Nature of god...

In this topic i would like to ask everyone to see if we can determine the nature of god.

• Is he good or evil ? is he all-powerfull and all-knowing or not ? etc…

Basicly act like philosophers :stuck_out_tongue: Ask questions and try and rationalize an answer.

i’d like it if everyone understood the difference of the biblical god and “a creator” because they are not one and the same. So when you make a remark plz specify which “god” you are talking about.

Here’s my question.

Is murder wrong because god (biblical) says it is or did we humans kinda reach the conclusion that it is ?
And could god make murder a good deed by his own power ? So that we may start killing eachother so we can get into heaven…

We now know that some people ( religious fanatics ) would and have killed just to get into heaven through-out history so for those people something or someone MUST make murder “a good deed”.

Any thoughts ?

All-knowing?

Knowing requires experience. To know, we must be able to be effected by. God is invincible and incomprimisable, so he cannot be effected by reality, so he cannot feel for or understand reality.

God above and beyond reality = no longer part of system = irrelevant to system of reality.

All-powerful?

Power is control. Control is ability. Ability is effect. Effect requires cause. God doesn’t answer you when you ask him questions in prayers. God can’t react, so he cannot effect, so he cannot control, so he has no power.

If God was good, he would not be good in word form, but be good in real action, because being soon becomes prepetual action and effect. This means God would constantly add to the system, but because he is above and beyond the system, he cannot add to it unless he brings it up to equal state or closer state to himself, but he cannot and does not do this!

If God was evil, he would take away from everyone so that he could gain, but God needs nothing so he cannot gain or change or progress.

Murder was frowned upon by cultures on islands that have never seen or heard of bible and Jesus. Bible writers tried to make God king of moral goodness, and they tried to make God look like the source of moral goodness, but Isreal was not the most morally good nation or culture in history, thought it was supposedly the only one Ruled by God for a time.

God requiring us to die before we can get into heaven is like asking us to loose everything we have, including our ability to recieve and comprehend a gift, and once we are gone, then he promises he will give us his reward. This reward cannot help us when we are dead and should have came when we were still alive!
God = 0 point anti-life and anti-existence.

God was invented by men during times of monarchy, theocracy and slavery, and these men continue to hide behind their word-God instead of showing who’s idea it really was. God = single ruler = single “truth” and single “perfection” = stop at one point and claim perfection instead of continueing to change and progress = death and stagnant adamance.

God kills parallel, progressive and relative thought.

word-God,invisible TimeCube,Cube God,“satan”.
that’s the only available choices i see for humanity anymore.
4 is the supreme number of the universe.
we have 4 direct options left,2 different perspectives.
4 corners,2 poles,4 lifetimes,2 sexes,1 earth!!.

oh come on… dont ruin my topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

Option 3, does god tell us it is wrong because it is wrong.

i do not ruin topic’s,i simply imply better infuence into the thread.

doesnt make sense. how can it be wrong to murder if you take out the human factor ?

and this “option” only show that god didnt make murder wrong by saying its wrong, but by stating the obvious, its quite simple.
to notice this, you need to turn it around, for example:
Can god make murder right by simply saying it is ?, i think not

Because it’s a question of ontology or theology rather than morality.

You assume humans are capable of discovering truth without divine intervention.

ofcourse i do, and its perfectly normal to do so.

and btw it is not i who “assume” but it is you who assume that humans are not capable of discovering truth.

humans have a set of irrational instincts that they always follow in the exact same way. these instincts manifest themselves in the form of brain chemical rewards or punishments in response to what the person perceives is happening in the world.

if you see a trespasser and you kill him, that causes happiness. darwinian natural selection caused this brain function to exist, it was randomly mutated into a child, and that childs behavior was modified because when he killed strangers who were eating his food, he got a spew of happy brain chemicals. because he pursued those happy brain chemicals, he was rewarded with food and survival. this is why this characteristic exists in humans today.

there is also empathy, with works in the exact same way. a child was born with the random brain function that caused happy brain chemicals to spew whenever he treated his neighbor like himself. usually with animals, “neighbor” means family member or lifelong community member, and helping them helps every individual. tresspassers are not “neighbors” and treating them nicely does not cause the same brain chemical spew.

the difference between the holy warrior who thinks god wants him to kill tresspassers and ghandi who wont even hurt the english is that ghandi grew up and learned that everyone is our neighbor, while people like osama bin laden and george bush dont respect the life of foreigners because they arent considered “neighbors” for whatever reason.

there is nobody who would do what god wants if it didnt give them pleasure. if something suggested that god wanted them to do it, they would either deny that or they would alter their perception of the world in order to cause their brain chemicals to spew happiness when they do it. if they loved and trusted their priest enoguh, they would start to believe that americans really arent members of the world community, they are evil, selfish and should die, or that sand niggers arent worth as much as americans.

the only message from god is happiness brain chemicals. god did not write a bible over a thousand years ago and refuse to edit it ever since. the only thing that you ever pursue for any reason is happiness brain chemicals. the reaso why is because there is absolutely nothig else in the universe that can be described as “objectively good”. the only difference between what i call objectively good and what you do is how we have decided to classify the objects in the universe, and our decisions are based on both genetic brain structure and lifelong environmental effects, so they might be forever irreconcilable.

the main point to note is that happiness is the only thing that we know is good, so if you are looking for some purpose to humanity, whether or not god exists, the universe “wants” us to create the only thing that can be described as good. brain chemicals.

speak english or go find people who speak cubish. seriously i wish i were a mod so i could delete virtually everything you write. nobody knows what you are talking about. im not trying to be a dick, im trying to tell you what you apparently dont realize: nobody knows what any of your words mean. use words we know because we are all so educated-stupid.

No, i’m simply pointing out the flaw in your “turn it around” argument.

sorry i dont see how you’re pointing out the flaw… what flaw ? be more explicit please.

Ha, ha… you talk as if ‘truth’ were an Easter Egg hidden somewhere in the garden, waiting for a child’s soft hand to lift it up from behind a bush.

:smiley:

anything is possible,like Godless humans,theirs a good thought.