Parts of the brain that respond to religios thinking.

bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/20 … inqa.shtml

Did you read this article before?

And then there is CS’s theory.

If I told you that your ‘spirituality’ was just your natural superiority instincts, what would you think of that? Having a sense of what is superior is obviously a useful, natural instinct that we have; I’m not critisizing.

i didnt know of this article, but i must say i agree with it it seems “a must have” in most animals and since we evolved something from that period might have been tranmuted into something put into use today; obedience, fear, etc for a higher power (god).

But the question which arises is, Are atheists missing this “god spot” ? christians have always seen atheists as deficient of something which they call the “leap of faith” might have they been right ? are we missing the “god spot” ? and if so is this a good or a bad thing ? and if the same “brain stop” was found in animals following an alpha male is not having such a spot a leap forward in evolution ?

These are very interesting questions which demand an answer.

I dont agree, spirituality is indeed a healthy state to posses when contemplateing and trying to explain various issues outside the reach of science, and i would like to call that PHILOSOPHY, and yes it is wonderful.

Now while i consider spirituality a higher brain function i must point out the fact that many such higher brain functions are often influenced by lower brain functions.

So if gods are the materialisation of our spirituality influenced by something like “the alpha spot”, the need to be subservial to an alpha male (as an animal) i think it would be the best explination so far why completly cut off peoples in various regions of the primitive world developed the belief in gods. dont you agree ?

Depends on time and the environment. In the future we shall see what is a leap forward in evolution and what is a leap backward.

All that we value and do, [this] is because of our natural instinct. Ofcourse I agree.