The Gender of God?

It just gets to the point where people so consistently engage in semantics, it is, yet again, pointless discourse.

Why bother?

Last word, then the village is yours:

absolute: Latin:absolutus Free from restriction or limitation; unconditional; unqualified; perfect; pure; viewed independently; not comparative or relative; self-existent; ultimate.

Nothing that has been mentioned meets these criterion. Semantics, as I said … especially anything that concerns a relative particular, i.e. human, temporal being.

absolute: unconditionally unfalsifiable, period.

Ucc,

C’mon. No philosophy, no religion, no system of thought can prove its basis. You know that. Any talk of absolute is pissing into the wind. :astonished:

The reason no religion or philosophy can prove it's basis is because they all focus on clarifying the handful of things in life that are actually [i]controversial. [/i] That's largely what philosophy is. I know there is absolute truth 'out there', and I know that we actually have access to a select few (mostly useless) absolute truths, but they don't go nearly far enough to establish anything about God, or right and wrong, or the other 'Big Deals', so yeah, you're right. 
  In case things have become confused, what I'm arguing for is that there is a certain and particular way things are that is independant of our perceptions, and that we can know this because 

1.) We know a few basic things absolutely, like my example of pain, and
2.) Because it’s a necessary component of wrongness, which is the opposite of solipsism.
I am not arguing that the Pentacostals are right about everything and that they can prove it, or anything so heinous.

Because religion is based on that 1% or 1 chance in a trillion that it may be true. If I said “I am the Christ” would you believe me ? You would probably think I am a nutcase like so many others. You would not have faith in me. How would you be different then from those who didn’t believe the christ in the bible ? Didn’t they want signs, miracles something to decrease the probability that he was false ? What were they guilty of, not believing the first guy who comes along saying my kingdom is not of this world ? Would you believe that if I said it ?

It is a game of poker with reality. Are there hidden layers of reality ? Like the movies “Vanilla Sky” or “The Truman Show”. In one case the guy was in a dream in another the guy was on a stage, both unaware of the ultimate nature of “REALITY”. Instead of saying god watches down why not say we are all on a stage and a mind is watching us, like the Truman Show. Said like that it sounds less true. Then again if you told Karl Marx in 1948 that reality allows the buiding of Atom bombs and supercomputers because there are hidden layers of reality that science must discover, would he have believed that ?

Because religion is based on that 1% or 1 chance in a trillion that it may be true. If I said “I am the Christ” would you believe me ? You would probably think I am a nutcase like so many others. You would not have faith in me. How would you be different then from those who didn’t believe the christ in the bible ? Didn’t they want signs, miracles something to decrease the probability that he was false ? What were they guilty of, not believing the first guy who comes along saying my kingdom is not of this world ? Would you believe that if I said it ?

It is a game of poker with reality. Are there hidden layers of reality ? Like the movies “Vanilla Sky” or “The Truman Show”. In one case the guy was in a dream in another the guy was on a stage, both unaware of the ultimate nature of “REALITY”. Instead of saying god watches down why not say we are all on a stage and a mind is watching us, like the Truman Show. Said like that it sounds less true. Then again if you told Karl Marx in 1948 that reality allows the buiding of Atom bombs and supercomputers because there are hidden layers of reality that science must discover, would he have believed that ?

Dear Ned.

Absolute truth is as existent as an quark.
It’s everywhere, but too subtle for the untrained eye to see.

I think that your next and most important “spiritual” steps in life have to do with change, but that’s just a guess. Isn’t change part of the deepest learning process?

In a sense everything is religion. Why do we respect national flags ? why do we have pictures of loved ones ? why visit the dead at cemeteries ? Why are there statues of Karl Marx or Saddam Hussein (when he was a dictator) ? All these and many other acts are very similar to worship, we pay homage to some meatphysical abstraction, some value, something that has an emotional tag, a value that is greater than what appears.

When you leave one religion you always end up into another no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

PS. Karl Marx also created a theory of hidden layers in 1848,( I made a mistake before.)

Of course there is absolute truth. In Buddhism and Hinduism it is known as “dharma” which means “the laws of nature” or “that which sustains the universe.”

siamese-dream.com/reference/dharma.html

On my path I know it as the laws of world creation. Without these absolute truths, there could be no objective justice rendering karma meaningless. The fact that as we are we are unable to understand them does not negate their existence.

Seeing the patterns of nature may give us a glimpse of our truths. Seeing the connectedness of inherent opposites strongly suggests an equilibrium and dynamic movement of all that we may see, but it does not allow us to know anything. We may project into the unknowable all we wish, but they are projections only. It may be disconcerting to know that there is no escape from our illusions, but accepting that is the beginning of living, not living as.

Of course we don’t know anything. We have to develop within our being qualities not yet developed to understand dharma. From the link:

The sage can experience these objective laws in ways impossible for their students which is why they are students with potential and not sages. Naturally as these ideas drifted into Vedic society, conscious understanding degenerated unconsciously into blind duty for the majority or what we call morality which replaces conscious understanding.

DIRECTLY FROM GOD:

1492:CORINTHIANS:65-69

“65. And the Lamb of God sayeth, Fleshly Lust and Pure Spirit are the same and two sides of the same coin, they reinforce each other and feed off each other. 66. Every moment is eternity, only thoughts produce noise and disrupt the pure void of eternity and timeless emptiness; 67. shut off all your thoughts as they are meaningless and insignificant, don’t think at all, empty mind; 68. throw away all your language and science and contructs, free your mind and be nothing; 69. and the little children were amazed and awed by such a great revelation and sayeth HOLY BE THOU! HOLY BE THOU!”

Invent your own bible. Be your own boss. BE GOD.

Love is Chaos.

Why been nothing when God is? Why meditate on the timeless void when your only thoughts are Love?

Indeed.

Love is the true being answer free from chaos of your obsession weak, that is how when you see yourself loving another who is willing to hide on feelings of faking being you are not loving but saying what you want to be too, it is only when you share with another the feeling of not fearing to give to what is, beside your true weak aware of, that you are experience the feeling of loving a man, the answer to the void truth of useless values in being, Love give the truth of values the sense they deserve in absolute truth, this is what God saw and wanted to make it felt in others they would share this truth with Him, the truth of loving truths for what it offers you a supreme state in rewarding being of love.

Love is the true being answer free from chaos of your obsession weak, that is how when you see yourself loving another who is willing to hide on feelings of faking being you are not loving but saying what you want to be too, it is only when you share with another the feeling of not fearing to give to what is, beside your true weak aware of, that you are experience the feeling of loving a man, the answer to the void truth of useless values in being, Love give the truth of values the sense they deserve in absolute truth, this is what God saw and wanted to make it felt in others they would share this truth with Him, the truth of loving truths for what it offers you a supreme state in rewarding being of love.

Next step.

Undestanding and personally applying God’s primary-and-most-relative-to-mortal-needs:mechanics.

If you can’t “use” or “explain” what you claim to “know” then you “know” nothing at all and are a failure. In “knowing” “God” who “knows all”–you should also “know all”. I think that when you talk about “God” you lie. I think that you lie every day, to yourself and everybody else, because you don’t have “God”, but you do have your false claims and premises about “God”.

Incorrect.
“Love” partians to primary instinct, which is an off-shoot of primary need, and is a form of attachment. When in the form of “true love”, it becomes a harmonic ressonance with the “good” that it “understands”/has-experience-with.

There is nothing “lovely” about disorder.

Wrong kind of love. I was talking about true love.

Love is the feeling/emotion essance whatever you want to call it that makes a sane Human insane, Makes you want to die because of your love for somthing, Makes you stay with someone even though they treat you like shit and wrong on you every chance they get. It is the feeling for another being that makes you completely theirs without question or answer.

Have you ever looked a devout believer of God or any other belief in the eyes? A “true” believer? There you will see love for their god and the madness caused by it. They will do anything to preserve their faith.

Or for that matter a man who truly loves their wife or husband? And would kill themselves if asked by thier other just to make her/him happy.

It can also cause the exact same person to do all the “good” you can imagine. It is niether good nor evil, it can be both. And this you “can” prove every day in every way. Just walk out side and look for it. And cause you to forgive anyone of anything.

True love is only peaceful when both beings love each other. Which is very rare, amongst you humans.

I call this Chaos. It fluctuates between sanity and madness. As chaos does. And is indeed both.

I find disorder Beutiful and awe inspireing. It is unpredictable. Of course then again I am born of it.

You are describing what you said of human love that all here like to watch on tv this pulsion is not true love but still you are right it is the best you can get as a beast it is also the proof that beasts are from love that love is all at all levels of created souls.