Can the retarded people be cured?

I’m sure when we were young we were crazy, being brats all the time, is this not mental retardation? When kids these days plays video games so much and cheat on their tests, they escaped the parents notice. Therefore they become stupid like mental retarded people like.
What about those who are really seriously retarded, can God or Jesus lifts this plaque? Correct their chromosomes or something?

metal retardation and doing dumb stuff is completely different, i think you know that.

well…i dont know why God or Jesus gave this plague in the first place.

why would God put it here in the first place if he was simply to take it away?

if there is God and God has a purpose for humanity then he must have a purpose for mentally retarded people.
Although God could have ‘created us’ with intelligent design, and left us to have to deal with genetic mutation. for better or for worse.

It is not a plague.

The term ‘retarded’ or ‘challanged’ is deceiving because it applies to what society has deemed as positive. For example someone with autism may have alot of trouble with most societal functions but they still excel at very specific aspects of thinking. Autistic people have great number and pattern abilities; my sister has williams syndrome and her memory is better than almost every person I’ve met.

Frig… even someone in a coma gets the chance to live in a perspective dream state. Something many people would give their teeth for.

Anyways… the main point here is that you’re so misinformed it’s not even funny.

And I find alot of stuff funny.

is there a cured?

Just out of curiosity, is english your first language?

LOL. Wisened old monkey man missing something? LOL.

dan, not sure exactly what you’re on about, but mental retardation is an effect of an improper gene mutation, or the passing on of an aberrant mutation. It is part of the manifest problem of human beings obviating the process of natural selection from our species. Had we maintained the natural order, and allowed these mutations to be “weeded out”, they would only exist in the incestuous sphere, at best, at this time in history.

Divinity does not intercede on behalf of human arrogance/ignorance.

sure… democRATS get educated in the real world and change parties all the time…

-Imp

:unamused:

Why won’t you admit the two sides are the same coin?

I dunno what language is my first?

mas~
Then I believe what you are telling me, there is no cured for the mentally retard people. They can never be recovered? i don’t know why I doubt this, even though I know what you are saying, because I learned this already.
Therefore I ask, does this opinion comes from you, or others what they had told you?

My understanding is that most cognitively disabled people have a serious wetware problem. I have no doubt that we will eventually be able to go in and fix that part of the equation but . . .

Will they then be the same person? If I swap out my OS and make my compter run on Linux rather than Windows, is that still the same computer?

Do you honestly believe that stupidity (or in your words “mental retardation”) is derived from playing too many video games? Just like you said, “they escaped parents’ notice” - is it not the lack of affection and care that parents show to their children that leads to their ‘destruction’?

Before you worry about getting some guys to lift it into place, you should decide what the engraving should read.

First thing I want to say is welcome to the forum. Next is, it is true that if parents lack the care and affection are dooming their children. But it is also true that the lack of care of oneself that leads to confusion, corrupted, poison, ignoring teachers, and many manifested and hidden things.

I don’t understand this.

Xunzian
Why would you believe that scientist can fix the genetic problems in the future? Then you say they may not be the same person? In one hand you got me excited that there is a cured, or mainly a hope for mental retardation.
Next you just plainly give up the hope, by saying i lost all of my teeth and I have a false teeth to eat, everyone is going to laugh at me, ( for the sake of pride) But as you as long it works I don’t care. For this is happiness. The parents will be happy.

But doesn’t the lack of parents’ affection LEAD to lack of care of one’s self?

I thought the first post was humorous, but it creates a good question.

I think that for the religious person to maintain sanity (?) they should look at god as being a creator that makes challenges for us as a test. The test is very brief, so whatever happens in it is just a minor blip, and is not evil.

So, if god “fixed” retarded people that would deprive you of your reaction to them.

Not overly surprised!

Maybe a dictionary reference to the word ‘plaque’ would spark your pea-brain into action?

not really. the lack of care of oneself leads to the lack of parents affection.

Then what is your suggestion for a cure?

you said place on your post. therefore I did not understood what you were posting. I thought your judgments were far better but now I see your no better but average minded.

I don’t think that you understand my message.

From whom does a child learn not to care? Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it not the parents who do all that they can to ensure that their child is happy? Will they not show even MORE love to their child who is in a state of confusion?

hahaha… and you call yourself a thinker!

Well, first off there is a difference between fixing the genetic aspect of retardation and the physical wetware problem. I could transduce a virus into the brain of a cog. disabled person that would correct whichever genes were faulty . . . but that won’t do that particular individual any good. They will still be retarded because their wetware is still ‘broken’. If my OS gets corrupted, re-installing it won’t make a difference if my OS is corrupted because there is something physically wrong with my harddrive.

To ‘fix’ a retarded person, you would have to do major reconstructive surgery on their brain, perhaps even a brain transplant. Think about that. The person would definately not be the same person after that operation. Now, their parents might be pleased, but what about the individual themselves? You’ve basically killed them. Now, the new person that emerges might be grateful, but is that enough?

Fixing the problem before they are born, I have great hopes for that. Germ-line augmentation is the way of the future.