Why would someone choose to be rightous instead of wicked?

i am especially thinking of the book of kings here,where it says “and then king ____ proceeded to do what was good/bad in god’s eyes”…(over and over each time a new king is told about)

i wonder why. in a royal line some good,some bad,same situation.i’ve often wondered if it was merely genetic. i could have turned on god for the liveing hell i know as my life but NEVER! so…
(if you think it was easy for me to choose the right religion and god’s side,then think again!)

No one is good and no one is bad.
Everyone is good and everyone is bad.

Everyone is human; we are never always good, and we are never always bad. It is as simple as that.

While I’d argue that genetics play a pivital role in with relation to how one’s virtue develops, I would say that genetics alone is insufficient. Rather, I would argue that genetics set a limit as to how inclined we are to virtue, and, ultimately, how virtuous we can become. However, it is the day-to-day experiences we have where we bend and tilt either towards or away from moral cultivation. You can’t reach the goal without many, many steps along the way.

Righteous=future children fighting against adults with Time Cube Godless Truth.

Wicked=adults sending humanity into an Easter island plundered Future.

How do you define the terms “good” and “bad”? Or “Righteous” and “wicked”? I think we need to understand what these terms mean before we can begin talking about why one would choose the one over the other, no?

hi kidA41,
TimeCube is the only chance future children have to fight against adult lies.to bad adults continue their evil scheems for the sick purpose of mind-raping children.

It’s not genetic, not like that!
Kings had the “right” to kill you if you didn’t listen, and they thought that “God” put them in their position, so then they God really REALLY arrogant/imbalanced! That’s why they acted so horribly, because they thought that they were second to God, and this caused wreckless actions.

I’m glad that Monarchy is gone, and I don’t think that an all-wise “God” liked monarchy, because of how bad it was for people compared to something like modern demoncracy.

Turning on God wouldn’t fix the problem either. What we need is real solutions, and the reason why we want to turn on someone is because we feel betrayed, because we get the opposite of what we expect.

All-loving, All-Mighty “God” ideas make a person want or expect the eventual recieving of this sort of super-good-stuff, but then it just turns into let down and suffering because it’s an un-met desire.

I can be nutral about “God” – because “God” is either a fact or a lie, but either way, I am not in control of that reality, and it is imperialistic arrogance to try to control such a thing. People who claim that I am the enemy of “God” are fools, because they think that I oppose God, when I am actually just asking them for some real reason, proof and actions to back up their claims. Once God tells me to do something and explains why it is good, I’ll do it, but when liers claim that God told me to do something, their request will be imperfect and mundane foolishness [like blood sacrifices, for example].

It wasn’t easy because of all of the confusing noise that people fart out instead of solving their stress-causing problems. It’s okay though, because God is theoretically all-wise, and will never destroy people for their misguided anger of “Him”, because anger is from hate, because hate is from fear, because fear is from expectation of loss, damage and danger.

All haters of God will be proven right by any sort of heavenly violence, because they just wanted to be left alone and un-repressed/harmed, but since God is all-knowing, “He” would know how to explain to these people why “He” is right and they are wrong, instead of killing them out of “righteous anger”.

What we should be most scared of:

1 Our own weakness and lacking,
2 Parasites & Demons, [no panic, just avoid and deal with]
3 Stupid and mundane ideas/people,
4 How we effect others [hurt/help],
5 Bees/hornets,
6 Asteroids,
7 Sharks,
8 God?

The way I see it: God can’t get angery because he doesn’t have our sort of survival instinct. We can’t hurt Him by what we say about Him, because he can’t be affraid of us, so he wont get mad and want to kill us, because he is invincible and we are no threat.

I’m tierd of people adding illogic to God, so I stopped believing in this illogic, and then they get all scared and think my eternal future is in danger? No. I’m not danger, and God is not danger.

Peace, freedom, understanding~

People choose “wickedness” because of being misguided and unelightened. If their pleasure senses were ‘perfect’ – sin would no-longer be pleasurable, therefor it would not be done. Whilst perfect, one cannot sin, but “Adam” and “Eve” sinned? It’s an odd situation indeed…

No one in their right mind would listen to a snake instead of an all-mighty “God” that gave them everything that they have [ex: perfect paradise!] – but if humans naturally sinned only because of the absense of God/wisdom/strong&balanced-bodies – it makes more sense.

