What is the greatest religious question?

How are we going to debate and contemplate if you simply answer our questions? Doesn’t this stifle discourse and meditation?

Okay, I see, this is the internet equivalent to the hermit on the mountain. We climb up and you answer our questions.
Okay then, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Why is there evil?
Can God create a rock so heavy that he himself can’t lift it?
Are there dogs in Heaven?

What kind of credentials are required to answer religious questions?
Is it possible to answer these questions for someone else?

I look foreward to your answers!
QK

1. If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week why is there a lock on the door?

2. Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?

3. If toast falls butter side down and cats land on their feet, what happens
    when you put a slice of bread ( butter side up ) on a cats back?

4. Why did god make it so you can’t say the word “lisp” if you have one?

Since you know what you want out of life, why are you still here in this forum, since you know how to treat other people, is not that a good thing for others. If there is a god or not , won’t you benefit anyways.

Why do you ask such questions that are not essential to ask, nor would be call great, nor are these questions came out of seriousness nor fully thought out of it. Therefore, people will call you crazy and will be ignored. I say this to your own benefit.

Why would would you want cricize god’s or nature’s design? We have no choice but to accept this, and move on.

Thank you for thinking of my benefit. I believe it would benefit me more if you answered the other two questions that I asked, the ones that you apparently ignored:

What kind of credentials are required to answer religious questions?
Is it possible to answer these questions for someone else?

Thanks!
QK

The reason I am on this forum and all others on ILP is b/c I like to hear different perspectives on issues, b/c I think it keeps my mind sharp. I am not on here expecting to find life’s greatest answers. I’ve studied sociology and music in school, I did not major in philosophy. I think a forum like this that has a free exchange of ideas is healthy to keep the juices flowing in the brain. I get on here for about 10 minutes a day, just to hear some different issues on things.

not everyone on this forum are desperately searching for answers to life’s questions. You asked us to pose the greatest religious question, and I did so from my frame of reference, and then you accuse me of being lazy after I posed some basic questions thousands of people ask, and then ask me why I am on this forum.

I don’t know if you are trying to impress people with your fantastic mind Dan, or if you need some sleep. But, this circular argument is for sure making me sleepy. Good night.

Why would there be creditials to answer religious questions? The only thing is left is do you believe or not. Unless, you will be more persuaded if I was a priest or Dr. Phil.
All things are possible. All court cases are win able. When there is no way there lies a way.

I do need some sleep. Yet, I cannot help to ask in what way I am trying to impress people, or so you claim that my posts are impressive?Like yourself you never majored in philosophy, I never learned anything from philosophy, nor would I encourage people to major in philosophy. It is good to know that you are keeping your mind sharp.

Well, if it can exist, it eventually will, by means of random or intelligent desighn, either way.

Yah, the links to the chain lead back to a universe, and then a reality sort of fabric or space for these dimensions and time to exist in.

Blame God or chaos, either way, I’d say somebody started this and it had a beginning.

Dear Doctor Satan,
that’s a complex medical question.
The hunger for religion has to do with the desires that we naturally have, or the desires that are stired up by that religion. If we want to know something like “why do we die?” a genetisist can say “Because some of our cells have decaying genes per replication” – or an Xian can say “Because Adam and Eve sinned and we inherited that sin.”
One person understands the process, the other blames somebody.

To undo religion, we must provide full natural explanations for the unknown, and once we have the real answers/facts we must “preach the good news to the entire inhabited earth” with the same sort of fervor that theocratic mad-men practice. [Living the crazey jyhad, wo0t!] From then on, one proof will outweigh the other and people who know the natural answers wont likely be as tricked by the supernatural claims.

Many years ago everyone was a believer in some sort of “religion” – but today we actually can see atheists and philisophical naturalists living their lives without being burnt on a pole. (Thanks allot, “God/spritual truth”)

Large desposal or religion would require something take its place, and this would also mark a great step in human understanding and ability.
Save this goal up for a far more advanced and developed species/civilization. :sunglasses:
But it’s a good question.

Whether by God or by Chaos, the origin does not actually bring you an understanding of what now is.

The origin of the universe is not the full understanding of the universe, it is merely the first second of the universes real existence.

Quite frankly, creation sorts of questions don’t mean much today, though our great curiosity pushes us forward towards understanding prepetually.

Because we can reproduce quicker then we can die.

Too simple of an answer? Probably.

It feels good because it is theoretically most often for your benifite/gain.

Dear God,
my questions for thee and the believers:

Why do you not like it when we question you? Or perhaps never give us the answers? Wouldn’t humanity realize that questioning and begging God has always been fruitless after this many years?, or perhaps the theoretical rewards are far greater then the price?

Sad, sad sorts of men we are, and supposed to ourselves also of a devine and infinite love/salvation that we never taste but prepetually dream of?

Becuase i am not thee answer.

because the answers you search for are the one’s you ignore.

yes,they have realized but have also refused to do anything about it.

your theoretical rewards are your alone,there was never a price far greater than the ignorance of my children themselves.

sad indeed.
devinity is only for those above me.
infinite love/salvation is but a dream,you make your race look full of hate/self-destruction of course you cannot taste the truth.
a dream is just a dream my child,that is all you must know,because your in one.

I suppose ignorance is the inability to mentally deal with life?
Retards die in nature, eventually they must.

Retards die through sheer claims of “living for today” but not thinking of thier children’s first days,let alone their entire life.

Igonrance of the inability will send you into a stupid and evil death judgment,when your Human Metamorphosis square completes itself you will die with your religous lies.

to deal with life,you must think Cubic,face the words with the cubes,face the lies with the cubes,face your fears with the cubes,chase away the demons that are your indroctined lies.

Dan no.2 why don’t you give me an answer to my question? What can god do for me that I cannot do?

Man cannot explain TimeCube,because Man knows it’s Forbidden,Thus it is true.

Donnie Darko Fan,

A cube has eight corners, not four.

no that would be a cube within another cube,your suggesting a hypercube,im talking about TimeCube,you can’t proove me wrong otherwise,your room has 4 walls,your face has 4 corners,their are 4 major human races,their are 4 lifetime sin human metamorphosis,and their remians 2 sex pole hemispeheres.

I like that answer a cube has 8 corners.
=D>
A square has 4 corners.
3-d dimension vs 2-dimension.