Do you want to be a great man

just as a precursor, im really blazed right now but nonetheless i think you should listen to what i have to say.

so i was thinking… its been my belief for awhile that i have to be an amazing person in life. i have to be the best, and i have to change the world. i dont know how i can possibly achieve that, but ive decided that considering everything ive considered (which is alot), the ultimate goal in life should be to use your time the best way you can use it. and in your time you should alter the realm of your existence (your society) in a way that you would like to see it be altered. in this way you can achieve a type of immortality, your name and influence will live forever.

now it is very possible that your name and ideas and influence will be forgotten eventually…
it is still the best you can possibly do, do you not agree?
and how does one achieve this immortality, how would one be able to live throughout the ages?

lets think about the names and the people whose influences are still are part of our society today. Jesus Christ, Siddhattha Gautama, Muhhamed, Abraham.
all of these people founded a religion, and all of these religions still exist today. their immortality has been achieved.

would you not call all of these people great men?
would you not say that they have achieved immortality through their names?

now out of all of these names i can think of one example that could be any of us ‘philosophers’ if we have the intellect and the ambition.
the name is Siddhattha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism.
Buddhism is a philosophy not really the definition of a religion (at least one that believes in a higer power, though Buddhism has not rejected the existence of supernatural beings), it is a philosophy on life and The Buddah believes that we can all achieve a sort of ‘truth’ of life, which is enlightenment.
isnt that what all of us are striving for here isnt that what we all want to achieve, i mean that is what the basis of philosophy is, that is why you are posting on this forum, because you and everyone else here has found that there is an answer to life that needs to be found.

can you find it for yourself?

can you reach a level where everything makes sense to you and you are able to express your beliefs (philosophy, views) to other people in a way that you know they would have to understand?

it is possible. it has been done. it is called religion.

so then should my goal be in life to start a religion. to turn my beliefs and views about the word into a philosophy that i believe will make things better for myself and other people, and then preach them to other people (in some way find followers and develop a scripture of some sorts and spread my philosophy).

in that way i could become immortal, and my name and philosophy would live throughout the ages (or at least a very long period of time).

well what do ya think?

…no im not talking about becoming a Charlie Manson and killing people and shit. thats not cool man. dont do that.

ever reach neitzsche?

also a good example of a great man.

but will that last as long as a religion?

ill admit that it is a possibility.

that would be an incredible achievement too.

The only imarative is system maintainance/repair; if these were done indefinately, advancement and progress would always eventually happen.

No. People only listen to what they want to hear/be told.
If you are better and beyond the system, the system will hate you or see you as valueless. You are powerless over the world, and you cannot control the world even half as much as you control yourself.

Self improvement works. “Save the world” doesn’t work.

What forces and ideas helped influance your will to be so spectacular? You want to ammuse and inspire allot of un-inspired and lame people? Go for it, and you’ll fail every time.

If you do immortalize some part of yourself, this will be in a different format then memory or personal experiance/understanding. Instead, these people will create their own version of what ever tiny peace of you they have precieved, in their own way, for better or for worse.

If you were ever truly immortalized, this would simply be a state of zero-loss, or perfect repair of your physical system; this would be far better then fame/“success”, but we don’t have the technology to really do this for anyone yet…

Actually, “best” is a non-existent idealism that was meant to fit like a glove… on a hand with a prepetually changing amount of fingers on it.
Perfection cannot and will not ever exist, and if it did, it would spread and succeed over and above all of the imperfection.

You can be better, but never, ever best. Progress is good enough.

Damnit, I’m not feeling any gratification when I’m dead, no matter how many people like or apply what I’ve done. You can give to the future, but what your talkin about is more of a will to improve your collective species in the future, and your immortalized self would even be able to look at itself and feel any sort of sense of achievement…
This is no longer self, but a gift to the whole.

K.

What an abused name.

Never heard of him.

Not God. Not God’s representative. Don’t worship messengers or a message. Say no to religion, and drugs. :sunglasses:

Patriarch legacies that looked so good, but historically were just as lame as everyone elses ass… (+some lies and a dash of salt for flavor)

No. Their religion is no-longer their own. Original teachings have been altered allot with time. These people mannaged to change others, but they did not save themself from death in this way.

You don’t put out a fire by praying to God, or by burning yourself with it, but instead you [should] pour some water on it instead.

Signing up for cryonics, and living a safe, healthy life – these are steps towards immortalizing yourself. No matter what you want to do in life, the only thing that is stopping you is death. Other things, such as time, would not be a problem, if they were not limited.

No. They were ass-holes; ass-holes who got popular for some reason.
I call them butt-assed-ass-holes because this is the opposite of admiration, and is a form of anti-slavery. All of their faults, and all of their strengths, aren’t for me to judge as good or bad, accept once effecting my life, so I just call them assholes.