To say: “God is sleeping and has expended His powers during the creation of the universe” is more logically defendable then to say: “God loves you more then your own parents love you, and is all-mighty, all-seeing, etc, capable of saving you.”

Not the direct parents of the children my conscious will, but ignorance and bad guidance by the leaders, is my guess.

Don’t worry too hard Donnie, things aren’t as bad as they may feel like they are sometimes, because you can calmly explian, more specifically why something is wrong, and people will remember you then tell others.

Adults plunder the future with things like national debt and polluting/poisoning and using up the environment.

It’s not nice, but if the children do get hurt badly by this, they will try to make sure that it never happens again, and they will probably have the power to slowly reverse it all someday, won’t they? I’m not sure…

The original Cube-Site is rant-style and most people don’t take rants the right way. It’s best to be presise and simple with our points of reason.

Take care, and have a great day.

have i ever used dr.ray’s Rants into full consideration on this forum,im sorry i dont think so,im expressing it calmly and respectivly.
if my grand-children pull through,and the earth doesn’t then we would have enough proof dr,ray was right all along.

i think people are degressing on this thread. and no, we dont need to pick apart rightousness and wickedness. again. it should be defined by an unblemished conscience. say that of a pre-corrupted child.

I probably agree with you in the end, but you don’t provide very good supporting arguments here (i.e. none…)

An unblemished conscience… hmmmm I don’t know if that sounds right unless I am misunderstanding you. It sounds like you are implying that if a person feels/believes/perceives that he has behaved virtously in all his conduct, he has. That doesn’t sound right to me. Some people out there commit horrible crimes and don’t seem to have any regret or guilt on their conscience. Likewise, some people feel they have done things that are very bad that most people would think were perfectly fine morally.

Can you either clarify or defend this view?

what ,you mean adults commiting these crimes? and why would you say they are horrible crimes? horrible in your opinion?

no,picking apart good and bad is bull shit. i feel the basic person knows that good and bad is. guess it could be sumerised by what is benefical to all in the long run. that sounds logical.

what is good and what is bad is not the subject of this thread. you can find that on many other threads.

my original question was/is very complex,not being resolved yet.maybe only god knows for sure.

Oh. In that case I don’t think I can answer your question, because I think God’s existence is still very much in the air.

In a hypothetical sense, then, wouldn’t we have to talk about the possibility of free will in a universe created by God before we can talk about why someone would be virtuous or wicked?

Randomness and inexperience are the true source of wickeness.

Dan knows this.

Both good and evil are initially an experiment. People try to do something one way, for what ever random reason that they are born with. As they practice it and it works, they become better at it, and it becomes a habbit.

Thoughts become words.
Words become actions.
Actions become habbits.
Habbits become character.
Character is who you are.

If people knew exactly what the consiquences of their actions where, and had a good upbringin (good parents) – then they would not make deadly and destructive (bad) choices.

Here we are now, Adam and Eve again. God was their parent, tought them and loved them in a perfect way, better then human parents.
So ----- Why the fuck did they act more stupid then people who are imperfect and had mere human parents instead of God as their instructor?

It doesn’t add up! Perfection spreads, improves, and wins in the long run, keeps on making expotential progress, – it doesn’t decay into nothing for no reason other then its own inability to remain “perfect”.

Human evil is because of our inexperienced childhood coupled with bad guidance and random experimentation.

Dan and Drift,

why do you both have the same address?

Shalom

We share the same internet connection, but have 2 different computers.

That’s right, telus isp.

What is good?

imagine the game of craps. Sometimes you roll 7’s and 11’s and life is good.

Sometimes you roll snake eyes and that isn’t so good.

For further definition, what is good is only good because we deem it so. What is bad is only so because we deem it so. Snake eyes in my clam chowder.

life is a game of craps,both dice represent male and female,humanity is cubic,all is good when you role the right numbers.

That was my point. God’s will is felt on us in everday situations… sometimes we “deem it good”, and sometimes “we deem it bad”.