Jesus obsessive compulsives.

Considering the fact that your own mother did more directly for you then Jesus did [gave you life, provided for you, talked to you, etc.] many of you never seem to stop obsessing over Jesus.

Perhaps your soul is biting at some sort of cultural debait, but all of this will leave you with an unsatisfied hunger for real solutions and truth in your life.

You do realize that your theories about Jesus never came from first hand experience, they are just old and obscure public opinion.

well let’s make a couple lists and compare them here.

My Mom:
*gave birth to me
*shelled out lots of money to keep me alive
*cared for me as i grew up
*didn’t kill me many times when she had the right to
*has usually listened
*and just generally helped and loved me

Jesus:
*gave life to me (hey hey, clever)
*put his heart and soul into keeping me alive, keeping my friends alive, keeping my family alive, keeping everyone in the world alive (unless it happened to be their time to die)
*has found me in the times of the most despair in my life and lifted me out of them, including when i held a knife to my chest with the intention of stabbing it through my heart, so as to not only die but have no chance of living through it (it was a long time ago, i’m fine now.)
*has also kept many of my friends from doing things just as stupid as that
*has led me to make mostly good decisions in my life
*showed me the meaning of peace
*showed me the meaning of love
*showed me the meaning of happiness
*has always listened
*and just generally helped and loved me.

i’d say Jesus wins out there.

For the ones who have received it, Revelation is real…

How do you figure this? I mean, the genes and the materials used to build your body inside of your mom doesn’t count as “gave life to me”?

What is this invisible “gave” that you claim to be aware of?

That would be a rather imperfect and lame attempt on his part, considering world condition…

Well, that I may agree with…?

It’s not easy to prove that, but if we called “Jesus” our own decency and good, then yah, Jesus did more for us then mom did. I was talkin about direct physical things though, not theoretical mystical speculations.

Hmh… Jesus sure means allot to you…
(* places hand over mouth and stairs at the wall. *)
Perhaps your love for Jesus impowers Jesus, and helps the ‘holy-spirit’ have greater influance over your life?

I made this thread, in mind of speculative obsession about specifics [like skin color, date of birth, crap like that], but you’re talkin about the deepest meaning of the word “Christ”, which is about the meaning of life more then any sort of pety obsession.

ah… how quickly we can reduce every philosophical discussion to the meaning of life :slight_smile: