Hell

God would never send anyone to Hell.

Hitler might even be in heaven.

because God gave you your soul right?

and is the soul that God gave you not righteous and beautiful and true to God’s will?

the soul and the body are two seperate things, and the soul is not effected by the body, it is the body that is effected by the soul.

yet the body can suppress and misuse its soul, and murder thousands of Jews.

but when the soul departs from the body is it not cleansed?

has it not been seperated from its evil body?

and now what is left of the person, the pure and rightous soul, it is in the grace of God and it will go to heaven.

at death the evil is released and your all forgiving God will take your righteous soul into heaven.

=D>

I’m confused, at first you said that the body and soul were seperate:

but then right after that:

If the soul is not affected by the body then it cannot be misused, nor can it be contaminated and need cleansing.

However, if the actions of the body could somehow taint the soul then that undermines your first premise.

So, which is it?

cheers,
gemty

How do you know that ? Are you saying that you can re-think God’s thoughts ?

How can that help us, back here, in any way ?

That is one way of seeing it…

Righteous ? Nobody is truly righteous, you should know that. True to God’s Will ? I’da thought Obw is less exigent about lost souls on ILP. Beautiful ? Don’t mind me saying, but have you ever seen or felt it, per chance ?

Dualism ? Is it even a respectable theory anymore ?

Yes, but according to your logic, was the genocide of thousands (millions, actually) of Jews not just a mass cleansing ?

I thought it was the soul that affected anf misused its body.

What if it was ‘misused’ ?

Again you claim to advocate a divine point of view. Really ?

Fiction

People love fiction.

actually i’m an athiest.

i was just tryin to be a theologian for a minute.

i made it up though, i have no (biblical) evidence to back any of this up, i was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

my main point was, and sorry if i confused it with some of my wording.

that God is all-forgiving, and if God exists then he would not send a human soul to Hell.

just to clear some things up.

“I thought it was the soul that affected and misused its body”

i was saying that the body, although it does not permanantly effect the soul, it can temporarily suppress it and misuse it.

“Yes, but according to your logic, was the genocide of thousands (millions, actually yeah your right, i was way off) of Jews not just a mass cleansing.”

yeah i guess if you put it that way, but i didnt mean it that way at all.

Hitler was moving farther and farther away from God, and to leave God’s proximity is to create a Hell on Earth.
that was his punishment.
but at death God brought his soul back to heaven.

Yes i think your right,

My theroy is, that big bang you talk about, is the creation of hell (you know when satan chose to be naughty something went bang) and that your allready in it.

Why have a heaven, this world and a hell.
What would be the point of this world, when you allready have a heaven.

there is only heaven and hell.

I completely agree. I find it hard to justify a perminant hell. Temporary punishment, sure. That makes sense.

“God” doesn’t have to justify himself to us- he’s omnipotent* and might makes right. He can just say “Fuck 'em if they can’t take a joke” and leave it at that.

• I’m assuming we’re discussion the J/C, old-white-bearded-guy-on-a-throne-in-the-clouds-type of god.

More Fiction

Sophistry. So what?

Fiction can be just as powerful as fact.

Irrational thought.

nothing new,i could have expected more from you.

What about propaganda? The whole ideology behind the Aryan race is based on a story, not on hard evidence but it swayed a whole nation under the rulership of Hitler.

Racism is based on the old principle that white people are more evolved than other races. Not only do we know that this is not true, but the fact is that humans are all one race and aren’t genetically different enough to distiguish between “breeds” of humans as opposed to other races like dogs. That didn’t stop that theory from being infuential.

Or what about American myths? George Washington and the cherry tree? The pilgrim’s first thanksgiving? Both complete falsities, but most of us have been taught the story of the pilrims in Elementary school like actual fact!

Scientology is a religion created by a science fiction writer. And yet many rich, and infuential people follow this religion.

So tell me how that’s irrational? If fiction is presented as a fact and people believe it as such how is it less powerful than the truth? People want to be told interesting stories and often we want to believe them.

Hitler was a man with a ruined dream,thus the world fell apart on the second war america was involved in,we are all inferior species.man,machine,and beast alike.false stories are the causes of ruined dreams and corrupt existence.

sometimes i dream of merging people with animals,genetically,but you don’t see me whining.no “breeds” here for we are already dead.
another theory,pointless to mention,and useless too this “argument”.

Elementary school,the place where false knowledge is placed inside innocent minds,yep the fact of fiction.

i could care less that this country is infuenced by greed,id’e rather live in a log cabin right now,scientology doesn’t replace the feelings of people who are already aware of the truth.

it isn’t irrational,its the person who mentioned it who’s irrational.

So its just me who’s irrational? Somehow, I’m sort of okay with that.

sophistry

exactly.

Isn’t sophistry kinda what we do here? Admittedly I had to look it up, but subtle arguing that’s pretty much what debate is.