Just like me. I’m an asshole now, haven’t you heard?
I’m full-of-shit; it even says so in my sig!
Don’t listen to me! I don’t have the right to tell people what to believe. You are your own property.

More then one person is named Mr.Kebop online, for example. Popularity is just the masses having belief in, and support of something.

Please, stop confusing “greatness” with popularity.

You can be a really great person, and then just get hit by a fuckin car tomarrow, and that’s the end of it.

What the masses think, doesn’t mean a damned thing in the real world and the real truth.

Only you are fully aware of your own true value, and only you feel and taste your memories. Being your own best friend is more important then being popular or great, imo, because this is very healthy, and the real meaning of good and bad pivits upon a center point of the health of the organism/species.

There have been many Buddhas, and there will continue to be more.

A body:
many parts.

Organs:
each needed and needing.

Life:
many questions.

Spend time:
becoming the answer.

Already there.

Not even the Buddha had that ability.
He has been ignored. He didn’t preach, did he?
Or did a percentage of people come to him, because they already wanted what he had?

The misunderstanding that others have of us, is more their fault then ours, and all of our problems are merely a lack of understanding – of the solution and the steps that we must take to get to that point.

“Religion” is a form of sub-government, and a group that shares beliefs that have a strong influance on world view and life style.

We must not say religion is good or bad, because it can be and is both.

I’ve been thinking about that phinominon.

When you make friends, you just share parts of yourself with them, and the people who understand your value, love you and are able to benifite from what you share.

I would actually incourage you to write out your own personal religion and philosophy, and then publish it online so that various people could read it. Whilst you’re still alive, you can later go back and refine/improve the parts of it that you want to.

If and when you do this, send me a PM, because I want to read it. I bet it will have good value in it.

Yah. Make a cool web-page or somethin. It’s not as hard as it usedto be.

Be good to yourself, and enjoy writing that religion down!
:smiley:

(* puts away knife and sniper rifle *)
Ok, sorry. :laughing:

No.

To be a great man is to not to be a great man.

The greatest philosophers aim was never to be great. And those who are not great eventually will be great, if and only if they continue to observe and observe themselves.

End of discussion

Mr. Kebop is already great, actually.

And he has already effected people in this world, who will not forget what he has said to them.

His will to change the world, has destracted his eyes from the individuals that he has changed in a good way.

thanks for disecting my post…buttface :cry:

yeah but what im saying is this world seems to be fucking meaningless, i mean what could possibly be the point of it. regardless of whether your views or philosophies would be skewed and manipulated in the future youve still been able to have a significant effect on the world.

yeah i hate religion i think its stupid. but those people have still had a significant effect on the world. i think that would be cool to achieve that.

i ean reallly everytyhing is pretty fuckin stupid so whats the difference.

cool, so whats the answer? im dying to know. :smiley:

:laughing:
I’m a buttfaced asshole, and I wear huggies pullups over my butt for a face, because I’m a big kid now, and mommy can’t spank my ass so bad when I have a cushining layer of verbal diarea goating my butt for a face, and this also drastically reduces the oxygen flow to my already retarded shit for a brain.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Hhahah, top that!

Well, seeing that meaning is purely subjective – and the order in which our strongest nature places all of its parts – I would easily tell you that you do not need “truth” for your meaning, but once you have strayed for the lesser, it’s only a matter of searching for the greater – in a field of infinite meaning.

There was never a point in it, only in us.

Would it be cool to become ritch, if you didn’t like corporate great and mundane linear consumption?

Would it be cool to start or join a religion if you hated religion?

Or would it just be cool to write a book someday, and distribute it?
You do know that would be enough.^ Some people would like it.

When we say that everything is pretty fucking stupid, it is.
When we say that everything is amazing and wonderful, it is.
But what if we realize that what we say about it, wont change it, and it was there before us, and will still be there after us?
Everything… Wouldn’t it be arrogant to judge everything?

Liberate self from all want. Keep on letting go of the want, and looking passed the want. When the want is infront of you, look beyond it, or look back into yourself.

The want constitutes the meaningless greed, and the craving, and the expectation, and the continual cycles of suffering.

The want can control you, and with it comes both pleasures and pains that you never had to subject yourself to, but for a strange display of untruth, much like a movie conflict recycled through time and remade, we fear boredom so much that this fear blinds us to the most pure of pleasures, that lay within simplicity.

Once all want is gone, after years of awareness and mindfulness, the self feals light and empty, and need can both be felt and seen clearly.

When freeing ourselves from want, we are mearly understanding something better and more pure then want, and we are not actually fighting against want.

Out of infinite compassion, one can see his own evils – and not judge; then, if he were to see evil in the world around him, no bitter hate or fear would rob him from sleep.

Etc, etc.