logical worry arises: How could the brain of Jesus Christ produce such a long sacrificial dream, sharing in the negative experiences of trillions of other conscious beings, while suffering the natural pathologies of crucifixion (asphixiation, muscular/cardiovascular spasm, etc.) and physical death?

This logic problem poses the greatest threat to a theory of Superchristianity, but I attempt to solve it , and to introduce a radical interpretation of biblical scripture that predicts the existence of special human beings incapable of murder by other human beings due to a psychological link or merger with the mind and personality of Jesus Christ.

I argue that the existence of these humans are indeed predicted by the Psalms of David and the writings of Paul in the NT, although these humans have YET to be found.

Examples:

“Blessed is he who has regard for the weak;
the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
The Lord will protect him and preserve his life;
and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.”
-Psalm 41:1,2 (NIV)

I have written a book on the subject of Superchristianity, available in hard-copy, which I am in the process of downloading online (real soon, I hope).

In the meantime, feel absolutely free to question, criticize, and comment by sending to:

Jay M. Brewer
4712 Oldfort Hills Rd.
Austin, Texas 78723-6218
or email me: phenomenal_graffiti@yahoo.com

Ok, so the most important thing is that someone has to die because God is angery, and instead of God fixing it, he just sends one person to die for it, and leaves it in just as shitty of a mess as ever?

If scape-goating is the root of Christianity,
then this form of rationalization will ultimately retard the morals and world views of the millions of believers…

Thanks allot.

Ok, I’ve just entered your SUPERCHRISTIANITY.

…and… it didn’t do me a damned bit of good, and it never will.

If we were to baptize ourselves in a sea of dogma, idealism, mental-masterbation, scape-goating, denile-of-reality/science, rationalization, and absolute faith in a powerless imaginary friend…
where would this bring us?
Deeper into the neo-dark-ages.

Dan, read my thread, you may learn something.

Christianity misunderstood - no god necessary

ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … p?t=148289